Gaming/adding money/ child account

Discus and support Gaming/adding money/ child account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son has the xbox one s and i am the one who created a email so he has been playing fortnight regularly... well today i found out that you can create... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TraYs•MoM, Dec 29, 2020.

1. TraYs•MoM
    TraYs•MoM Guest

My son has the xbox one s and i am the one who created a email so he has been playing fortnight regularly... well today i found out that you can create a child account and add money to it as well... i created my son his own account... my question is with
    the account that i created for him will he be able to still do everything that he has been doing or will he have to start over he is a gamer and doesnt want to lose out on the levels he has done? Someone help ive been searching all day

:)

TraYs•MoM, Dec 29, 2020
  2. ConnorMc00 Win User

adding money to a child account

I believe it doesn’t matter, should go on in the region you are in. I would try a small amount first though just to be sure.
  3. XBF Jeremy Z Win User

Adding money to child account

Hiya David,

Thank you for contacting Forum support.

Sorry to hear there is an issue with the region.

Unfortunately, since the currency was already purchased it cannot be converted from one currency to another. There will be two separate balances on the account if you switch to your original region.

Basically when you purchase new currency it will apply to the correct region, but you will still have the other region balance as well (this will not add to your current balance, but it will show a septate balance).

Make sure the region on the console is set to the correct one. check out this link:

How to update your Microsoft account if you’re moving to a new country or region

Also, try to set it on
    Xbox.com
    as well to the correct region.

Click on your profile

Select Xbox Settings

Select "Change 360 account region"

then click on your region then once set
    Power Cycle
    your console.

Hope this helps.
  4. PalmettoBling Win User

Adding money to a child account

I would log into
    account.microsoft.com
    on your account and verify that your payment methods are up to date and valid under Payments & Billing > Payment Methods.. From there, check your child's account in the family tab and make sure their settings are set up to allow it.
    You should also be able to try to add money to the accounts from there, and might give you more information on any error than the console, if it still comes up.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Jennifer,

Sorry again for the issue with adding funds. I was able to find out it is a known issue and they are looking into it. As an ETA there isn't one. I will try to update as soon as I hear anything new.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Jennifer,

Sorry for the issue with adding money to the account. You can try and purchase a gift card and then have your child redeem it on their account. Also when trying to make a purchase for currency try it from your child account. Usually what will happen is the
    parent account will get a text/email to approve the transaction. Here is a link that might help.

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/security/grant-exception-child-content-limits

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Gaming/adding money/ child account - Similar Threads - Gaming adding money

2. An option to disable mandatory updates on games should be added

in XboX Insiders
    An option to disable mandatory updates on games should be added: Please, try to add an option to skip updates from games. I would love to be able to insert my disc and play, with the console online, without it pushing me to update in order for me to launch the...
  3. What the hell is going on with the Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games and the ads!?

in XBoX on Windows
    What the hell is going on with the Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games and the ads!?: I am able to sit through your 30 second unskipable ads, I can wait, let the ad finish, and then click off of it and get to playing whatever game I want. But what in the absolute hell is going on...
  4. Ads in Game Pass Games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ads in Game Pass Games?: Solitaire on the PC is part of Game Pass (which I pay for every month) and today when i'm trying to play the game, i'm getting ads. I've been playing for hours without them and now i'm getting...
  5. Assassin's creed Valhalla just added to a game pass. But when I try to Install a game on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assassin's creed Valhalla just added to a game pass. But when I try to Install a game on...: Assassin's creed Valhalla just added to a game pass. But when I try to Install a game on a Xbox one x it does not show install option. it's show buy ubisoft+ subscription....
  6. I was gifted a game bundle but, upon redemption, one wasn't added to my account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was gifted a game bundle but, upon redemption, one wasn't added to my account.: My girlfriend gifted me the Two Point bundle that was on sale until this morning, which includes both Two Point Campus and Two Point Hospital. I redeemed the code, adding them to my account, but...
  7. I made a purchase for a Ad on for a game TWICE. Still isnt working. What should I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I made a purchase for a Ad on for a game TWICE. Still isnt working. What should I do?: I made a purchase for a Ad on for a game TWICE. Still isnt working. What should I do??? fc831fdf-f59b-4856-9ad2-c83e328d6300
  8. TOOOOOOO many inappropriate ADS before and during GAMES !!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    TOOOOOOO many inappropriate ADS before and during GAMES !!!: Why do I get inundated with inappropriate ads whenever I open Microsoft Solitaire. trying to say NO is nearly impossible !!!!Most of the time this carries on throughout the time I am playing the...
  9. Falloiut 3: Can I play ad-on from a disc if I buy the game digital?

in XboX Insiders
    Falloiut 3: Can I play ad-on from a disc if I buy the game digital?: I bought the Fallout 3 add-on pack Broken Steel and Point Lookout. Its been a a hundred years since I have been gaming so I didnt think about the fact that of course I needed the original Fallout...
  10. XBOX Series S - Game Pass download adding random games and addons to the download Queue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Series S - Game Pass download adding random games and addons to the download Queue: Hi, I went to download a game on Game Pass and then the xbox started to add random addons for games I do not own to the queue, when I clear the queue it adds them straight back and other games....