Gaming services won't install. Can't play Gamepass games

Discus and support Gaming services won't install. Can't play Gamepass games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Getting an error within the gamepass app on PC "Gaming services failed with error code 0x8007007e. Tried powershell commands, deleting Gaming Services... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tyler_825, Jul 4, 2023.

1. Tyler_825
    Tyler_825 Guest

Getting an error within the gamepass app on PC "Gaming services failed with error code 0x8007007e.

Tried powershell commands, deleting Gaming Services from registry, creating another account on Windows and logging in there. I have deleted all my gamepass games. Nothing seems to work.

In services I have two Gaming Services showing. One is showing Automatic and is Running whilst the other one says Automatic (Trigger Start). When I try to restart the Automatic (Trigger Start) one I get "Error code 5: Access is denied"

:)

Tyler_825, Jul 4, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

test these solutions

Reset Gaming Services: Open the Start menu, search for "Apps & Features," and click on it. Scroll down and locate "Gaming Services" in the list. Click on it and select "Advanced options." In the new window, click on "Reset" to reset the app.

Reinstall Gaming Services: Open PowerShell as an administrator by right-clicking on the Start menu and selecting "Windows PowerShell (Admin)." Copy and paste the following command and press Enter:

mathematica

Copy code

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.GamingServices | Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers

Once the command completes, restart your computer. Then open the Microsoft Store, search for "Gaming Services," and reinstall the app.

Update Windows: Make sure your Windows operating system is up to date. Open the Start menu, search for "Windows Update," and click on it. Click on "Check for updates" and let Windows download and install any available updates.

Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter: Open the Start menu, search for "Troubleshoot," and click on it. In the new window, click on "Additional troubleshooters." Scroll down and locate "Windows Store Apps" in the list. Click on it and select "Run the troubleshooter." Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Temporarily disable antivirus: Sometimes, antivirus software can interfere with app installations. Temporarily disable your antivirus software and then try installing the gaming services again. Remember to enable it once the installation is complete.
  3. andersonpassos Win User

try to create another windows profile and check if the problem comes from admin permissions.
  4. Tyler_825 Win User

Hi Anderson. I tried all the steps above and I am still having the same issues with not bein able to install Gamingservices.
  5. Tyler_825 Win User

Hi Anderson. I followed the steps you've outlined but I am still getting error code:0x8007007e in the Gamepass app.
  6. andersonpassos Win User

Disable Windows Defender Firewall: Open the Start menu, search for "Windows Security," and click on it. Select "Firewall & network protection." In the new window, click on "Private network" and "Public network" to disable the firewall for both. Then try reinstalling Gaming Services.

Clean boot: Perform a clean boot to start Windows with minimal startup programs and services. This helps identify if any third-party software is conflicting with the installation process. Follow the steps in this Microsoft support article to perform a clean boot: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how...

System File Checker (SFC) scan: Open PowerShell as an administrator and run the following command:

sfc /scannow

The System File Checker will scan for and repair any corrupted system files that may be causing the issue. After the scan is complete, restart your computer and try reinstalling Gaming Services.
Thema:

1. Gaming services won't install. Can't play Gamepass games - Similar Threads - Gaming services won't

2. Why won't my Xbox allow me to access any of my games, and why does it say I have a service...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my Xbox allow me to access any of my games, and why does it say I have a service...: I've been having this issue going on for the past week (since Oct. 17). My boyfriend and I share games through the Home Xbox function, though I do have a few games I've bought for myself...
  3. Gaming services won't install in microsoft store . What should i do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming services won't install in microsoft store . What should i do?: I am on windows 11 and i have been trying to install xbox Gaming services in the microsoft store app and on the xbox app so i could download minecraft but it keeps giving me Error Code:...
  4. How to fix Gaming services won't start at all?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix Gaming services won't start at all?: The Gaming services got installed but won't start, as shows in event viewer: The Gaming Services service terminated with the following error: The specified service does not exist as an installed...
  5. Xbox Gaming Services Won't Install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Gaming Services Won't Install: I'm on PC and I bought a few games on the Xbox app, and I can't install Gaming Services with code 0x80073cf6, and I'm on Windows 11. Also, when I go to launch the games, it just has a sad face...
  6. Gaming Services won't install

in XBoX on Windows
    Gaming Services won't install: I have just bought a new laptop and was trying to install minecraft. It seemed to be stuck on 'installing dependencies'. After doing some investigating, I came to the conclusion that Xbox gaming...
  7. Xbox app won't launch after installed gaming services on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app won't launch after installed gaming services on Windows 10: My Xbox app Xbox app won't launch after I've installed gaming services. I've tried to follow some video on YouTube but it still doesn't work. " Step 1) Logout & Login on Microsoft store, make sure...
  8. Xbox App not detecting Gaming Services, and once it finally does detect it, games won't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App not detecting Gaming Services, and once it finally does detect it, games won't...: For the past 3 months I have been battling with my xbox app and gaming services, when I open the xbox app, it tells me I require gaming services to be downloaded to play and install games, and...
  9. Gaming Services Won't Start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services Won't Start: I've been trying to open the minecraft launcher, and recently a pop-up appears: GAME SERVICES IS NOT RUNNING Please try to start the service manually in Services Manager. If you cannot start the...
  10. Xbox game App won't lanuch (problem with game services)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game App won't lanuch (problem with game services): Hi, I have problem with xbox app. One day I wanted to download a game from gamepass and xbox app didn't launch. For about 2 weeks it still does not open up :c. I tried every tips from this site....