Games take hours to START downloading

Discus and support Games take hours to START downloading in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have an Xbox Series One and a brand new Series X and both exhibit the same issue. When you click to download a game, they can take an hour or... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TrevorLee7, Jan 10, 2024.

1. TrevorLee7
    TrevorLee7 Guest

Hi,

I have an Xbox Series One and a brand new Series X and both exhibit the same issue.

When you click to download a game, they can take an hour or so to show up in the Download Queue. They can then take hour/s to start downloading. When they start to download, they download at full network speed.

I've tried changing from wired to wireless, different cables, different DNS servers etc but no luck.

Has anyone come across this before?

THanks

***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Games and gaming / Games issues***

:)

TrevorLee7, Jan 10, 2024
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello TrevorLee7,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello TrevorLee7,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you're experiencing issues with downloading games on your Xbox consoles. This could be caused by a few different factors, such as network congestion or issues with your console's settings. Let us help you by providing the troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue.

Here are the troubleshooting steps that we can try:

1. Restart your console from guide:

• Press the Xbox button
    • Move right to the System Tab
    • Scroll down and select Restart Console
    • Confirm by selecting Restart button.
    2. Check your network connection: Make sure that your Xbox is connected to a stable and fast network connection. You can try resetting your router or modem to see if that helps.

3. Clear your console's cache: Clearing your console's cache can help to resolve issues with slow downloads. To do this, go to Settings > System > Storage > Clear local saved games.

4. Check for updates: Make sure that your console is up to date with the latest system updates. You can check for updates by going to Settings > System > Updates.

5. Try a wired connection: If you're using a wireless connection, try connecting your console to your router with an Ethernet cable to see if that improves download speeds.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. FullHornet Win User

Marketplace games taking hours to download

The marketplace is not known for its download speeds unless you have super fast internet. That is why you pre load pre release games if that is the route you are taking. I went digital with dragon age but it is already installed due to EA Access and bought
    a physical copy of GTA V.
  5. RippenHarra Win User

12 hours? You're Lucky. I think it took me 32 hours.
  6. Goth Vampirella Win User

I can't believe someone hasn't already posted "I download all my games in 10 minutes. Get better internet!". lol
Thema:

1. Games take hours to START downloading - Similar Threads - Games hours START

2. If i leave my game to update for 48 or 50 hours can this do damage to CPU or make it overheat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i leave my game to update for 48 or 50 hours can this do damage to CPU or make it overheat?: Im trying to update MSFS thats a huge update but my Internet connection is slow so i need to leave my pc on for maybe about 50 hours or something and im gonna be out and stuff during the day my...
  3. If you refund a game but you play it for a few hours What a refund Will the refund cancel

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If you refund a game but you play it for a few hours What a refund Will the refund cancel: I need to know that's why I'm asking because I accidentally requested a refund so I want to know if that's a way I could cancel the refund 48baedd7-1faa-4a29-baaa-9f3991ae4135
  4. Texas CHAInsaw massacre Game LIVE NOW 5 + HOURS STREAM

in XboX Insiders
    Texas CHAInsaw massacre Game LIVE NOW 5 + HOURS STREAM: make sho y'all tap in we professional now 5 hr + stream now be first to see submitted by /u/Ok-Thought5543 [link] [comments]
  5. Games take hours to START downloading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games take hours to START downloading: Hi, I have an Xbox Series One and a brand new Series X and both exhibit the same issue. When you click to download a game, they can take an hour or so to show up in the Download Queue. They can...
  6. How do I play Fortnite on xbox cloud gaming when the wait time is over 3 hours and when I...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I play Fortnite on xbox cloud gaming when the wait time is over 3 hours and when I...: Many people who play Fortnite on xbox cloud have this problem and I want to be able to play without waiting or at least letting us join after we waited the full hour. Even when I joined at...
  7. Ever tried playing split screen for 360 game on Xbox one? It took us over an hour to setup

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ever tried playing split screen for 360 game on Xbox one? It took us over an hour to setup: Had to create 2 new Xbox profiles and 1 new Microsoft account and recover login for my original account took over an hour of typing in emails using Xbox controller...
  8. I bought a game in less than 24 hours realised it was the wrong game asked for a refund and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a game in less than 24 hours realised it was the wrong game asked for a refund and...: I bought a game accidently yesterday and I wanted to get a refund but it didn't give me one because it says too many refunds this year when I haven't refunded anything this year at all can someone...
  9. I was gifted a game but still havnt received it over a hour later

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was gifted a game but still havnt received it over a hour later: I was gifted but never got a code for it I got the recipe number but dosnt seem to do nuch fc88ec61-733d-42cd-934c-b0c2bc7deb93
  10. Why is cloud gaming always in a que has been for 4 hours now

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is cloud gaming always in a que has been for 4 hours now: Please help over 4 hours in a que to play anything how long is your que 74d71caf-036b-4d20-9b47-69c5b4bf1b59