Games keep crashing and sending me back to db

Discus and support Games keep crashing and sending me back to db in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Long story short, my Xbox series s, not even a year old yet, has been crashing and bringing me back to the dashboard when I play certain games. Some... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by justin salzy, Apr 13, 2024.

1. justin salzy
    justin salzy Guest

Long story short, my Xbox series s, not even a year old yet, has been crashing and bringing me back to the dashboard when I play certain games. Some games I’ve played have resulted in crashes or freezing were elite dangerous just cause 3-4, black ops 2 and sometimes starfield. When I first got the console, I didn’t notice anything wrong when I’m playing any game up until recently when it began to have problems.

Here are some theories I thought up that could be the cause of this issue. Almost all my games are saved and have all their respective data in a seagate external hard drive that I got for my Xbox one. Could it be because the hard drive is probably over 10 years old or it was designed for the Xbox one that it’s causing this issue. Another possibility is that my Xbox and my tv have both their plugs connected to a surge protector. Could that be another cause.

It’s incredibly frustrating that I paid nearly 300 dollars on my new system and not even a year has gone by and it’s starting to have issues like this. Please respond soon

:)

justin salzy, Apr 13, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Justin! Thank you for your reply.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your console.

I'd say It's more likely for these crashes to be caused by a faulty/corrupted external storage device than by your surge protector.

• To clarify, do you ever get any error codes/messages when this happens or when you try to launch a game?

• Would you mind giving this a try?

- Go to Settings > System > Storage devices > Select your external storage > Move or Copy > Select one of the games you are having trouble with and then "Move selected".
    - Wait until the game is done moving to your console's internal storage unit.
    - Press and hold your console's power button until it shuts down.
    - Unplug your external storage unit, and leave it like that.
    - Turn your console on.
    - Launch the game you just moved
    - Check if the issues persist.

* If games continue to crash, try plugging your console's power cord directly into one of the wall's outlets.

Please let me know if this makes any difference in your console, I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

My games keep crashing and sending me back to home

Hello Seep_633,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We need a little more information to make sure we provide the correct solution. Is this issue occurring with a single game or multiple games? Are you using an Xbox One or Xbox 360? Does an error message or error
    code appear when your games crash? Be sure to let us know the results Seep_633!
  4. PalSung Win User

Arcade Game Exits to Lobby and Will Not Let Me Play

I got the same problem..

the game crashes and sends me back to the dashboard..
  5. SungShooter83 Win User

Gears of War is too easy now. 101 Kills Video.

Using either the DBS or the Retro bores the *** out of me. The game just becomes a mindless shooter. Keep the weapons though. It gives me a an added challenge to the game.
  6. XBF - Dom Win User

Constant crashes while playing Halo Infinite for Xbox console

Thank you MarcoLipe for the response and keeping me posted as this is valuable information. Currently verifying whether or not the console automatically sends crash reports to the engineers or not. If and when it happens again, please send the report just in case.

Looking forward to hearing back,

Thema:

1. Games keep crashing and sending me back to db - Similar Threads - Games keep crashing

2. My game keeps crashing when I play cod mw3 on my brand new pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My game keeps crashing when I play cod mw3 on my brand new pc: VALORANT VCTA AMD Ryzen 7 7700 32GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 8GB 1TB I just bought. I play cod mw3 and my graphics were glitching really bad and my game freezes and crashes. I tried...
  3. why does my xbox one s take too long to boot and all my games keep crashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox one s take too long to boot and all my games keep crashing: My grandparents bought me an xbox one s and its 2024, the console's time to boot up is over 3 minutes and when it does is brings me to a black screen. Iv'e tried all of the methods and non of...
  4. Game bar social widget keeps crashing

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar social widget keeps crashing: whenever i open game bar my social widget says "something went wrong" and when i restart it just crashes again, so in other words the social widget is unusable submitted by /u/0m3g4_rul3s...
  5. Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?: When running certain games over the past year (MW3, Forza Horizon, MLB the Show), my Xbox keep closing the game application and return me to the home screen. Most times, this causes me to lose the...
  6. Trying to play call of duty warzone. The game keeps crashing mid game and returns me to the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to play call of duty warzone. The game keeps crashing mid game and returns me to the...: Trying to play call of duty warzone. The game keeps crashing mid game and returns me to the Xbox home screen repeatedly. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it keeps happening. The...
  7. Microsoft Mahjong adverts keep crashing and game will not load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Mahjong adverts keep crashing and game will not load: I click on Mahjong and it loads and offers me the opening page, I click on a game of Mahjong, it doesn't matter which one. The game starts to load and before it has done so an advertisement...
  8. Most games keep crashing.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Most games keep crashing.: Hello, my name is David, and I have come for support due to the fact that almost all of my games that I have installed are crashing, I've done everything in my power to fix them, editing BIOS...
  9. My FM23 Xbox game keeps crashing upon saving, how to fix this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My FM23 Xbox game keeps crashing upon saving, how to fix this?: FM23 Xbox game save keeps being deleted due to being unable to save. There is plenty cloud space available (over half the allowed). Any solutions? 2ea149a4-b3fd-49b6-8dea-4e52e8f03d0e
  10. My game keeps crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game keeps crashing: When I play rainbow six siege, all my matches go well but as soon as I get the map fortress and select an operator, my icon keeps on loading and the game crashes after a while. It happen both ways...