Games that are installed will NOT open.

Discus and support Games that are installed will NOT open. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Installed games will not open. Never had a problem before last windows update. Code given says memory could not be written. What's going on?!... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by KarenListi, Oct 13, 2018.

1. KarenListi
    KarenListi Guest

Installed games will not open. Never had a problem before last windows update. Code given says memory could not be written.

What's going on?!

:)

KarenListi, Oct 13, 2018
  2. spidermanalf
    spidermanalf Guest
    Beware of Game Installs!!!!

Same here, hating this PS3esque install nonsense since 9AM this morning I have managed 30 mins on AC4, and that is it. Not impressed so far. Sob.

spidermanalf, Oct 13, 2018
  3. nick270881
    nick270881 Guest
    Beware of Game Installs!!!!

Hiya, got my XB1 this morning and have just put COD Ghosts in to play....however I understand the games HAVE to be installed before playing.....not great but could be worse I suppose.

BUT!!.....after clicking on Install, it took half an hour to get to 1% by this time I was bored and thought this can't be right so I had a quick google

Turns out that if you are signed in or connected to the internet then the "install" does not use the disc......it downloads from XBL!!!

I disconnected from the internet and started again and after 5 mins it's now on 14%

This is NOT good if I need to do this every time I want to play a game as my BB is very slow!!

nick270881, Oct 13, 2018
  4. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest

Hey Karen,

I suggest giving your PC and network devices a full reboot and it may also be a good idea to sign out, and then back into the

Xbox App
    to re-establish connectivity to Xbox Live.

I also think looking over the
    Troubleshoot gameplay issues on Windows 10
    article on our website will be helpful as well.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

XBF Diego M, Oct 13, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: