Games data deleted

Discus and support Games data deleted in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got the new update for Xbox one on October 12 and I had to leave the Xbox to finish the install . I left to work and came back to my save data for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SamuraiShampoox, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Games data deleted

I got the new update for Xbox one on October 12 and I had to leave the Xbox to finish the install . I left to work and came back to my save data for some games like dragons dogma had been deleted , I lost all my save data and hours of gameplay I had put
    in that game because from what I am assuming is that new update

:)

SamuraiShampoox, Oct 12, 2017
  2. Deleted game data??

So, my hubby and I have a Xbox 360 S and since we got it we've had all sorts of issues with it like at first it wouldnt connect to the internet, then we couldn't get it to connect to my computer and NOW it deleted my Fable 3 data. ALL OF IT. Like, completely
    gone.

Our buddy Ryan had his profile just completely disappear... And I had the same thing happen to me when I had my old 360; it wiped my Bioshock data clean off it.

How do I fix this? Is it a system error?? And if so, will it be covered by my warranty?

UnlovelyTurtle, Oct 12, 2017
  3. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest
    Game data deleted.

Hey there Buns!

I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your save. There's a very similar thread

HERE
    and unfortunately I have to give the same news that I gave there.

Blizzard support are definitely the right people to talk to about this. The way the issue is being described, it sounds like it lies with the way the game auto-saves (which is a game feature and therefore Blizzard has the tools to fix) rather than a
    location of the save feature.

I suggest getting in touch with them and explaining the issue in full to them so that they can understand where the issue lies. Until then, I recommend always exiting to the character select screen before quitting the game.

I sincerely hope this helps. =)

Mister Cerb, Oct 12, 2017
  4. Games data deleted

Hey there Samurai Champoo,

You're going to want to post about these preview concerns and problems in the
    Xbox One Preview Forums
    for the best visibility and troubleshooting steps.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Oct 13, 2017
  5. Edwin Hubley Win User

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition goes to black screen when I try to continue a loaded save

You CAN actually delete your save game data locally on your xbox and leave it in the cloud. Go to your games/apps section in dashboard and go to the game in question. There are options to delete the local save game data and save game data in the cloud. You
    can delete local data or delete local and cloud data.
  6. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

Game data deleted.

There's no way to recover lost data from an Xbox 360 HDD. It uses a proprietary format and there's no tools available for the task. Even if tools did exist it would be against the Terms of Usage agreement for you to use them.

I'm not familiar with Diablo III on the consoles but you mentioned an auto-save feature, correct? Are you sure that you selected a storage device? If you are certain that you did then you might be experiencing the beginning of HDD failure. Might I recommend
    you try formatting a USB drive for use on your console and attempt to save to that.
  7. Azrael Djerun Win User

Game data deleted.

I experienced the same problem.

Played for about 4h, got back to the mainmenu of Diablo 3 to adjust some settings, returned to startscreen and after pushing the startbutton I was asked to adjust the screensize again. (Like when you first start the game)

Everything was gone and I had to create a new character.

I read in other forums that many people are experiencing the same problem.

And you can't even copy your savefile to an USB Drive or the Cloud because it's blocked, you can just move it.
  8. eG x Thee Elf Win User

Game data deleted.

Kinky Buns,

I know this probably isn't the answer you want to hear, but if the data is no longer on your HDD then I would think it's probably permanently lost. The only thing I can recommend is before powering down your console each night, copy the data to a secondary
    storage device in the event it were to occur again.
  9. juan van Win User

Deleted game data??

Sounds like your having a Hard drive problem - you should back up all you game saves to a USB stick and use that till you can replace the hard drive.

support.xbox.com/.../usb-flash-drive
Thema:

Games data deleted

1. Games data deleted - Similar Threads - Games data deleted

2. Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.: Game data deleted on internal storage of my Xbox X for only one game (Dead Space) after installing a external harddrive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. HELP!...
  3. Is there any way to have your data in a game be deleted to fix an issue in game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way to have your data in a game be deleted to fix an issue in game.: In the elder scrolls V, there seems that the most recent update plus the mod “Ugh Mod Manager” has caused me to not be able to do anything with the modding. I can’t disable, delete, or even change...
  4. Even after deleting STARFIELD "Save Data" on Series S, the game crashes very frequently. I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Even after deleting STARFIELD "Save Data" on Series S, the game crashes very frequently. I...: Even after deleting STARFIELD "Save Data" on Series S, the game crashes very frequently. I need help 9988fae2-4bf1-4c16-871f-20c5a14fc725
  5. Even after deleting "Saved Data" from STARFIELD on Series S, the game crashes So Often. Am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Even after deleting "Saved Data" from STARFIELD on Series S, the game crashes So Often. Am...: Hi all, I have been thoroughly enjoying STARFIELD on my Series S but I am getting really fed up with all the crashes. I've applied all the recommendations on the Bethesda site and still having...
  6. Removing/deleting a game history/data

in XBoX Accessibility
    Removing/deleting a game history/data: So few years ago i played some cheap knock-off games from Microsoft Store (PC) and later i deleted them. few days ago i realised those games are being shown as a history in my Xbox app for PC and...
  7. Can i recover game save data if it was accidentally deleted from all Platforms

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i recover game save data if it was accidentally deleted from all Platforms: Accidentally deleted my file for starfield. Been playing it from cloud gaming on my xbox one console. Got really far and I really don't want to to start from scratch. So, is there away to get my...
  8. my xbox doesnt give the option to delete cloud saved game data, only local.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox doesnt give the option to delete cloud saved game data, only local.: very frustrating not being able to reset games to first-time start up. there was a thread already asking this in 2019, this still hasn’t been solved a46866b2-4468-4c2d-8924-1d09feb56bf9
  9. My VoIP doesn’t work on the game DayZ and I cannot delete saved data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My VoIP doesn’t work on the game DayZ and I cannot delete saved data: For some reason despite having a headset my VOIP isn’t enabled in dayZ I’m not sure if it’s an in game issue but I’ve also noticed I cannot delete the synced file to see whether it’s corrupt I can...
  10. How can i delete my Microsoft Ultimate Word Games cloud data?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can i delete my Microsoft Ultimate Word Games cloud data?: The cloud data for this one game appears to be corrupted, as it downloads VERY slowly and ultimately quits with an error. a2b71ebb-e250-46eb-a2e2-0181b6e795cc