Gears of War 4 Windows 10 Stuck at 30 fps in game even on Low

Discus and support Gears of War 4 Windows 10 Stuck at 30 fps in game even on Low in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; How exactly would I be able to get unlimited framerate for this game? In my settings it shows that I have the framerate uncapped and when I benchmark... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by dup15aa8f46-3e07-418e-8992-07eb458aed9d, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Gears of War 4 Windows 10 Stuck at 30 fps in game even on Low

How exactly would I be able to get unlimited framerate for this game? In my settings it shows that I have the framerate uncapped and when I benchmark I'm barely using any VRAM. I have V-Sync turned off as well.

:)

dup15aa8f46-3e07-418e-8992-07eb458aed9d, Jan 10, 2018
  2. The1337gamer
    The1337gamer Guest
    Xbox 360 plays in 60fps or 30fps?

Like others have said it depends on the game.

For reference I know COD, Rage, Forza, and Bayonetta run at 60 fps most of the time on 360.

Most games tend to run at 30 fps, some even run lower.

The1337gamer, Jan 10, 2018
  3. TheRealFoXQc
    TheRealFoXQc Guest
    Forza Horizon 3 PC Crash, Stuttering, hanging, FPS drops, Unstable.....

My PC:

Windows 10 Anniversary and everything

i7 4770k running at OEM clock

12GB DDR3 1600

Geforce GTX 780Ti

ASrock Z97 Extreme 4

Xbox 360 Controller

I can't find how to run de game smoothly..

On recommended settings with unlocked FPS I get between 40 and 80 FPS, but a lot of stuttering, crashes and unstability..

When running 60FPS cap I can't get it to run smoothly, even at LOW...

When I put Dynamic Control on LOW with the 30 FPS cap, it runs a solid 30 fps, but I get massive input lags in surfer's paradise and the game randomly crashes to desktop or sometimes the whole PC just freeze...

It seems that the quality level won't affect the stability or the FPS I get, but rather how long I can play before everything freezes or crashes....

Come on Microsoft.... I paid freaking 150 $ CAD for that game, Why NOBODY can run it strong on their PC ???? Did you optimised the game for Titan X GPU or what ?

Please help me... My drivers are all up to date and I tried every funny fixes being told on the forums... When is Microsoft's gonna say something about it ?

TheRealFoXQc, Jan 10, 2018
  4. CrazY1985
    CrazY1985 Guest

Are you sure that you have the latest GPU drivers?

CrazY1985, Jan 10, 2018
  5. DominumStige
    DominumStige Guest
    Hi!

With out-of-date drivers you may encounter the problem of limited 30fps, especially at a resolution of 1080p. Verify that your GPU drivers are up to date with the latest version.

DominumStige, Jan 10, 2018
  6. Yes I am sure, I also did a clean install of them last night.

Hello! Yes I have updated them, I am running the latest version.

dup15aa8f46-3e07-418e-8992-07eb458aed9d, Jan 11, 2018
  7. It will help us further if you could please provide the system specs of the PC you are playing this game on please.

If you are not sure, in Windows 10, click on the search button next to the Start button > type dxdiag and click on the Dxdiag app that shows up in the search. If you know how to read the information provided, post it here, otherwise click on the 'save all
    information' button. Copy and past this into the forum.

Thanks

Obsessive Power, Jan 11, 2018
  8. Gears of War 4 Windows 10 Stuck at 30 fps in game even on Low

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core 3.5GHz

Video Card: GeForce 1080Ti

DirectX Version: 12

Memory: 32GB DDR4 RAM

Display Mode: 1920 x 1080 (144Hz)

dup15aa8f46-3e07-418e-8992-07eb458aed9d, Jan 11, 2018
  9. Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

Your system is more than up to the task of running this game pretty much maxed out! Are you suffering from poor performance?

I did find this thread on the Gears of War forum, not sure if it relates to your issue exactly though.

Gears of war 4 fps problem on gtx1080

Obsessive Power, Jan 11, 2018
  10. Jomari Arc
    Jomari Arc Guest
    Hi,

A corrupted data may cause your game not to work properly. Here are steps on how to troubleshoot video and graphics issues:

1. Determine which version of DirectX is currently on your computer. Click Start, and then type dxdiag in the search box. Hit Enter. Under the System tab, make sure that the DirectX Version is DirectX 12.

2. Check to make sure you are running the latest version of Java. Start the Java app (or program) on your computer. Tap or click the Update tab in the Java Control Panel. Then, tap or click Update Now. Solution

3. Make sure your computer is properly ventilated. Games use more power than most other apps or programs, which generates more heat. Make sure that the computer fan's exhaust vent is not blocked. Solution

4. Turn down your graphics and sound settings. Scaling down your graphics and audio settings may allow the game to run smoother and be more stable on your computer.

Full Screen Anti-Aliasing (FSAA) – Turning this off or lowering it from the highest settings can make a big difference, at the cost of some jagged edges in the graphics.

Resolution – The higher the resolution the harder your graphics processing unit (GPU) has to work. Lowering the resolution can have a big impact with fairly little loss in graphic quality. Shadows – Simple shadows are easier to draw.

Shadows turned off is the easiest of all. Texture/Detail – Lower detail textures aren’t as crisp but will make the game easier for your system to manage.

Surround Sound – Disabling surround sound eases the strain on your sound hardware.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Jomari Arc, Jan 12, 2018
  11. I've searched all through that thread and threads related to it, thank you. I appreciate this as it was a lead to a possible solution however it didn't help. Seems the only solution would be to do a fresh re-install of windows in hopes that it works. Which
    in some cases as I've seen from that thread may not even work. Maybe I'll do a re-install some other time. Not going to do a re-install for only one game that will take me forever to download and eat my monthly data limit that comcast gives me as this is the
    only game I have this issue with.

