Ghosting on xbox series x

Discus and support Ghosting on xbox series x in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been noticing ghosting on my tv and my monitor on my monitor i feel like i have to set my refresh rate to each game im playing in order for it to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Matthew cour, Nov 6, 2023.

1. Matthew cour
    Matthew cour Guest

I've been noticing ghosting on my tv and my monitor on my monitor i feel like i have to set my refresh rate to each game im playing in order for it to go away my monitor is 165hz from msi and i have freesync on and off i was playing hellblade and on the 60hz mode if my monitor is set to 120hz i get terrible ghosting because my monitor is getting a 120hz signal ... do i really have to look up each game and figure out the fps and then set my refresh rate to each game because its a really big inconvenience.... i wish xbox was like pc settings wise this is a major design flaw and i can't get the ghosting on my tv under control what so ever game mode on and off i get ghosting

:)

Matthew cour, Nov 6, 2023
  2. Bombdogjr Win User

Game won’t install

1. the game is Ghost Recon: Wildlands,

2. Yes, I have very recently downloaded another Xbox 1 game onto the series x with no problems.
  3. Matthew cour Win User

you're wrong about that my monitor is 400 bucks from msi this is caused by xbox being set at 120hz and games only running 30-60hz
  4. David Wirsching Win User

Hello Matthew C, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I understand that you're experiencing ghosting issues on both your TV and monitor when playing games on your Xbox Series X. Here are a few suggestions to address the problem:

1. Make sure you have your TV set to "Game Mode." This mode typically minimizes input lag and optimizes the display settings for gaming. Additionally, check if your TV has any motion smoothing or image processing features enabled and disable them, as they can contribute to ghosting.

2. Ensure that your monitor is set to its native refresh rate, which is 165Hz in your case. Setting the refresh rate to match the native capability of your monitor can help reduce ghosting. Also, make sure that any motion blur reduction or overdrive settings on your monitor are appropriately configured.

3. On your Xbox Series X, navigate to the "Settings" menu and select "TV & display options." From there, check if your console is set to output at the correct resolution and refresh rate for your display. Generally, it's recommended to set the console to output at the native resolution of your TV or monitor. Depending on the game, the Xbox Series X will adjust the frame rate accordingly.

4. Some games allow you to adjust their graphics settings, including the frame rate cap. If a game has options for frame rate or refresh rate, you can try matching it to your monitor's refresh rate to minimize ghosting. However, not all games provide this level of customization, so it may not be possible for every game.

5. Ensure that you are using a high-quality HDMI cable that supports the necessary bandwidth for your display and the capabilities of your Xbox Series X. A subpar or damaged cable may contribute to visual artifacts and ghosting.

If you've tried these steps and are still experiencing significant ghosting issues, it may be worth contacting the manufacturer of your TV or monitor for further assistance. They may have specific recommendations or firmware updates that can help improve the performance.

It's important to note that while the Xbox Series X does offer some display settings customization, it may not provide the same level of granular control as a PC. Console gaming is typically designed to be more plug-and-play, with optimized settings for a wide range of displays. However, individual game developers have varying levels of control over graphics settings, so the experience can differ from game to game.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.
    Best regards.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Monitors are for use with computers, not game system and many of them rely on software support to display the image the way you wanted to. The panel on a television or monitor always runs at the same refresh rate in it relies on the hardware inside of the display to convert that signal properly. for example I have a 120 Hz and a 240 Hz television. Neither one of them accept a signal higher than 60 Hz because the electronics inside them don't support it.

Many $400 and $1600 televisions share the identical panel. What's you're paying for is the electronics in the software inside that run it, which is one of the ways they increased margins with monitors is by making your PC do that work for them. But you don't have a PC doing that work with an Xbox

My professional grade monitor looks terrible on anything but 60hz for this reason. Samsung saved money not including the hardware and software for any other refresh rate. The same PC output to my television at 30fps looks great.

Which MSI monitor do you have?
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

your issues caused by the fact that your monitor manufacturer over clocks and uses other software tricks to attempt to simulate higher performance than it actually has. All of your problems are being caused by they're not adhering to standards. You're lucky, most 165 Hz monitor don't work at all

I always recommend purchasing a TV.
Thema:

1. Ghosting on xbox series x - Similar Threads - Ghosting series

2. Inverse ghosting after pc reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Inverse ghosting after pc reset: [img] does anyone has a solution for this? I have overdrive on the monitor & freesync on but can’t find other solutions for this and all my drivers are up to date also I am noticing that it is...
  3. Ghost Recon year 1 pass won't appear in the xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ghost Recon year 1 pass won't appear in the xbox: Hi, I am trying to purchase the ghost recon year 1 pass, but am having problems getting the purchase to appear on my xbox. I think my Xbox profile and microsoft account are mixed up somehow. I...
  4. Call of Duty: Ghost DLC not downloaded correctly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty: Ghost DLC not downloaded correctly: I recently purchased the Call of Duty: Ghost add-on Season Pass. I go in game to download the items I have purchased but they are still at their original set price. I go on to discover that the...
  5. COD Ghosts screen glitches and breaks while opening on Xbox.

in XboX Insiders
    COD Ghosts screen glitches and breaks while opening on Xbox.: So, I'm having major issues with fixing this bug on Call of Duty: Ghosts, when I open the game the screen immediately splits into two uneven screens and leaves a major static bar in the middle....
  6. Ghost Recon Gold Edition Year One Pass cannot install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ghost Recon Gold Edition Year One Pass cannot install: How the [mod removed] do I get the game to install the Year One Pass I am on Xbox One Series X and all I get is the Base Game - and UbiCrap has only provided a flyer/slip/printout thing with a...
  7. Accidentally deleted Ghost REcon Breakpoint character. Can Ubisoft bring it back.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accidentally deleted Ghost REcon Breakpoint character. Can Ubisoft bring it back.: account had over 1000 hours help bf14d94b-39c9-41a7-afdf-42740c5f2805
  8. Ghost messages on xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Ghost messages on xbox: Pretty much have ghost messages on ALL Platforms with no way to find then Had a support worker try to fix it by resetting the xbox app multiiple times with no result and was told that they would...
  9. Hello when i was playing fortnite on my xbox series s i noticed ghosting on my character...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello when i was playing fortnite on my xbox series s i noticed ghosting on my character...: i need help on what to do with this problem.And it happens on my character and the pickaxe and when im emoting. fd8d5348-687e-4b20-b282-749783f9548a
  10. I have Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox 360 on disk and it's not working on Series X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox 360 on disk and it's not working on Series X.: It says it's supposed to be backwards compatible. I miss this game, so please give recommendations. I don't want to buy a new game if I don't have to. 91c66f3f-b945-43bc-9fe6-ff939534dfb9