Garbled DTS Audio via Optical

Discus and support Garbled DTS Audio via Optical in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, My XBOX One seems to have an issue with "Garbled" sound via the Optical cable with DTS 5.1. It is a day one edition and has had this issue from... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MadZoonyTunes, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Garbled DTS Audio via Optical

Hi,

My XBOX One seems to have an issue with "Garbled" sound via the Optical cable with DTS 5.1. It is a day one edition and has had this issue from the day I got it. I was hoping that the Feb 14th update would address this issue, but it appears it has not.

The problem is also intermittent as it doesn't seem to do it all the time although it seems more often than not. You can't notice it in the dashboard, but when you play a Bluray, Youtube video or a game (I notice it a lot in Forza) the audio comes out,
    but it sounds a bit garbled... almost like they are talking underwater.

My setup is as follows:

- Sony STR-DS333ES Receiver (its over 10 years old, but was kick *** in its day $1600 receiver and has never had a problem)

- XBOX ONE Day One Edition - Optical Cable connected to receiver, HDMI connected directly to the TV.

The XBOX ONE is configured to output STEREO via HDMI to the TV, and DTS 5.1 via the Optical. My receiver detects the DTS signal fine and plays the sound, but its just has a garbled sound to it most of the time, but only slightly. I know what your thinking...
    mute your TV as they are out of sync... nope that is not my problem. I have done that so no audio comes out of the TV and it does not resolve the problem.

To troubleshoot the issues I have tried the following:

- Replaced my optical cable with another one. Problem still continues.

- Tested the optical port of my receiver with other hardware. No issue with my receiver.

- Configured the XBOX one to output STEREO via Optical. This appears to resolve the problem, but now I am only getting stereo sound and losing a lot of the audio capabilities.

I suspect its a bug in the DTS audio drivers or an incompatibility with certain receivers as I have only seen a few posts on here that sound like it may be a similar issue. I am planning on getting a new receiver soon (Yamaha Advantax 1030 or similar...waiting
    for HDMI 2.0 receiver) to replace my ageing gear sometime this year so it will likely fix itself then, but one would expect it should still work out of the box....espically for a $500 console.

Does anyone else have this problem? Really hoping the Dolby Digital 5.1 release is soon and will address my problem.

:)

MadZoonyTunes, Feb 19, 2014
  2. Anyone else kinda nnoyed at the silence of MS since launch?

[quote user="PeterNinja2000"]

5.1 and 7.1 only via hdmi

Dts and stereo via optical

[/quote]

optical audio is old tech. Are you sad its not compatiable with RCA cables?

Upinya Slayin, Feb 19, 2014
  3. Urbanbuff
    Urbanbuff Guest
    Dolby

Hi

I have connected by X1 to a Sony home theatre BDV370 via optical audio and via HDMI to Sony TV.

Still the sound comes across as LPCM rather than Dolby DTS on the display(bluray/music,games)Settings is set out to bitstream out 5.1 uncompressed and Dolby DTS for optical.

Please advise.

Thank you

Urbanbuff, Feb 19, 2014
  4. Upinya Slayin Win User

Anyone else kinda nnoyed at the silence of MS since launch?

[quote user="PeterNinja2000"]

5.1 and 7.1 only via hdmi

Dts and stereo via optical

[/quote]

optical audio is old tech. Are you sad its not compatiable with RCA cables?
  5. Jaymo1978 Win User

Turtlebeach X42s

Hi Dante! Are you connected to the console via Optical cable? If so, have you tried switching your Optical Audio mode to Dolby Digital instead of DTS? I know for some reason my Tritton's are not receiving the DTS signal properly, but as soon as I switch
    it to DD, it works perfectly.

Let me know!
  6. FeiTFP Win User

Xbox One Surround Sound Not Working over HDMI

Similar issue here, but i can hear a crankling sound (especially with the dashboard sounds) instead of no audio.

It happens with bitstream dts and dd (stereo is ok) and it happens both with digital optical and hdmi.

I also tried my amplifier with another dts system via optical and it works good. Tried different cables too.

Please, help!
  7. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox Series X will not output DTS Digital Surround from DVD's

Hawaii 5-0 season one accidentally used it.

But no one uses it because Dolby digital is more efficient for lossy audio, and vanilla DTS is already in Master audio. If you plug in via optical and have the player set correctly you'll get vanilla DTS.

you should disable the atmos app, because that's doing the transcoding
  8. Whagi Win User

Need to Hook X Box One Up to Speakers

Run a separate Optical cable from the Xbox One to your Home Cinema Amps optical input and select DTS audio from the Xbox Ones setting for audio. You do have a home Cinema amp and surround sound speakers that supports DTS I take it?
Thema:

Garbled DTS Audio via Optical

1. Garbled DTS Audio via Optical - Similar Threads - Garbled DTS Audio

2. Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!: My console downloaded the April update last night and now no matter what I do I can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X. A little annoying since A: it sounds better than windows sonic and B: I paid $20...
  3. I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and...

in XBoX on Windows
    I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and...: I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and refuse to give me the item I clearly own and can be seen in my orders as PURCHASED! ALL THEY DO IS SEND...
  4. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows issues with DTS/Atmos/Sonic spatial audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows issues with DTS/Atmos/Sonic spatial audio: Hey I'm syncing my Razer Kaira Pro to the Xbox Adapter but when I enable spatial sound like DTS/Atmos/Sonic it stutters when I'm playing video games? I've tried my old Turtlebeach Stealth 600 Gen...
  5. DTS Sound Unbound repeating uodate

in XBoX on Windows
    DTS Sound Unbound repeating uodate: I’m trying to setup DTS Sound Unbound for my new Arctic 9X headset since it says it’s equipped with the DTS technology, however when I’m trying to launch the app on my Xbox it keeps repeating the...
  6. Video recorded with Game Bar, the audio becomes very choppy and garbled.

in XBoX on Windows
    Video recorded with Game Bar, the audio becomes very choppy and garbled.: When recording video with Game Bar, the audio becomes very choppy and garbled. 28dd10db-d971-4525-92f1-2d66850fbf8f
  7. Sound Delay Bug XSX 5.1 Dolby/DTS

in XboX Insiders
    Sound Delay Bug XSX 5.1 Dolby/DTS: Xbox Series X connected through an optical HDMI cable to Philips Oled 808 TV. TV connected through optical cable to a 5.1 surround system (logitech z906) Everytime is start my console i have a...
  8. DTS sound unbound

in XBoX on Windows
    DTS sound unbound: If I pay $19.99 for this audio is it a monthly subscription type thing or a one and done deal? 05c49531-35a4-406a-9e4e-52fab2c2d1af
  9. My Xbox one X doesn't recognize my DTS/Atmos license. I have both. I don't want to believe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one X doesn't recognize my DTS/Atmos license. I have both. I don't want to believe...: My Xbox one X doesn't recognize my DTS/Atmos license. I have both. I don't want to believe I have to purchase them again. 9e725e6a-03a2-45cc-b77d-0b4f98b36d3c
  10. Dolby Atmos and DTS issues Xbox 1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos and DTS issues Xbox 1: I was playing Call of Duty MW2 this evening (May 3, 2023) and everything worked fine. Then it stopped. I uninstalled the apps, reinstalled them, restarted my xbox a few times, but the key issue...