Thanks for your efforts everyone.

dup15aa8f46-3e07-418e-8992-07eb458aed9d, Jan 12, 2018
  12. Gears of War 4 Windows 10 Stuck at 30 fps in game even on Low [​IMG]

dup15aa8f46-3e07-418e-8992-07eb458aed9d, Nov 2, 2018
  13. dup15aa8f46-3e07-418 Win User

It will help us further if you could please provide the system specs of the PC you are playing this game on please.

If you are not sure, in Windows 10, click on the search button next to the Start button > type dxdiag and click on the Dxdiag app that shows up in the search. If you know how to read the information provided, post it here, otherwise click on the 'save all
    information' button. Copy and past this into the forum.

Thanks

14. CrazY1985 Win User

Are you sure that you have the latest GPU drivers?
  15. dup15aa8f46-3e07-418 Win User

Your system is more than up to the task of running this game pretty much maxed out! Are you suffering from poor performance?

I did find this thread on the Gears of War forum, not sure if it relates to your issue exactly though.

Gears of war 4 fps problem on gtx1080
    I've searched all through that thread and threads related to it, thank you. I appreciate this as it was a lead to a possible solution however it didn't help. Seems the only solution would be to do a fresh re-install of windows in hopes that it works. Which
    in some cases as I've seen from that thread may not even work. Maybe I'll do a re-install some other time. Not going to do a re-install for only one game that will take me forever to download and eat my monthly data limit that comcast gives me as this is the
    only game I have this issue with.

Thanks for your efforts everyone.
  16. Jomari Arc Win User

Hi,

A corrupted data may cause your game not to work properly. Here are steps on how to troubleshoot video and graphics issues:

1. Determine which version of DirectX is currently on your computer. Click Start, and then type dxdiag in the search box. Hit Enter. Under the System tab, make sure that the DirectX Version is DirectX 12.

2. Check to make sure you are running the latest version of Java. Start the Java app (or program) on your computer. Tap or click the Update tab in the Java Control Panel. Then, tap or click Update Now. Solution

3. Make sure your computer is properly ventilated. Games use more power than most other apps or programs, which generates more heat. Make sure that the computer fan's exhaust vent is not blocked. Solution

4. Turn down your graphics and sound settings. Scaling down your graphics and audio settings may allow the game to run smoother and be more stable on your computer.

Full Screen Anti-Aliasing (FSAA) – Turning this off or lowering it from the highest settings can make a big difference, at the cost of some jagged edges in the graphics.

Resolution – The higher the resolution the harder your graphics processing unit (GPU) has to work. Lowering the resolution can have a big impact with fairly little loss in graphic quality. Shadows – Simple shadows are easier to draw.

Shadows turned off is the easiest of all. Texture/Detail – Lower detail textures aren’t as crisp but will make the game easier for your system to manage.

Surround Sound – Disabling surround sound eases the strain on your sound hardware.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.
  17. DominumStige Win User

Hi!

With out-of-date drivers you may encounter the problem of limited 30fps, especially at a resolution of 1080p. Verify that your GPU drivers are up to date with the latest version.
Thema:

1. Gears of War 4 Windows 10 Stuck at 30 fps in game even on Low - Similar Threads - Gears War Windows

2. I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...: I read about WindowsApp but it's full of complicated named files and no game file. Why is this even a thing? ba22ca33-1a93-465d-919f-e70856918031
  3. Replacement parts for Gears of War 4 Elite Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement parts for Gears of War 4 Elite Controller: Hi there, I am going out on a limb here and hoping someone could help. My partner has a Gears of War 4 elite controller and sadly the joystick thumb grips have torn off. She has had the...
  4. How to play gears of war 2 split screen on the series x with a guest a count

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to play gears of war 2 split screen on the series x with a guest a count: Need help *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other* 901b21f1-de94-4d56-8daf-25ae7bea2891
  5. Gears of war 2 and 3 are broken

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of war 2 and 3 are broken: I can’t log onto either games I paid money for due to profile specific crash glitches that happen on backwards compatibility. The only fixes to it aren’t possible on the series x and s to my...
  6. Does Gears of War Ultimate Edition gives you the Xbox 360 games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Gears of War Ultimate Edition gives you the Xbox 360 games?: I bought today Gears of War Ultimate Edition deluxe and someone told me that it gives you the 4 Gears of War 360 games and their dlcs. Is it true because I didn't saw them on my library when I...
  7. Do I still get all the games from the Gears of War collection if I buy Gears of War...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I still get all the games from the Gears of War collection if I buy Gears of War...: I was wondering if I buy the Gears of War ultimate edition on my Xbox from the Microsoft store do I also get all the games from the Gears of War collection? 3fa0da9c-9eb2-4d77-acd9-050f7117fe29
  8. Does anyone know how to correct the Fatal Memory error GW513 error for Gears of War 5?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how to correct the Fatal Memory error GW513 error for Gears of War 5?: I'm having the an issue running Gears of War 5 on my PC. The loading splash screen comes up, and then the game will hang and produce a Fatal Memory Error code GW513 ... this began happening fairly...
  9. Gears of War Ultimate Edition on Windows 10 - Taskbar Keeps Appearing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War Ultimate Edition on Windows 10 - Taskbar Keeps Appearing: The game is in full screen but the taskbar keeps appearing when I move the mouse to the lower part of the screen and clicking to shoot sometimes clicks on apps. I can't defeat the Locust by...
  10. Please Help Game pass On Window Store PC Gear of war 4 can't download.

in XBoX on Windows
    Please Help Game pass On Window Store PC Gear of war 4 can't download.: [img] please help me 2976d0de-7e44-4a80-a4c2-7e19d863c29a