Gaming Monitor for Xbox series X/Macbook pro

Discus and support Gaming Monitor for Xbox series X/Macbook pro in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello all I’m In the market for a gaming monitor that’s 4k, at least 120hz(144hz is what I see as closest) and maybe supports HDR10 accurately? I’ve... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MichaelRBBZ, Nov 4, 2023.

1. MichaelRBBZ
    MichaelRBBZ Guest

Hello all I’m In the market for a gaming monitor that’s 4k, at least 120hz(144hz is what I see as closest) and maybe supports HDR10 accurately? I’ve gone thru a bunch of reviews and I've narrowed it down to 3, the gigabyte M28U, the Samsung G70B, and the LG Ultragear 950 Not sure if it’s worth it compared to the other two? With the Gigabyte and the Samsung there are definitely mixed reviews as to which one is better, so any advice/experience with these 3 monitors is welcomed. Really just looking to not waste my money or have to deal with returns to try them all. And is the HDR10 worth it for the Xbox cause from reviews I’ve seen the LG has better performance handling the HDR10 apparently, but idk if it’s worth it? Any recommendations are welcome

:)

MichaelRBBZ, Nov 4, 2023
  2. MichaelRBBZ Win User

Okay thanks I guess you answered my main question, which was if the HDR really matters but I’m not getting an OLED until I get a new tv so just for the monitor looks like I’m going with the Gigabyte seems to have the least issues between the Samsung, and is much cheaper than the LG. Thanks for clarifying the whole HDR thing, I’m sure either one will look better than my 6 year old LG 4K 60hz. Thanks again!
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi

There's not a whole lot of difference between these displays really.

I've got the Gigabyte M32U (which is just a bigger version of the M28U) and I'm quite happy with it as I use for PC gaming and as work display when I work from home. The M28U is an HDMI 2.1 display and fully supports all of the Xbox Series X|S features. It should work fine with a modern M1, M2 or M3 MacBook.

I actually do most of gaming on my 42" LG C2 OLED. Although this cost me over £1000.

You weren't specific about the LG 950 so be aware that there are two of these. The LG 27GN950-B is the older version which only supports HDMI 2.0 and is therefore locked to 60Hz @4K over HDMI. The newer display is the LG 27GP950-B which fully supports 4K @120Hz. It shouldn't have any issues with a MacBook.

I don't know much about the Samsung G7. I can tell you that it fully supports the Xbox Series X and it too shouldn't have any issues with a Macbook.

HDR is not something any of these displays will do particularly well. The reason being is because they are all IPS displays (In-Plane Switching). They generally don't get bright enough for true HDR and they will look dark grey rather than black in dark areas, and even worse when playing in a dark room with the lights off.
  4. Donald van de Weyer Win User

Flight Simulator 2020 on Mac with bootcamp

Reading through the experiences others have, it seems no MacBook Pro is able to run FS2020 due to not meeting GPU requirements, am I right? I have a 2018 MBP with 6-Core i9, 32 GB RAM and Radeon Pro 560X 4GB. I think I'll wait for the Xbox Series X.
  5. JS92 Win User

Does the series x support 1440p 144/155 refresh rate?

The Xbox Series X will do 120Hz but no more, regardless of resolution or monitor.

I would check to see if other Xbox Series X owners have confirmed to achieve 1440p120Hz on those monitors before purchasing.

Maybe a google of "xbox series x 1440p 120hz ___________ " and insert the monitor model to see if people have posted about their monitor and Series X working.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Why can't I contact Microsoft? fault their end apparently

What's your system specs

If a MacBook or a mac pro you have to use a different gpu most mac gpu that they come with dont cut it

Also side note if it's a m1 you cant

It isnt compatible with risc or arm yet risc comes with the new series x compatibility but we'll that's console
Thema:

1. Gaming Monitor for Xbox series X/Macbook pro - Similar Threads - Gaming Monitor series

2. How do I activate 1440p resolution and 120hz refresh rate on my Dell G2724D Gaming Monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I activate 1440p resolution and 120hz refresh rate on my Dell G2724D Gaming Monitor?: I recently bought a Dell G2724D Gaming Monitor - 27-Inch QHD (2560x1440) 165Hz. I have tried to activate 120 hertz and 1440 resolution but have not been able to do so I tried many different HDMI...
  3. My in game chat and discord chat go to my headset but not my monitor.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My in game chat and discord chat go to my headset but not my monitor.: I stream and sometimes I stream with other players. When I plug in my headset the in-game chat and discord chat only come through my headset so the capture card doesn't get their audio. Is it my...
  4. My gaming monitor has built in speakers but there is no audio coming out?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gaming monitor has built in speakers but there is no audio coming out?: I have an XBOX series S and i have connected it to my monitor with an hdmi cable and there is no sound at all. I have an ACER NITRO VG0 so there is no headphone jack at all. I am not sure what to...
  5. All games are with the fps locked at 75 (my refresh rate monitor)

in XBoX on Consoles
    All games are with the fps locked at 75 (my refresh rate monitor): Hi. So, i recently installed Windows 11 (22H3) and all the games fps are locked at 75 (my monitor refresh rate). I already disabled fullscreen optimizations, Game DVR its also disabled, v-sync is...
  6. Help with Gaming Monitor - Looking at Ultrawide

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with Gaming Monitor - Looking at Ultrawide: Hello, I really want an ultra wide monitor but I'm concerned with the sizing issue and possible compatibility issues. Wanted to get some feedback. I also do school and work from home. I would...
  7. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  8. I just bought a 800 gaming monitor and I play some games and it has a bad completing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a 800 gaming monitor and I play some games and it has a bad completing...: Just bought an expensive monitor and it comes in blocky or really white on borders in games and every where 6dff9710-e247-4fef-927c-c2bfad9fea50
  9. Can my MSI optix mag27cq curved gaming monitor run 1440p and 120 fps on my Xbox series X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my MSI optix mag27cq curved gaming monitor run 1440p and 120 fps on my Xbox series X.: Can my MSI optix mag27cq curved gaming monitor run 1440p and 120 fps on my Xbox series X. It is 120 fps compatible but only on 1080p, and 1440 compatible but only on 60 fps....
  10. Best video settings to use with new gaming monitor on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best video settings to use with new gaming monitor on Series X: Hi I am using a Xbox Series X and just got a HyperX Armada 27 ([link](https://hyperx.com/products/hyperx-armada-27-gaming-monitor?variant=42751899435165)) - don't worry, only paid $180 for it haha...