Gaming services unable to be installed or opened.

Discus and support Gaming services unable to be installed or opened. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So i was following the instructions on a post i saw on here and i believe i may have messed up in one of the steps because when i got to the part where... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Joseph Fernandez3, May 18, 2023.

1. Gaming services unable to be installed or opened.

So i was following the instructions on a post i saw on here and i believe i may have messed up in one of the steps because when i got to the part where im supposed to open gaming services the install button is not present and there is just a blank image on the page.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...services/31596138-5437-42c4-b2d1-bc5e6c6d58d8

this is the post that i was following.

After running this command

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

I got a long list of errors that certain things were already installed so i ignored them and ran this

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

but the store page it brought me to had not install/open/update button or anything.

:)

Joseph Fernandez3, May 18, 2023
  2. Haha Im Starr Win User

Hello, I have the same issues as Joseph and I have been following a discussion on how to fix gaming services as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...services/31596138-5437-42c4-b2d1-bc5e6c6d58d8 this is the link. The solution I was following was the first reply from Lucas.

I believe in the 8th step, in deleting all the temp files, there seems to be one .sys file that cannot be deleted because another application is using it. (shown here).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have tried to close as much applications that I could like Discord, Chrome, all game launchers, iTunes, and even software like iCue and Logitech G Hub. I know for sure I have not closed MSI Dragon Center because I do not like to force quit that, other than that it still is in use and I cannot delete it, which I believe is the source of the problem here
  3. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Joseph, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you ready to assist with this

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this unexpected situation with Gaming services.
    May I know if you're not able to see a notification in the bottom when you open the Xbox app in your PC?

If maybe that's not possible, may I know if you're able to download apps or games directly from the Microsoft store?
  4. Joseph Fernandez3 Win User

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these are the two problems i see
  5. Dericka Win User

unable to open xbox app since installing gaming services

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Can you please try to do the steps on this link?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

Then please restart your PC and try it again. Thanks!
  6. AparnaGa Win User

Games not signing into Xbox live - AOE 2 DE and Flight Simulator

It is either a windows error or Gaming services app error. This originated when I was unable to start my game and was redirected to install gaming services.
Thema:

1. Gaming services unable to be installed or opened. - Similar Threads - Gaming services unable

2. XBOX GAMES SERVICES MISSING

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX GAMES SERVICES MISSING: Hello, I am having a problem about missing several services that would help me connect to xbox live service and I would like to know where I could download them. For reason unknow, I cannot post...
  3. Why does my game have internet connection but says that the Xbox live core services is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my game have internet connection but says that the Xbox live core services is...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** c44a4a17-ad3e-499f-9b92-315fa79d69e5
  4. pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services

in XBoX on Windows
    pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services: this has been a problem on my laptop for a very long time now. I have tried to fix the xbox app stuck launching bug by removing gaming services and reinstalling it through powershell as some...
  5. Updated to windows 11 and am unable to update Gaming Services with error 0x80073cf9

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Updated to windows 11 and am unable to update Gaming Services with error 0x80073cf9: Recently upgraded to windows 11 and now most of my Game Pass games are gone and I am unable to play or reinstall them. I am getting error code 0x80073cf9. I have tried resetting the window store...
  6. Unable to install gaming services for Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install gaming services for Xbox: My Xbox app on pc cannot function because there is an error with the gaming services app. In the Xbox app it registers as an 0x8007007e error. I have attempted to install from the prompts within...
  7. Unable to install any games due to gaming services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install any games due to gaming services: I purchased game pass on 09/06/23 to play Starfield. It stated that I needed to download gaming services. I did that and restarted. It continually says that Gaming services has to be downloaded. I...
  8. I am unable to download gaming services and due to that I can not download gaming services...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to download gaming services and due to that I can not download gaming services...: I've restarted and updated my computer and still no gaming services. I just get the "something happened on our end" error message. e9f63f7a-8781-439d-b975-3dba9a8a7320
  9. Unable to install gaming services on my new laptop with windows 11!!!!!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install gaming services on my new laptop with windows 11!!!!!!!: Hi, I am unable to install the Gaming Services app from the Microsoft Store for XBox. I am running a brand new out of the box gaming laptop on Windows 11 Pro , Version 22H2 , Installed on...
  10. Unable to install gaming services on Windows 11 - Error code 0x80070490

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install gaming services on Windows 11 - Error code 0x80070490: I'm unable to install Gaming Services on Windows 11 on my new Laptop. I have tried many of the suggestions on here but have not had any success with any. The error code I receive in the Microsoft...