Games on Gamepass exit me to desktop without crashing?

Discus and support Games on Gamepass exit me to desktop without crashing? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just recently got gamepass on PC 2 days ago and now everytime I start up a game it exits me to the desktop. The game is still running and I can hear... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JohnCampbell_986, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Games on Gamepass exit me to desktop without crashing?

I just recently got gamepass on PC 2 days ago and now everytime I start up a game it exits me to the desktop. The game is still running and I can hear the sound effects, I can still see the application icon active in the taskbar, but I can never keep the application open long enough for me to play. Any idea what the problem is? How do I fix this?

:)

JohnCampbell_986, Sep 4, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor and I'll be helping you :D

How are you, mate?

Press the Windows Button then type Services.

Right-click over the Services App from the list of results.

Then select Run as Administrator

Scroll to the bottom and find the following services:

IP Helper

Xbox Live Auth Manager,

Xbox Live Game Save,

Xbox Live Networking Service.

Do this with each of the services listed above.

Right-click over the service and select Properties.

Find the Startup type section and make sure it’s set to Automatic.

If the service isn’t started, click Start to start the services.

Click Apply and OK to save changes.

Then try the game again
  3. AgentScotty2112 Win User

Treasure Hunt crashed on the first two attempts at a Bonus Level, possibly intermittent

I just got the major glitch again: Crashed to the desktop from the bonus level in level 34, and now have to start over at Level 1. *D'oh!*

I had gone so long without the glitch that I'd gotten out of the habit of exiting to the menu to force a save before playing a bonus level.

Oh well, I guess that gives me a shot at the "Money is Evil", "Efficient Shopper", and "Extra Careful" achievements.
  4. Billy Sotirakos Win User

Flight Simulator Crash to Desktop at "Ready to Fly" button click

I don't have XBox... only a PC (i.e. launched from my PC's desktop).

Game with update (August 2022) should (obliged to) work without a crash when launched from the desktop.

Cheers...
  5. XBF John Win User

Flight Simulator wyrzuca do pulpitu bez komunikatu [Flight Simulator throws to the desktop without a message]

Hello,

Z niektórych badań wygląda na to, że czasami na komputerze występują aplikacje powodujące konflikty, które powodują ten problem. Sprawdziłbym, aby zobaczyć, przy uruchomieniu bez aplikacji (zamykanie i zamykanie dowolnych automatycznych aplikacji startowych) otwarte, aby sprawdzić, czy ten problem będzie kontynuowany. Mówi również, że coś takiego jak MSI Afterburner może spowodować awarię gry na pulpicie bez żadnego kodu błędu.

Niektóre dodatkowe linki do zasobów dotyczące tego problemu:

Best Regards,

[Powyższy tekst to przetłumaczone maszynowo i może nie być dokładnym odzwierciedleniem oryginalnego postu.]

Hello,

From some research it looks like that sometimes there are conflicting apps on the PC that cause this issue. I would check to see, at start up with no apps (closing and exiting any automatic start up apps) open to see if this issue continues. It also says that something like MSI Afterburner can cause the game to crash to the desktop without any error code.

Some Additional Resource links pertaining to this issue:

Best Regards,

6. Misses Joust Win User

CANT EXIT GAME TO DESKTOP

G'day kuyatatay. In order to get back to the home screen, please press the glowing Xbox button at the top center of the controller. The button labeled with 3 lines is the Menu button, and will usually pause the game or open its menu.
Thema:

1. Games on Gamepass exit me to desktop without crashing? - Similar Threads - Games Gamepass exit

2. Gamepass game. .

in XboX Insiders
    Gamepass game. .: Can you ad fnaf sécurity breach en wobbly life in de gamepass please? submitted by /u/Technical_Routine_39 [link] [comments]
  3. why cant I queue into a game, and why does gamepass keep popping up and can someone fix this

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant I queue into a game, and why does gamepass keep popping up and can someone fix this: I previously had the Xbox one s, but yesterday bought the Xbox series s as an upgrade to be able to play ncaa football coming out in July. My issue is that I can no longer play rainbow six siege...
  4. Cant launch gamepass games on my PC

in XboX Insiders
    Cant launch gamepass games on my PC: When you select to play a game from the downloaded games, the game card launches on screen, signs in, then syncs, and then gets on stuck in the "Launching Game" phase. Has anyone else experienced...
  5. Cancelling a Gamepass subscription on a account i’m game sharing with

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cancelling a Gamepass subscription on a account i’m game sharing with: so i recently started game-sharing with this friend of mine. However he has a subscription already which is xbox live core, and i wanted to game share game pass ultimate with him so if i cancel...
  6. Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games

in XboX Insiders
    Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games: I love that Basic Touch works with remote play. It has been glorious playing BG3, D4, Harold Halibut all in my bed or even my commute IF the connection is stable enough. But, why cant this just...
  7. Playing gamepass on my gaming laptop keeps stuttering.

in XBoX on Windows
    Playing gamepass on my gaming laptop keeps stuttering.: Hi guys! I have an issue with my gaming laptop. When I play gamepass cloud games or installed on my ssd it stutters really bad and cannot play games at all. I was able to before but ever since I...
  8. Xbox GamePass games suggestions

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox GamePass games suggestions: What games do you like to be added into xbox gamepass For me i think the best games that could be added is call of duty , carx drift racing , and crash series let me hear your thoughts...
  9. if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded

in XBoX Accessibility
    if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded: if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded d7e7c536-caa7-4db3-8ffa-708f64cb503b
  10. Game loses saves after exit - Darkest Dungeon (Xbox App for Win 10, Via GamePass)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game loses saves after exit - Darkest Dungeon (Xbox App for Win 10, Via GamePass): Hi all, I'm trying to play the game Darkest Dungeon from the Xbox app, Win 10, Via GamePass. Yesterday, when I launched the game my save file was gone. I created a new save file and it...