Games with gold is dead. Microsoft want to earn even more money from gamers

Discus and support Games with gold is dead. Microsoft want to earn even more money from gamers in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have been a gold member for as long as I can remember. I do not play games online as there are too many cheating at ewach game. So, after taking away... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Active_Growth_9955, Aug 10, 2023.

1. Games with gold is dead. Microsoft want to earn even more money from gamers

I have been a gold member for as long as I can remember. I do not play games online as there are too many cheating at ewach game. So, after taking away the free game every 2 weeks, what incentive do I have to keep paying for gold if I do not receive anything for it?? This is typical microsoft trying to earn even more from what now should be a free service!

submitted by /u/Active_Growth_9955
    [link] [comments]

/u/Active_Growth_9955, Aug 10, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

VIP Vault

Personally the Microsoft Rewards program works better for me. I don't have to spend money to earn points and can get more than just Xbox currency. I don't buy from Xbox often so it's better for me to be able to redeem points for gold or a game pass instead
    of money. I can earn Microsoft points a lot faster than I earn Xbox rewards credits.
  3. LegendOfGta Win User

Recruit for Police, Ambulance, Fire, Taxi, and more

It's as unlikely as far as the general populous of gamers for this game. That is, it wouldn't be a good idea as far as the players that like to do gang [bleep] and kill, rob, and blow up [bleep] wouldn't want a mundane job to earn more money even though
    it would be an alternative to normal money-gaining methods AND "a bold new direction"!
  4. F U I D C Win User

Xbox live gold

All the money they earn from the sales of gold helps with running the server, the maintenance and even security for the servers it helps them make sure everything is running smoothly.
  5. NonSportsGirl Win User

Windows 10 and xbox party chat?

I'm willing to bet that Party Chat is going to remain a Gold exclusive feature.

As much as Microsoft are trying to woo the PC gamer, they also know that the Xbox gamer makes them a lot of money via the Gold subscription. There's no way they want to risk losing that money.
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

Xbox live gold membership free

If you want to play online then you need a gold subscription.

The money from subs pays for the servers,security & maintenance etc.

Not sure how young people are losing out on gaming,there's plenty of single player games out there that you don't need gold to play.

Things cost money,that's the way the world works i'm afraid.

When I was a kid if I wanted something I did little jobs for around the house or for neighbours to earn some money & paid for what I wanted that way.

A gold sub isn't expensive so look at doing some little odd jobs for friends & family & you'll soon have the money to buy one.
    the money only pays for the few server microsoft use, none of the money goes to any devs for online game servers.
Thema:

Games with gold is dead. Microsoft want to earn even more money from gamers

1. Games with gold is dead. Microsoft want to earn even more money from gamers - Similar Threads - Games gold dead

2. Minecraft not working even though i have gold and i paid for game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft not working even though i have gold and i paid for game.: i bought minecraft in 2019 and now it is saying i cannot play with how my account is set up even though i have xbox gold. And is now saying i need to pay for xbox ultimate when i click fix this...
  3. I cannot play Live with Gold games without an active subscription now?

in XboX Insiders
    I cannot play Live with Gold games without an active subscription now?: Today I tried to play one of my games from Live with Gold to discover that I cannot play it anymore, and I remember that even if I don't have Live with Gold or Game Pass Ultimate active...
  4. Why does xbox require a gold subscription to pay for a game I already paid for? But the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does xbox require a gold subscription to pay for a game I already paid for? But the...: I wanted to play rainbow six siege but it said I need to pay for gold. I don’t think this makes sense to make people pay more money to play online games that they are already paying for but the...
  5. Why is Xbox telling me to buy a game I own through games for gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Xbox telling me to buy a game I own through games for gold: I own dungeon siege 3 from gfg Nov 2015 decided to go back to it and clear it. However it said there was an error and I uninstalled it. Now I can't install unless I purchase it...
  6. Unable to access Xbox Live Gold games even though I have game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to access Xbox Live Gold games even though I have game pass: So back when I had Xbox Live Gold I got The Division as a Gold game, and I recently decided to play it again. However whenever I go to open the game it says I need to renew my Xbox Subscription...
  7. What is Xbox Live Gold, and is it necessary for online gaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What is Xbox Live Gold, and is it necessary for online gaming?: I recently read on Facebook about Xbox Live Gold. It is a subscription service that allows Xbox users to play multiplayer games online. Users often inquire about its benefits and whether it's...
  8. Game pass/live gold issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass/live gold issues: I am being told I need to own game pass to play games I already own via download and hardcopy I just paid for gold last month. This is so frustrating. I've done the resets and what not I found on...
  9. I have issue with game from games with gold - Dead Space game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have issue with game from games with gold - Dead Space game: hi to all i can't download the Dead Space game and getting error "incorrect region" although my account region is set on the correct one. i have already contacted Xbox Support and went through...
  10. Cant purchase this month's game with gold; Dead Space

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant purchase this month's game with gold; Dead Space: I've never run into a problem like this before, but whenever I try to 'buy' Dead Space with any credit card I'm greeted with a message saying "Sorry, your purchase cannot be completed at this...