Gaming services error code 0x87e00196 fix out there?

Discus and support Gaming services error code 0x87e00196 fix out there? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried countless times of Terminating and resetting, Using powershell, restarting services, changed region and time with the no. Of times of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by paul nienu, Apr 15, 2023.

1. paul nienu
    paul nienu Guest

I have tried countless times of Terminating and resetting, Using powershell, restarting services, changed region and time with the no. Of times of reboot, I've lost count. Is there any possible fix out there that I haven't seen?

Played Wo Long Fallen Dynasty for days and Suddenly! The Xbox app decides to remove it with the error pop up regarding my Gaming Services and decided the remove the game on its own as there is No File of the game at all. Like what??

And I'm not even able to download most of the Games because of the Gaming services error.

Battlefield 2042 and Outriders works fine but the rest ... No.

:)

paul nienu, Apr 15, 2023
  2. Luke Taylor3 Win User

I am having the same issue, nothing will work. These "advisors" at microsoft that keep telling us to make sure windows is up to date is very demeaning. I just tried to open and play Forza like I do any other day and it wouldnt even open. Then it uninstalled the game, and another game i had just previously bought. Now I cant get gaming services to uninstall to then reinstall so i can then reinstall my games. Just ramdomly happened out of nowhere. I do not have Game Pass, but glad I dont. Would prefer this company have the least amount of my money as possible.
  3. Luke Taylor3 Win User

I just tried your second method and there is no "game services" in my services.msc what should i do now?
  4. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi, Paul! I'm Kim, an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Sorry about that. Kindly check if you have any pending updates using this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo... or select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update , and then select Check for updates.

If there's nothing pending, kindly right-click the Start button on your taskbar, and then select Windows Terminal (Admin). In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage

If that did not work, press WIN+R (Windows logo key + R) , Enter "services.msc", find "Game Services", stop the service and then start it back again.
  5. Kimmy_24 Win User

6. paul nienu Win User

You just repeated the steps I HAD already done. None of the steps I did seem to Work at all.
Thema:

1. Gaming services error code 0x87e00196 fix out there? - Similar Threads - Gaming services error

2. I get the error 0x80070490 and 0x80073CF9 and I also can't install the gaming services. I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I get the error 0x80070490 and 0x80073CF9 and I also can't install the gaming services. I...: Since I have bought the new laptop when I launch the xbox app it says the error code mentioned above and asks for updates and even after contacting the customer care and folllowing all the steos...
  3. Error with gaming services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error with gaming services: Getting hit with error code 0x87e00196 Have tried every suggestion online. Have repaired reset and reinstalled everything related to xbox app and gaming services and nothing is working...
  4. Updated to windows 11 and am unable to update Gaming Services with error 0x80073cf9

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Updated to windows 11 and am unable to update Gaming Services with error 0x80073cf9: Recently upgraded to windows 11 and now most of my Game Pass games are gone and I am unable to play or reinstall them. I am getting error code 0x80073cf9. I have tried resetting the window store...
  5. Gaming Services failed with error code 0x8007007e. Gaming Services will not install.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services failed with error code 0x8007007e. Gaming Services will not install.: I have tried for about 16 hours to play Forza Motorsport now. It just sticks on the loading screen and never starts. I have narrowed it down to the fact that Gaming Services from Microsoft will...
  6. Gaming services failed with error code 0x80080005

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gaming services failed with error code 0x80080005: I have tried reinstalling the xbox app did not work, Reinstalling the gaming services app and that's about it. 9afc3894-efd1-430b-a53f-4e289e862895
  7. Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005: Hi I get the "Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005" error message in the xbox app and then I can't reinstall Microsoft Flight Simulator. I have tried reinstalling Gaming Services...
  8. Gaming services failed with error code 0x8007007e

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming services failed with error code 0x8007007e: I’m running Xbox App for PC on Win 10 Pro System, i7-6700k, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060Ti. Every time I want to install a game from game pass for PC the Xbox App installs gaming services new just to...
  9. Error code: 0x80070002 while installing "Gaming Services" in XBox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code: 0x80070002 while installing "Gaming Services" in XBox: Hi, When i was installing Gaming services in my Xbox on PC Windows 11, It was showing error [img] 0x80070002 [img] 7bb8e11f-0e84-4cc8-9138-200a20084b57
  10. How to resolve on PC: "Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005 "

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to resolve on PC: "Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005 ": All of the sudden xbox app on Windows 11 has stopped allowing us to play any games citing the above error code that I cannot seem to find anywhere. I have tried repairing, resetting, and...