Games not showing up after Windows Reinstall

Discus and support Games not showing up after Windows Reinstall in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, a recent Windows update borked my system so I had to do a fresh reinstall, and afterwards all my data remained the same but none of my games or... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HusamGhannam, Oct 29, 2023.

1. HusamGhannam
    HusamGhannam Guest

So, a recent Windows update borked my system so I had to do a fresh reinstall, and afterwards all my data remained the same but none of my games or other programs are showing up. I see that they are still installed, just that it refuses to recognize them. Other platforms already have features in place to recognize them, but the Xbox app does not and there doesn't seem to be a solution that I can find for this.

:)

HusamGhannam, Oct 29, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

Unfortunately, unlike services such as Steam or EA's download platforms, to name a few, the Microsoft Xbox App uses a more aggressive form of DRM. This means that if you have to reinstall Windows, the previous downloads will not be recognised. I'm afraid you will need to delete the folders and download the games again.
  3. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist you today.

Here are a few troubleshooting tips you can try to resolve your query:
    - Restart your device.
    - Update Windows.
    - Update your device drivers.
    - Update the Xbox and Gaming Services apps.
    - Sign into the Xbox app and Store using the same account.
    - Remove and reinstall Gaming Services.
    - Make sure your date and time is correct.
    - Use the app troubleshooter.
    - Repair and reset the Xbox app.

For more details on the above and more troubleshooting tips, kindly visit: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-games-windows-10

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  4. XBF George L Win User

STATE OF DECAY 2 / MICROSOFT STORE ERROR

Hey Bang!

I understand you are having trouble playing State of Decay 2 on your Windows 10 PC. What error messages or codes are showing up when you try to launch the game? Have you made sure your Windows 10 PC is up to date? Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game
    with the steps listed here.
    How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows 10

Thanks for reaching out
  5. TheCreeper1 Win User

Forza horizon 4 error code 0x803f8001

Hi good day, I signed in my microsoft billing account and it showed my I owned the game, the purchased was successful. I played the game before but my pc crashed and after I reinstalled the windows, reinstall the game and then I started having this issue.
  6. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

My games will not install

Thank you for the information.

No worries as for our last resort, the only best option is to reinstall your Windows:

Before you begin make sure you back up your data:

If you have personal data and files that you want to save, back them up to an external hard drive, USB thumb drive, SD card, or cloud location (such as OneDrive) before you begin to reinstall Windows 10.

Make sure your Windows 10 or 11 is activated

Windows 10 must be activated after it’s reinstalled. Usually, this happens automatically after you go online. For more info, see "Activating after reinstalling Windows 10" in Activate Windows.

Note: If Windows 10 was activated on your device after upgrading from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you have a digital license for Windows 10 that can automatically activate Windows 10 after you reinstall it.

Kindly take your time and navigate through this link to know the detailed process for a proper Windows reinstallation.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/rei...
Thema:

1. Games not showing up after Windows Reinstall - Similar Threads - Games showing Windows

2. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  3. What to do when my game turns on but dosent show up on my tv?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What to do when my game turns on but dosent show up on my tv?: When I turn on my game it turns on it stays on but it dosent show up on my tv im not sure what to do. bc0030ca-e886-4315-aa0a-a91d01ad7c00
  4. Fable 2 french missing in the game but shows in microsoft store

in XboX Insiders
    Fable 2 french missing in the game but shows in microsoft store: Hi, I want to play Fable 2 in french like I did on my Xbox 360 back then. In the Microsoft Store fable 2 game page, it show 13 languages including french but in the game, it show only 5 languages...
  5. Game bar doesn't show on microphone privacy settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Game bar doesn't show on microphone privacy settings: I was trying to do some recordings but my game bar didn't want to turn the mic on. When I went to the microphone privacy settings, Game Bar simply wasn't on the list [img] This has never...
  6. Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.: For some reason Cloud Gaming doesn't show up in the xbox app. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Xbox on Windows*** 7a6b3c91-6652-4f0e-86a2-b8387f7b540f
  7. Newest Xbox app on PC Windows 11 Not showing installed games and will not let me search.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Newest Xbox app on PC Windows 11 Not showing installed games and will not let me search.: So after the last update to xbox app im using the insider delta preview. it no longer shows my installed games in the xbox app itself. they launch and run without any issues. I cannot search for...
  8. Xbox on Windows Store shows game in library, yet can't play.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox on Windows Store shows game in library, yet can't play.: My son used a Xbox gift card to buy Minecraft Java Edition for his PC from the Xbox store. It shows in his library, yet says he needs to buy it (again) and there is no record of the purchase being...
  9. F18 carrier landing lite shows up black screen on game in Windows 11

in XBoX on Windows
    F18 carrier landing lite shows up black screen on game in Windows 11: Hi, Johnie here. When I was searching for a plane game on Microsoft store, I found f18 carrier landing lite which has the best weather settings. However, this game doesn't launch at all. It got...
  10. The in-game items I exchanged are not added to the game, but Windows shows that the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The in-game items I exchanged are not added to the game, but Windows shows that the...: The in-game items I exchanged are not added to the game, Windows shows that the exchange has been successful. The product I exchanged was Fortnite's CDK. Before the exchange, I confirmed that the...