German Xbox One - English voice commands?

Discus and support German Xbox One - English voice commands? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was doing some searching and stumbled on to some old articles that said that a fe. German Xbox One wouldn't be able to take voice commands in english... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Coreldan, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Coreldan
    Coreldan Guest

I was doing some searching and stumbled on to some old articles that said that a fe. German Xbox One wouldn't be able to take voice commands in english and it would be region locked. To my understanding this is technically true, but if you change your locale
    in the settings to fe. UK, it would work?

Can anyone who imported the console confirm?

:)

Coreldan, Jan 14, 2014
  2. Zathrus
    Zathrus Guest
    Ireland and others left out with no explanation.

I'm considering a new console purchase and was wondering if the Xbox One Voice Commands working now?

Irish Xbox One Owners: Turn On Kinect Voice Commands In English or German From July

June 10, 2014 by Colm Smyth

From <irelandstechnologyblog.com/.../>

Zathrus, Jan 14, 2014
  3. vinnie2k
    vinnie2k Guest
    Free Games for Live - in German only?

Voice acting is now in English but the game itself is stiull in German. XBox support: my question still stands. Thanks.

vinnie2k, Jan 14, 2014
  4. Zathrus Win User

Ireland and others left out with no explanation.

I'm considering a new console purchase and was wondering if the Xbox One Voice Commands working now?

Irish Xbox One Owners: Turn On Kinect Voice Commands In English or German From July

June 10, 2014 by Colm Smyth

From <irelandstechnologyblog.com/.../>
  5. ngocphi Win User

I live in Germany! But I dont want my console in GERMAN!!!

You also have to remember kinect is accent aware and it is region based

Meaning it looks for german accent in a german account and ip

Since accents affect words it's not possible to use a english accent on a german kinect account you would have major issues with voice commands
  6. Coreldan Win User

How to get "Xbox on" to work?

There is no way to turn on voice commands in Ireland? I guess I might understand if you had to seperately enable then to sorta "agree that it might not understand your accent". I've heard it's the same for New Zealand and possibly Australia?

Can any fe. germans confirm whether they have english voice commands working?
  7. ThomasHilger Win User

I live in Germany! But I dont want my console in GERMAN!!!

This ist not true. I have a german gamertag, live in Germany too but when I set the region and language to U.S./english the voice commands work just fine for me. And I wouldn´t say that I have no accent when I speak english.
  8. Pavel Mochalin Win User

OneGuide functionality in the UK

I am from Russia. I recently bought a Xbox One. It works fine and understands my voice commands in English.

In Xbox One (OneGuide) no support for Russian cable television providers. And no voice commands to change channels.

I'd like to have voice commands: NEXT CHANNEL, PREVIOUS CHANNEL and CHANNEL [NUMBER CHANNEL].
Thema:

1. German Xbox One - English voice commands? - Similar Threads - German English voice

2. favorite friends do not pop online on when someone comes online and a possible german...

in XboX Insiders
    favorite friends do not pop online on when someone comes online and a possible german...: When favorite friends come online, nothing is showing on xbox and phone, i checked the settings, but everything seems okay, i had the same issue last with with achievements but glady they fixed...
  3. German game disc work on uk xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    German game disc work on uk xbox?: Hello, I purchased a game on ebay and when I received it I noticed it was a German copy it is still sealed and unopened. Will it still work on a uk xbox? 080928c3-1401-462d-83c7-c6d2f2f2a8c9
  4. German/English: Xbox has internet but keeps disconnecting Xbox Network/Life | Xbox hat...

in XBoX on Consoles
    German/English: Xbox has internet but keeps disconnecting Xbox Network/Life | Xbox hat...: First Englisch then German: Since a quite a long time my xbox suddenly stopped working. I didnt change anything on the xbox in the settings but i cant remember if i did something in my router. My...
  5. Why are the games by default installed in German language and how can I set it to English?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are the games by default installed in German language and how can I set it to English?: Hi, Problem: games from Game Pass install by default in German language. I need to have them in English. I am subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate. My Windows 10 display language settings is...
  6. my win11 xbox app is in english and so is the OS but games are in german I need them in...

in XBoX on Windows
    my win11 xbox app is in english and so is the OS but games are in german I need them in...: my win11 xbox app is in English and so is the OS but games are downloading in German. I need them in English, how do I get them to download the English version and not the German version. Can I...
  7. My XBox Apps language is set to german, but all xCloud games display english only.

in XboX Insiders
    My XBox Apps language is set to german, but all xCloud games display english only.: Why was this not being communicated and i had to learn this from a mod's comment blocking a Question on this issue? submitted by /u/Pschirki [link] [comments]
  8. Switch fallout new vegas german version to a french or english version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Switch fallout new vegas german version to a french or english version: hello just bought fallout new vegas and later discovered that the game was in german and as a live in french part of switzerland i do not speak german so i would like to know if i can change the...
  9. Dishonored DE - english version in german and austrian stores

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dishonored DE - english version in german and austrian stores: Hi, there are more and more complains from people in the german forum, that they have purchased Dishonored DE from the german or austrian store, but received the english version. I know that the...
  10. Still waiting for English language Support in German Country Console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Still waiting for English language Support in German Country Console: Hi MS-Team The release of the One was Nov 2013, now 1 year later there is always no option to use english language on a German Console without change the Country and Marketplace to UK or other....