Games won't start on Xbox 360

Discus and support Games won't start on Xbox 360 in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi All, After not using my 360 for many years I connected it again. A software update was installed. When I put in a game it wont start nor show. It... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Danny1972, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Danny1972
    Danny1972 Guest

Hi All,

After not using my 360 for many years I connected it again. A software update was installed.

When I put in a game it wont start nor show.

It only shows "open tray " in the home menu where I normally would be able to start the game.

Auto start is active.

When I put in a movie dvd it starts ok.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Danny

:)

Danny1972, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Danny1972 Win User

Thaks. Will do.

Untill now this works all the time

https://youtu.be/5lezKKUp2Uc
  3. Danny1972 Win User

Thanks for the quick reply

The 360 has hardly been ised although its old . The games have no scratches and are clean. Just found out that some other games do start up or do so after a few tries. Maybe the lazer lense has to be cleaned or dust inside tje console ?
  4. JUST DO IT415 Win User

It sounds like your 360's disc tray is still working with your DVD test. Does your game disc have a lot of scratches? Were you able to test out a different game disc? I'm wondering if it's the game disc or the 360 causing the issue.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Danny,

I think the software update you had to install may have gotten slightly corrupted or did not install properly since the timing of the update and the issue are close. I recommend doing some basic troubleshooting like clearing the system cache and re-installing
    that software update.

To reinstall the latest Xbox 360 update, follow these steps:

1. Clear the system cache.
    2. Roll back and then reinstall system updates. To do this:
      1. Press the Guide button on your controller.
      2. Go to settings and select System.
      3. Select Storage.
      4. Enter the following button sequence: X, LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X.
      5. Select the option to roll back all system updates that are installed. The console will restart automatically and then download the updates again.
    Let us know if this helps!
  6. Xemness Win User

Uh-oh, have struggled with these problem for days and weeks before! I think your Xbox 360 disc reader is dusty, dirty or even damaged. Might want to give it to a Game Console professional to have a look at it.
Thema:

1. Games won't start on Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Games won't start

2. Game won't start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won't start: I have just bought a game for my son so "owned" but when he tries to play it it just give the option to buy games pass. We bought the game so surely I don't need games pass. Please help...
  3. game won't start?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game won't start?: I wanted to know how to start my game it keeps freezing after I sign in and try to start a game. What should I do? 6a45159a-1ff5-4b78-906f-7c477d2d3a7f
  4. Starfield crashed and now it won't start nor will it let me repair the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield crashed and now it won't start nor will it let me repair the game: My starfield crashed once at the start before you go into the tunnel that the machine is making an entrance Then after restarting and getting back there my game crashed during the cutscene where...
  5. How to fix Gaming services won't start at all?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix Gaming services won't start at all?: The Gaming services got installed but won't start, as shows in event viewer: The Gaming Services service terminated with the following error: The specified service does not exist as an installed...
  6. game won't launch from disc, instead it starts installing a duplicate.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game won't launch from disc, instead it starts installing a duplicate.: I installed far cry 5 from the Microsoft store, but when I insert the disc and try to play it it won't launch, instead it will start installing a duplicate of the game and always gets stuck at...
  7. my xbox 360 won't start downloading games, so what to do ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox 360 won't start downloading games, so what to do ?: Hi. So I've been trying to download games on my xbox 360 but it just responds with the error 80150017. the errors differ from each game I try to download, for example: far cry 2 I get that error...
  8. Games and store won't start, still my game pass ultimate and network is active

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games and store won't start, still my game pass ultimate and network is active: My xbox is connected to the internet. Games won't start saying "there is no connection". Store main page opens but if I click on something it says: CV: WqvljTjjJ0oMiJAM/s6sQL.539...
  9. How should I fix only one game that won't even try to start to download if it is digital

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How should I fix only one game that won't even try to start to download if it is digital: Im trying to download the assassins creed ezio collection, but it wont download so i tried another game assassins creed 1 and it worked, both games digital by the way so im not sure what issue is...
  10. Gaming Services Won't Start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services Won't Start: I've been trying to open the minecraft launcher, and recently a pop-up appears: GAME SERVICES IS NOT RUNNING Please try to start the service manually in Services Manager. If you cannot start the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox 360 will not start

2. xbox 360 game wont start