Getting rid of numbers on Gamertag

Discus and support Getting rid of numbers on Gamertag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I used to have only three numbers on my gamer tag, "667". Now, I have seven. I'm not sure how it happened. Maybe I did something without realizing it,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by lil667, Jan 25, 2022.

1. lil667
    lil667 Guest

I used to have only three numbers on my gamer tag, "667". Now, I have seven. I'm not sure how it happened. Maybe I did something without realizing it, I'm not sure. But, I want them gone. I've tried everything, including going all the way up to the paying part. (Which makes me think that I have changed it before). Can someone give me some advice, please?

:)

lil667, Jan 25, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

The only way to remove the suffix is to change your gamertag to a tag that no one else is using and doesn't include special characters.
  3. KindGryphon Win User

My name has hashtags and i don't know how to remove them

Hello I am Mason. I need help try to figure out how to delete the hashtag numbers because they are annoying and i can't get rid of them. Thank you, Mason
    The new gamertag system adds a hashtag and numbers at the end if the gamertag you want is already owned by someone else (so that more than one person can have the same gamertag) so the only way to get rid of the numbers at the end is to change your gamertag to one that no one else owns.
  4. Daft Badger Win User

How do I remove those 4 other numbers from my gamertag without paying?

You can't.

You'd have to pick a gamertag that's not in use by anyone else to get rid of the numbers but you would still have to pay for the change,there's no way around that.
  5. TrissieTheHusky Win User

Xbox Custom Gamertag

Unfortunately there is no way to get rid of the numbers. This is a Microsoft implementation.

You can read more about changing your gamertag here.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

Have a good day!
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox Live ve Nick Sorunu[translation-Xbox live and Nick problem]

Hi Ardaabay,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you are trying to get rid of part of the gamertag that shows. Unfortunately, this is not possible. The reason the #and four numbers is there is someone already is using the gamertag Nick. You can look
    over the
    gamertag FAQ
    for more information.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Getting rid of numbers on Gamertag - Similar Threads - Getting rid numbers

2. How to Reset an Xbox One S without getting rid of games

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to Reset an Xbox One S without getting rid of games: I tried to open the troubleshooting menu, but it is just stuck on the “Preparing Console” screen and it has been for 10 minutes, how can I speed it up so I can reset my Xbox?...
  3. On 1 document only, I cannot get rid of caps lock.

in XBoX on Windows
    On 1 document only, I cannot get rid of caps lock.: I am totally confused. On only 1 document, caps lock seems to be on when it isn't. It's the ONLY document this is happening with. How can I stop it? 22cb30e6-4e8f-4b7e-8354-0656194f0f22
  4. On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen

in XBoX on Windows
    On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen: On xbox while on mircosft edge and on keyboard how do you get rid of the text box on the screen bcc5a3af-b8f0-4562-a689-5447d0a34a0e
  5. How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list: How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list, my xbox just updated now there is a massive tab on my friends list that looks horrible and is pretty pointless, can't find a way to...
  6. Is there any way i can get a replacement controller, if i already got rid of the broken one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way i can get a replacement controller, if i already got rid of the broken one: my controller had an issue but my mum chose to bin it is there anyway i can be sent a new one 4eec4f68-2424-4df6-9f68-c629f9c01e54
  7. How can I get rid of every xbox product I own?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I get rid of every xbox product I own?: I hate your company so much. Xbox is aweful. It’s freezes, lags and my seafarer external hard drive( which says on their site that it can hold x/S games makes me download them right to my internal...
  8. How do i get rid of an enforcement after someone founf out my info and got me ban from...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i get rid of an enforcement after someone founf out my info and got me ban from...: I got an enforcement after someone figured out my info and i changed it and got an enforcement how do i get rid of it. *** Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Account and profile / Account management...
  9. any idea how to get rid of the classic gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    any idea how to get rid of the classic gamertag?: i have changed my gamertag the old one still in use and it shows on both my profile and in game's it's also have set automatically as a classic gamertag the new one only shows on profile...
  10. Want to merge my two Xbox accounts on one phone number want to get rid of Skype so I can be...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Want to merge my two Xbox accounts on one phone number want to get rid of Skype so I can be...: I have two Xbox accounts and want to merge both of them to one number to authenticate I don't use Skype is it possible to remove it in use a single number for two accounts so I can authenticate...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can.i remove the numbers from my gamertag