Games won't launch from Xbox App or Start Menu

Discus and support Games won't launch from Xbox App or Start Menu in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When I click "Play" in the Xbox App nothing happens. If I try to launch two different games from the Start Menu it just opens this store page: [img]... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by strang221, Jul 22, 2019.

1. strang221
    strang221 Guest

When I click "Play" in the Xbox App nothing happens. If I try to launch two different games from the Start Menu it just opens this store page:

Games won't launch from Xbox App or Start Menu [​IMG]

I've tried all the steps in the FAQ:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-app-faq/1efde579-21ff-4247-ba4c-07444a04b36b

Very frustrating, and this is beyond the normal UWP/Windows Store issues like not being able to access game files, RTSS not working, constant in-game crashes etc. Unless these issues are fixed the whole Game Pass PC offering is terrible and I definitely
    won't keep subscribing.

:)

strang221, Jul 22, 2019
  2. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox app/Halo Master Chief Collection

A lot of people are having this issue, it won't launch from the Xbox (Beta) app, but it launches perfectly fine from both the Xbox Console Companion app, and from the Start menu itself. It's an extra step needed to launch the game, but that should help
    you get into the game until they resolve the issue with the app.
  3. strang221 Win User

Hi,
    I recommend that you check that the games are installed correctly on your pc, and the games are played from the games library
    I tried to reinstall Vampyr, and now I get error 0x80070057 when I try to install any games. This app is truly, truly awful.
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

To fix this, you can delete the profile, then add it back again using the steps below:

1. Press Xbox button to open guide
    2. Select System
    3. Select Settings
    4. Select Account
    5. Select Remove Accounts
    6. Select the account you want to remove, then select Remove
    Once you remove the account, download the profile again

1. Press Xbox button to open guide
    2. Choose your gamerpic on the top left corner of the screen
    3. Go down and select Add new
    4. Type the email address and password for your Microsoft account (the one you removed)
  5. RoshanV S Win User

Hi BLACKPANTHERv88,

I'm Roshan V S, Independent advisor and a Windows user like you.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Sorry for the inconvenience to you. You could try some troubleshooting methods listed below as a first step.

1. Clear the Store Cache

You may try these steps to clear the Store cache and check if that helps:

1. Press the “Windows Logo” + “R” keys on the keyboard.

2. Type “wsreset.exe” and press “Enter”.

3. Reboot the computer and then check if you are able to open the Windows Store and all the other apps on the computer.

2. Run the app troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar.

2. Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

3. Select Windows store Apps.

4. Follow the on screen instruction.

Check your Antivirus

Temporarily uninstall / disable AV. Enable after troubleshooting.

3. Re-register All Store apps (You will get many Reds, ignore them. This will reinstall all default Store apps, hence if you have uninstalled any default Store app, that will get reinstalled)

Windows Key+X > Windows Powershell (Admin) > Copy the following from below and right click in Powershell to paste > Enter > Restart your computer

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

4. Reinstall Store

Windows Key+X > Windows Powershell (Admin) > Copy the following from below and right click in Powershell to paste > Enter

Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

5. Run SFC scan

1. On the Start menu, type Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.

2. Type in the following command, and then press Enter.

sfc /scannow

Do get back to us with the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Best Regards

Roshan V S

Indepedent Advisor
  6. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey strang

Since the Game Pass app for PC is currently in Beta state, a lot of the features that are available are not completely functioning as intended.

So reporting these inconsistencies provides the engineers invaluable information that will allow them to address this matter in a most hasty manner.

I'm sorry for any confusion or turmoil this might have incited.
Thema:

1. Games won't launch from Xbox App or Start Menu - Similar Threads - Games won't launch

2. Master Chief Collection Won't Run on PC. Stuck at 'Launch Game When Ready'

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Master Chief Collection Won't Run on PC. Stuck at 'Launch Game When Ready': I've been stuck with this screen and haven't been able to find a solution. I've tried pretty much everything at this point. - Reset/repair/reinstall gamer service, Xbox App and Windows Store...
  3. my game was install won't launch after windows update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my game was install won't launch after windows update: hello, I have problem with my game that I have install from steam after launch windows update. Before windows update, i play that game like normal. then after windows update, it can't launch. I...
  4. Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch: I cannot get any game to launch and the only app that will start is Netflix. Most tiles just "ding" when you touch them, but the Store says "there is a problem" and Xbox Report a Problem says...
  5. Pc Xbox App and Microsoft Store won't launch games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pc Xbox App and Microsoft Store won't launch games: I have tried everything from repairing to resetting the apps, to uninstalling and reinstalling the apps and games and still the games won't launch, specifically Microsoft owned games, like Fallout...
  6. Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch: I cannot get any game to launch and the only app that will start is Netflix. Most tiles just "ding" when you touch them, but the Store says "there is a problem" and Xbox Report a Problem says...
  7. Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch

in XboX Insiders
  8. My XBox is connected to Internet but won't launch games or apps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBox is connected to Internet but won't launch games or apps.: I have tried everything short of repurchasing game pass as it won't even let me do that. About 9pm on October 11 2023, our internet needed to be restarted. We restart the internet to find out...
  9. I don't understand why my game won't launch, can someone help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don't understand why my game won't launch, can someone help?: My game, Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary Edition, is refusing to launch. When I try to launch the game, it pulls up an error notice saying, "Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary...
  10. Streets of rage 4 Xbox game pass won't launch on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Streets of rage 4 Xbox game pass won't launch on Windows 11: Already tried: 1- Resetting and repairing gaming services, Xbox app, Store app. 2- Clearing Xbox's app cache 3- Reinstalling gaming services 4- Deleting gaming services and gaming services net...