getting an error where my xbox cannot resolve DNS - happens with wireless and wired...

Discus and support getting an error where my xbox cannot resolve DNS - happens with wireless and wired... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; is my xbox x network card flaky ? fa3ea43a-c37a-40ec-a1df-825745a8da90 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bryce K, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Bryce K
    Bryce K Guest

getting an error where my xbox cannot resolve DNS - happens with wireless and wired...

is my xbox x network card flaky ?

:)

Bryce K, Jun 1, 2023
  2. omgjordin Win User

Xbox 360 dns problem

Hello! Thanks for reaching out on the forums. Here are some steps that might help resolve your issue.

Like many other network devices, the Xbox 360 uses the domain name system (DNS) to translate Internet addresses into numerical Internet protocol (IP) addresses. If the console is unable to retrieve the values for the DNS, the Xbox 360 will not be able to
    connect to the Xbox Live network properly. The following demonstrates how to resolve most issues surrounding DNS errors, which can be caused by faulty networking equipment or incorrectly set DNS values.

1. Turn off the Xbox 360 console by pressing the power button on the front of the console. If you have a wireless networking adapter installed, unplug it from the USB port. Turn off all wired or wireless hardware capable of supplying an Internet connection
      to the Xbox 360 console; this includes wired and wireless routers and modems.
    2. Turn on the modem and allow it to fully restart. Then, turn on the wired or wireless router connected to the Xbox 360 console and allow it to fully restart. Repeat this process for every other piece of hardware connected to the console.
    3. Turn on the Xbox 360 console and scroll to “My Xbox”. Select “System Settings” and then select “Network Settings”. Choose between “Wired Network” or “Wireless Network” and then select Test Xbox Live Connection. Allow the test to fully complete. If any DNS
      errors persist, move on to the next step.
    4. Enter a manual DNS value for use with the Xbox 360 console. This value can be retrieved from your computer by checking its network settings, or by contacting your ISP. Make sure to copy the values down on a piece of paper. After acquiring the correct DNS
      values, select the wired or wireless network you’re using on your console and select “Configure Network." Choose “DNS Settings” on the “Basic Settings” tab and select Manual. Select “Primary DNS Server” and enter the first DNS value. Select “Secondary DNS
      Server” and enter the second DNS value. Afterwards, test the Xbox Live connection once more.
    5. Use a direct connection to your modem if you still have DNS errors. Directly plug your Xbox 360’s Ethernet cable into the modem. If the DNS error is resolved, you may be having problems with your router. Consult the router’s instruction manual for how to
      resolve this problem.
  3. coreykuck1 Win User

Can't connect to xbox live

It have always had it connected to the internet with wireless but i tried hard wiring it in with a cable but then it says DNS is not resolving xbox server names
  4. DeniqL Win User

getting an error where my xbox cannot resolve DNS - happens with wireless and wired connections - resetting wireless router fixes - is my network card bad in my xbox x ?

Hi,Bryce! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Can you try setting the DNS manually?

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Settings.

Select All Settings.

Select Network.

Select Advanced settings.

Select DNS settings.

Select Manual.

Set the primary DNS address to 8.8.8.8 and the secondary DNS address to 8.8.4.4
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Error code

Hi
    forzainformer2

Thank you for coming to the forums. We'd be happy to help but we are going to need some more information about the issue because that error code isn't going to bring up any results in the database and there a many factors as to why the console cannot connect
    to the internet or Xbox Live.

What manual DNS settings did you input and what was the reasoning for that? Were you getting an error that the "DNS is not resolving"?

Do you connect wireless or hard-wired? Are you able to sign in to the profile?

Give us some more information on the error and what steps you took that lead you to manually inputting a different DNS settings.
  6. Zero Divided Win User

Increase download speeds with wired connection?

DNS won't have a effect on your download speeds, but could speed up you web browsing speeds. DNS translates names into IP addresses, so when you type google.com into a web browser, that request goes to the DNS and it resolves google.com to 64.233.183.139(or
    what IP your DNS may resolve to) and then your computer connects to that IP address.

but wired or wireless will not make a difference, assuming the wireless signal is good.
Thema:

1. getting an error where my xbox cannot resolve DNS - happens with wireless and wired... - Similar Threads - getting error where

2. I keep getting a 0x80248014 error when downloading apps

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting a 0x80248014 error when downloading apps: Every time i try to install youtube or other apps on my xbox it gives me the 0x80248014 error code. Does anyone know why its giving me this problem? and how do i fix it?...
  3. How can I link my Bethesda.net Account to my Xbox email? Everytime I try, I get an error....

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I link my Bethesda.net Account to my Xbox email? Everytime I try, I get an error....: How can I link my Bethesda.net Account to my Xbox email? Everytime I try, I get an error. "Failed to link, contact support." Blah blah blah. Please help! f1fa2460-00ef-46c3-a360-aa24377c382f
  4. After last update, I can't not sign in. Keep on getting an error code. Never happened...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After last update, I can't not sign in. Keep on getting an error code. Never happened...: After last update I keep on getting an error code never happened before. Now everytime I sign in it automatically takes me to my microsoft account. Never happened before. Now I'm stuck with an...
  5. Homefront the revolution can't connect to resistance mode. I keep getting error message...

in XBoX on Windows
    Homefront the revolution can't connect to resistance mode. I keep getting error message...: I've tried a few different methods to get to play resistance mode but everything I have tried hasn't worked. I still get the same error message (can't connect to multiplayer [support code 152]...
  6. I keep getting Error Code 0x8924000D

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I keep getting Error Code 0x8924000D: I keep getting Error Code 0x8924000D when I try to join a party or invite someone to my own. I restart my console and disconnect/restart my wifi and it doesn’t fix the issue. At the time of...
  7. I get the error 0x80070490 and 0x80073CF9 and I also can't install the gaming services. I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I get the error 0x80070490 and 0x80073CF9 and I also can't install the gaming services. I...: Since I have bought the new laptop when I launch the xbox app it says the error code mentioned above and asks for updates and even after contacting the customer care and folllowing all the steos...
  8. How do i get the error code 0x80072EFD to stop and let me sign into xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i get the error code 0x80072EFD to stop and let me sign into xbox live: Get this error code anytime trying to load a multiplayer xbox gamepass game PLEASE HELP IVE FOLLOWED EVERY TUTORIAL LOKED THROUGH MULTIPLE FORIUMS NOTHINMG FIXES IT I NEED A MIRICAL OR SOME SOUND...
  9. I keep getting error code 0x8007007E in the Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting error code 0x8007007E in the Xbox app: So basically I recently got Fallout 76 for the Microsoft store so I redeemed the key and than I had to log in the Microsoft store in order to install it ,but I couldn't so I tried on the Xbox...
  10. Where can I get help with Xbox Game Pass PC install errors?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where can I get help with Xbox Game Pass PC install errors?: I am having problems installing PC Game Pass older games on Windows 11 especially EA Games titles. Anyone able to help me find solutions for specific games? Some are: Medal of Honor Airborne &...