Games won't launch

Discus and support Games won't launch in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This has only happened to me 3 times but I think it's worth mentioning. I have tried to launch Dead Rising 3 the Titanfall Beta and Killer Instinct... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Diamondcutr, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Diamondcutr
    Diamondcutr Guest

Games won't launch

This has only happened to me 3 times but I think it's worth mentioning. I have tried to launch Dead Rising 3 the Titanfall Beta and Killer Instinct but all it did was go full screen for about 3 seconds showing the games name (as seen in the tile) and
    then takes me back to the Home screen after going black screen for about 1 second. I got the games to launch after clicking on them multiple times and after being sent back to the home. This is frustrating and it would be great if this issue could be fixed
    in an update. If anyone else is having this problem please tell me in a reply so I know I'm not alone in this. I would like to know if my console is faulty or if it's just a glitch/bug.

:)

Diamondcutr, Feb 27, 2014
  2. RomkaZzz
    RomkaZzz Guest
    Game won't launch

May be you game file while downloading too long time was corrupted. Any way try first power cycle, then redownload a game.

RomkaZzz, Feb 27, 2014
  3. Julian_
    Julian_ Guest
    Game won't launch

Hi! This sounds like an issue that might be fixed by performing a power cycle/hard reset. Games won't launch :) Please follow these instructions to make sure you are performing it properly:

Restart or Power Cycle Xbox One Console (you will notice if the console restarts itself automatically and needs a little longer to boot up)

If above doesn't work, it's also worth a try to remove your profile from the console and download it again afterwards. That way the console is forced to check for your game licenses again.

Julian_, Feb 27, 2014
  4. LosoBoat Win User

Games won't launch

I'm just thrown back to the home screen with no error messages
  5. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User

Games won't launch

6. Galaxy Golden Win User

game won't launch

Have you tried performing a power cycle on the console to see if that helps you out?
  7. Onyx Is Here Win User

game won't launch

Please try going to Settings>Disc & Blu Ray and make sure that Enable BD Live is not checked. The click on Persistent Storage and clear it. Finally power cycle the console by holding the power button on it for 10 seconds till it shuts down. If this
    does not work then the console may need to be repaired.

If the console is no longer reading discs then it may need to be sent in for a repair. You can set up a repair of the console via this link
    https://devicesupport.microsoft.com

In the meantime you could try holding the disc for a second after the console grabs it. This could force the console to read the disc. Please note though that this is not a recommended workaround as it may scratch your disc and doesn't solve the existing
    issue.
  8. XBF Leo G Win User

game won't launch

Hello SowingBadger374,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. A backwards compatible game
    is an Xbox 360 game that you are able to play on the Xbox One. The website we provided contains a list of all of those games. Did the troubleshooting steps that the moderator and ambassadors recommended help resolve the issue? Be sure to let us know the
    results!
Thema:

Games won't launch

1. Games won't launch - Similar Threads - Games won't launch

2. Master Chief Collection Won't Run on PC. Stuck at 'Launch Game When Ready'

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Master Chief Collection Won't Run on PC. Stuck at 'Launch Game When Ready': I've been stuck with this screen and haven't been able to find a solution. I've tried pretty much everything at this point. - Reset/repair/reinstall gamer service, Xbox App and Windows Store...
  3. my game was install won't launch after windows update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my game was install won't launch after windows update: hello, I have problem with my game that I have install from steam after launch windows update. Before windows update, i play that game like normal. then after windows update, it can't launch. I...
  4. Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch: I cannot get any game to launch and the only app that will start is Netflix. Most tiles just "ding" when you touch them, but the Store says "there is a problem" and Xbox Report a Problem says...
  5. Pc Xbox App and Microsoft Store won't launch games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pc Xbox App and Microsoft Store won't launch games: I have tried everything from repairing to resetting the apps, to uninstalling and reinstalling the apps and games and still the games won't launch, specifically Microsoft owned games, like Fallout...
  6. Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch: I cannot get any game to launch and the only app that will start is Netflix. Most tiles just "ding" when you touch them, but the Store says "there is a problem" and Xbox Report a Problem says...
  7. Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch

in XboX Insiders
  8. My XBox is connected to Internet but won't launch games or apps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBox is connected to Internet but won't launch games or apps.: I have tried everything short of repurchasing game pass as it won't even let me do that. About 9pm on October 11 2023, our internet needed to be restarted. We restart the internet to find out...
  9. I don't understand why my game won't launch, can someone help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don't understand why my game won't launch, can someone help?: My game, Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary Edition, is refusing to launch. When I try to launch the game, it pulls up an error notice saying, "Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary...
  10. Streets of rage 4 Xbox game pass won't launch on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Streets of rage 4 Xbox game pass won't launch on Windows 11: Already tried: 1- Resetting and repairing gaming services, Xbox app, Store app. 2- Clearing Xbox's app cache 3- Reinstalling gaming services 4- Deleting gaming services and gaming services net...