Gear 5 won't launch from Steam

Discus and support Gear 5 won't launch from Steam in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought the game on Steam some time ago - finally got a new GPU. Updated my drivers. Game installed through steam but it will not launch at all. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JasonW99_ACE, Jul 5, 2022.

1. JasonW99_ACE
    JasonW99_ACE Guest

I bought the game on Steam some time ago - finally got a new GPU. Updated my drivers.

Game installed through steam but it will not launch at all.

I see the first screen that is EasyCheat loading....then it goes away and after about 30 seconds steam status goes from "Playing Gears 5" to nothing.

Whats going on? I get no indication there is an error - it just won't start.

:)

JasonW99_ACE, Jul 5, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today JasonW99_Ace

Is this happening only with Gears 5 on Steam?
    If you check task manager, are you able to see a process related to Gears 5?

And, may I know which troubleshooting steps you have done so far to fix this issue?

I'll be waiting for your answers, greetings from another Microsoft user!
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Could be an incompatibility with the steam overlay functionality

So, right now is the game working as usual?
  4. Dale Justin Williams Win User

Hi

I've disabled the overlay function and the game still does not launch. Any further ideas?

I can also confirm that the game is not running in task manager.
  5. JasonW99_ACE Win User

FYI - I seem to have fixed it on my own - once I disabled the steam overlay, it seems to have worked.

That should be something that should be put in either a knowledge base or FAQ somewhere. I can't image its not a problem with others.
  6. JasonW99_ACE Win User

To be clear nothing showed in Task manager. It seems to have worked after I disabled the steam overlay in the game options.
Thema:

1. Gear 5 won't launch from Steam - Similar Threads - Gear won't launch

2. I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...: I read about WindowsApp but it's full of complicated named files and no game file. Why is this even a thing? ba22ca33-1a93-465d-919f-e70856918031
  3. Confusion when trying to buy Guilty Gear 2: Overture on Xbox 360 marketplace

in XBoX on Windows
    Confusion when trying to buy Guilty Gear 2: Overture on Xbox 360 marketplace: Since the Xbox 360 store is shutting down very soon, I decided a game I wanted to purchase was Guilty gear 2: Overture. (keep in mind that i live in Canada)...
  4. Replacement parts for Gears of War 4 Elite Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement parts for Gears of War 4 Elite Controller: Hi there, I am going out on a limb here and hoping someone could help. My partner has a Gears of War 4 elite controller and sadly the joystick thumb grips have torn off. She has had the...
  5. How to play gears of war 2 split screen on the series x with a guest a count

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to play gears of war 2 split screen on the series x with a guest a count: Need help *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other* 901b21f1-de94-4d56-8daf-25ae7bea2891
  6. Gears of war 2 and 3 are broken

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of war 2 and 3 are broken: I can’t log onto either games I paid money for due to profile specific crash glitches that happen on backwards compatibility. The only fixes to it aren’t possible on the series x and s to my...
  7. Metal Gear Rising Revengeance won't open (0x803f8001)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Metal Gear Rising Revengeance won't open (0x803f8001): So yesterday at night I bought this game in the microsoft store, once it was downloaded I try to open it and it shows the error that is in tittle, I try everything that xbox told me to do:...
  8. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes won't start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes won't start: i recently reinstalled the game which I got when it was free with games for gold because I played the phantom pain and decided I wanted to replay this, however when I try to start the game it says...
  9. Metal Gear Solid 5 won't install.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Metal Gear Solid 5 won't install.: I am currently trying to reinstall Metal Gear Solid 5 and ham having very little luck. I have tried various techniques that claim to work, but the game stops installing after 7% and will not go...
  10. Right trigger won't work in metal gear solid 5 only..

in XBoX on Consoles
    Right trigger won't work in metal gear solid 5 only..: I'm having this type of issue in metal gear solid ground zero, the game works fine just the right trigger won't work period in game, in the main menu it works and all other games fine.. but once...