Gears 5 Generic 0x0000000 error

Discus and support Gears 5 Generic 0x0000000 error in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I installed and played Gears 5. I think I tried to install both Gears 5 and the GOTY edition. The GOTY edition got installed but now. But every time... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rofleupagus, Aug 30, 2022.

1. Rofleupagus
    Rofleupagus Guest

I installed and played Gears 5. I think I tried to install both Gears 5 and the GOTY edition. The GOTY edition got installed but now. But every time the app is opened I have to dismiss an error. Thats fine I think. Now that Gears 5 GOTY is uninstalled, I keep getting the error. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and repairing it.

:)

Rofleupagus, Aug 30, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Rofleupagus

Its his happening on PC, right?

The 0x00000 error appears when you try to install the game from the Xbox app, right? Or the error appears when you try opening the game?

Also, besides the troubleshooting steps described in your post. Did you tried something else?

Or may I know if you tried reinstalling Gaming Services using powershell command?

Press Windows key + X and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

Type or copy / past the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Restart the PC and Open the Xbox application.

A blue notification with the following message is going to appear at the bottom:

"This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services is needed for playing some games. Administrator approval required. Install"

Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services, once installed check again

----

Or, did you tried everything from this article?

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...
  3. Mister Beep Win User

my gold isn't redeeming

Hey there,

Could you post the specific error code you are receiving? Errors generally look similar to XBOS-0000 or 0x0000000. Once we have an error code we'll be able to narrow down what the issue may be.
  4. Mister Beep Win User

Free trail

Hey there,

Thanks for posting! There was a service alert occurring around the time you posted this thread, are you still encountering issues? Additionally, what kind of codes are you trying to redeem and which error code/message did you see when redeeming? As a heads
    up, error codes generally look similar to 0x0000000 or XBOS-0000.

Keep us posted!
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Cannot Purchase Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition

Hey there,

Sorry to hear about the purchase issue. Is there an additional error code that comes with that message? Error codes generally look similar to 0x0000000 or XBOS-0000. We would recommend reaching out to our chat support team again to follow up, as they normally
    have better visibility on purchase issues and are the only path to take for account assistance. Please go ahead and reach out to them again and post back any error codes that may pop-up.
  6. yungmesiah Win User

error codes

yip getting the 0x0000000 error have idea why, says all services available but i cant load any game or app but im connected????
Thema:

1. Gears 5 Generic 0x0000000 error - Similar Threads - Gears Generic 0x0000000

2. I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...: I read about WindowsApp but it's full of complicated named files and no game file. Why is this even a thing? ba22ca33-1a93-465d-919f-e70856918031
  3. Confusion when trying to buy Guilty Gear 2: Overture on Xbox 360 marketplace

in XBoX on Windows
    Confusion when trying to buy Guilty Gear 2: Overture on Xbox 360 marketplace: Since the Xbox 360 store is shutting down very soon, I decided a game I wanted to purchase was Guilty gear 2: Overture. (keep in mind that i live in Canada)...
  4. Replacement parts for Gears of War 4 Elite Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement parts for Gears of War 4 Elite Controller: Hi there, I am going out on a limb here and hoping someone could help. My partner has a Gears of War 4 elite controller and sadly the joystick thumb grips have torn off. She has had the...
  5. How to play gears of war 2 split screen on the series x with a guest a count

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to play gears of war 2 split screen on the series x with a guest a count: Need help *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other* 901b21f1-de94-4d56-8daf-25ae7bea2891
  6. Gears of war 2 and 3 are broken

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of war 2 and 3 are broken: I can’t log onto either games I paid money for due to profile specific crash glitches that happen on backwards compatibility. The only fixes to it aren’t possible on the series x and s to my...
  7. Why can’t I play my Gears 5 online without them trying to sell me Game Pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play my Gears 5 online without them trying to sell me Game Pass?: So I was playing Gears 5 on disc before years ago but lost my disc. Then years later I started playing on my brothers Game Pass until it ran out. So yesterday I went to the store and bought...
  8. Does Gears of War Ultimate Edition gives you the Xbox 360 games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Gears of War Ultimate Edition gives you the Xbox 360 games?: I bought today Gears of War Ultimate Edition deluxe and someone told me that it gives you the 4 Gears of War 360 games and their dlcs. Is it true because I didn't saw them on my library when I...
  9. Do I still get all the games from the Gears of War collection if I buy Gears of War...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I still get all the games from the Gears of War collection if I buy Gears of War...: I was wondering if I buy the Gears of War ultimate edition on my Xbox from the Microsoft store do I also get all the games from the Gears of War collection? 3fa0da9c-9eb2-4d77-acd9-050f7117fe29
  10. Can't access dlc after purchase on guilty gear strive daredevil edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't access dlc after purchase on guilty gear strive daredevil edition: I bought guilty gear strive daredevil edition (digital purchase, Xbox Series X). I purchased after playing it on gamepass and wanted to play DLC that were unavailable to me since gamepass is base...