Getting capped at 60 fps in Fullscreen and getting uncapped fps in windowed mode.

Discus and support Getting capped at 60 fps in Fullscreen and getting uncapped fps in windowed mode. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; After I updated my laptop (HP VIctus 15) when I opened my games I was capped at 60 fps when I was in full screen. But when I was using windowed mode it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by awesometasee, Mar 30, 2024.

1. awesometasee
    awesometasee Guest

Getting capped at 60 fps in Fullscreen and getting uncapped fps in windowed mode.

After I updated my laptop (HP VIctus 15) when I opened my games I was capped at 60 fps when I was in full screen. But when I was using windowed mode it would get uncapped. I have a 144 hz display and have a nvidia graphics card. I checked for vsync on all of my software and all was turned off, even if it was on I should have been getting 144 fps. I already tried restarting my computer and I looked at restore points I can not find any. I tried different games like stumble guys, fortnite, roblox, stumble guys, and apex legends. On all these games I would get capped at 60 fps full screen and on windowed mode I would get over 200 fps. This happened after I tried installing my updates because I paused them for a month or two.

:)

awesometasee, Mar 30, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Awesometasee, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, uninstall the current Graphic Card drivers.

Open the Device Manager window by pressing the Windows Key + X and Select "Device Manager".

Select Display Adapter > Right-click the device, and click Uninstall Device > OK

Then, restart your PC.

Then enter your graphics card manufacturer page, and download and install the latest drivers.

https://www.nvidia.com/geforce/drivers/

Let me know if it works!
  3. ScotScottScottt Win User

xbox game pass PC Hellblade Senua Sacrifice ! Cannot change Resolution

Same issue with 30fps cap in fullscreen mode. Game is installed through gamepass/Xbox for PC app and will only give 60 fps running in windowed mode. Maximizing the game window also drops the fps from 60 to 30, no matter the resolution. Any help would be
    greatly appreciated.
  4. ThePurpleMario Win User

Minecraft FPS Stuck At 60 While I'm At Full Screen (Not Happening In Older Windows Versions)

My problem is with Minecraft. In windowed mode, my FPS is crazy, above 200.

But while in fullscreen (Even windowed full screen), my FPS caps at 60, even with Optifine.

I had to ask here, because this is a problem with Windows 10. I'm running 10 Home 1909, the latest release. That doesn't happen with Minecraft Windows 10. Is Microsoft trying to find a way to pull users to Bedrock?

I would appreciate your help :)
  5. flankmaker Win User

Sea of theives 30 fps

Then how can I get 60 fps? I always get 60 fps in Forza, GTA V and Fortnite.

Do I get 60 fps at 4k UHD?
    My friend has run his tests on SoT and we have reached the conclusion that you are capped at 30fps. There is no way to bypass this and as a result you can only run the game at 30fps.
  6. brandiesel1 Win User

Sea of theives 30 fps

Then how can I get 60 fps? I always get 60 fps in Forza, GTA V and Fortnite.

Do I get 60 fps at 4k UHD?
    Some games can run at 60fps on the S depending on hw demanding the games are, however, SoT is most likely capped at 30. That's what I've been able to find out.
Thema:

1. Getting capped at 60 fps in Fullscreen and getting uncapped fps in windowed mode. - Similar Threads - Getting capped fps

2. can i please get some help?

in XBoX on Windows
    can i please get some help?: my account was hacked and when i got the account back it was banned so can i please have some help because i really shouldnt be banned for something i didnt do so it would be much appreciated if i...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?: This 90 day expiry date thing is not an option and there needs to be a way to get everything back because they've been sat on my account for years and now all of a sudden they get deleted?...
  5. Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass: I Redeemed 3 different coin packs with my game pass points and never received them. I didn't get an email with a code or a text I was not given anything to redeem them but used my game pass...
  6. Trying to join a party but whenever i do i get kicked, same thing with hosting a party...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Trying to join a party but whenever i do i get kicked, same thing with hosting a party...: Hadn't had this issue until lately, tried power cycling, resetting the router, checked if my privacy settings were weird, it wasn't any of that, also the error code isn't listed anywhere which is...
  7. Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?: Hey! My brother recently gave me a gift card for 2800 vbucks and i wanted to redeem it. So i went to Fortnite.com and went to redeem my code. It let me put in the code, but after i did that it...
  8. GameStop digital preorder how do I get access to it?

in XboX Insiders
    GameStop digital preorder how do I get access to it?: I preordered a digital game today at GameStop. I tried to figure out how the whole process of getting access to it works while at the store, but I left still confused. How does a digital pre order...
  9. On 1 document only, I cannot get rid of caps lock.

in XBoX on Windows
    On 1 document only, I cannot get rid of caps lock.: I am totally confused. On only 1 document, caps lock seems to be on when it isn't. It's the ONLY document this is happening with. How can I stop it? 22cb30e6-4e8f-4b7e-8354-0656194f0f22
  10. Get your cap together

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Get your cap together: I got my fifa 17 preorder back when it came out around September 13th. Still no 15000 credits. 0d89105d-43b6-4edd-86f9-1ac659c81bcd