Get a Series S and keep my One X or get a Series X and sell my One X?

Discus and support Get a Series S and keep my One X or get a Series X and sell my One X? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, it's my birthday coming up in a couple of months and I want to upgrade my Xbox One X from 2019 to a Xbox Series S or X. I'm aware of the major... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kiran Bhandari1, Aug 23, 2023.

1. Get a Series S and keep my One X or get a Series X and sell my One X?

Hi all, it's my birthday coming up in a couple of months and I want to upgrade my Xbox One X from 2019 to a Xbox Series S or X. I'm aware of the major differences between the S and the X in terms of disc drive and power but I would like some advice on what is the best option.

1. Should I keep my Xbox One X for disc-based Xbox One games and just use a Series S for new games (costing roughly £229 here in the UK for the 512GB version or the 1TB version which will be £299.99)?
    2. Do I sell my Xbox One X and get a Series X for £479.99 (I would get roughly £75 at my local CeX for my Xbox One X, bringing the cost down to £405)? I have a Gears 5 edition Xbox One X and really like the aesthetic, so am loathe to sell it at this stage.
    Do Xbox One games play better on the Series X? Would I really notice the difference in performance between the Series S and Series X on a 4K LG TV bought for £300 in 2019?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

:)

Kiran Bhandari1, Aug 23, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

Question about buying a new xbox

I'm assuming you're asking about the Series S and X not the One S and X?

If that is the case, if you have any games on discs you want to keep playing, get the Series X. You won't be able to play them on a Series S. Otherwise, the Series S is a little lower quality, but would be fine for casual gaming.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

New xbox S video performance.

Yes it will run at 30 fps on the Series X as well.

The Series X has a number of other advantages over the Series S, not just a higher resolution. The Series X has 6GB more RAM than the Series S and more capable graphics hardware. The Series X can run Xbox One games that were enhanced for the Xbox One X and
    run them smoother.

Only Xbox 360 and original Xbox games that were enhanced For One X get enhanced on the Series S, but unlike that machine, they max out at 1440P. Xbox One games run as they did on the original hardware, but with their own enhancements I mentioned in my previous
    reply such as smoother frame rates, unlocked resolutions and such.

For the time being, Series X and S are on par with each other frame rate wise, but only time will tell for future titles.

I'm a PC gamer (i7 and RTX 2080) as well as a console gamer. I have a Series S because I couldn't get a Series X. When the X becomes available I'll replace it.

I've not connected my Series S to my TV, it's running off my Monitor. 1080P at 120Hz is great so far.

The great thing with these consoles is their content now follows you. when I get my Series X, only old games will work and work better.
  4. Kiran Bhandari1 Win User

I'm playing mainly shooters, open-world games and RPGs. Is there an upgrade in terms of graphical performance and framerate playing Xbox One games on a Series X?
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Well that depends on what games you're playing and how you define performance.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Do Xbox One games play better on the Series X? Would I really notice the difference in performance between the Series S and Series X on a 4K LG TV bought for £300 in 2019?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Yes, many games that had performance issues with hitting their target frame rate of 60fps on the Xbox One or One X largely run flawlessly on the Series X. They can do this because they can use the Series X hardware to power their way through these games that struggled to run on the previous hardware.

The Series S is technically a downgrade compared to the old One X. Yes, the series S has a faster CPU and more advanced GPU in that it is capable of Ray Tracing, but the One X graphics processor is still faster. The Series S is an entry level console for people who have never owned a console (or an Xbox console) before. The Series S isn't a 4K (3840x2160) console either. Most games run under 1440P (2560x1440) which will not look great on a 4K TV. So, yes, you would most certainly notice the difference in picture quality.

The Series X can also play all of your disc based Xbox games, and has more internal storage.
Thema:

1. Get a Series S and keep my One X or get a Series X and sell my One X? - Similar Threads - Series keep Series

2. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  3. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  4. Xbox series X, controllers keep disconecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X, controllers keep disconecting: Hi, my controllers keep disconecting every few seconds. It started happening simultaneously a few months ago. The original controller and the one that I bought later. I’ve tried everything....
  5. My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting: A couple months ago I bought a brand new controller with the official rechargeable battery pack. I have had issues with the controller disconnecting and losing power since day one. Today I decided...
  6. Why my Xbox series X keep disconnecting from my network?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my Xbox series X keep disconnecting from my network?: The issue began about a month and a half ago and has gotten consistently worse. I will be in the middle on a Overwatch 2 game and the latency will jump from 30 to the 1600s and then the console...
  7. Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...: Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20 minutes is there a flaw in the system? 9012cfd8-a38f-45d4-b974-c21901092b3e
  8. Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet: So just recently I've noticed my Xbox series X, like every 30 seconds it will disconnect then re connect over and over again. As far I can tell my internet isn't actually disconnected. I get a...
  9. My xbox series s keep popping a message up "your local cache is full"

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series s keep popping a message up "your local cache is full": My xbox series s keep popping up message on the screen during playing "your local cache is full.... 0ddb1511-a4cb-415a-bcee-d17f0afe2a3b
  10. My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in how do I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in how do I fix it: Xbox elite controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in 97adfc5f-e45b-4f81-a5ab-d7826d75c20d