Games closed by the automatic shutoff timer don't show the Quit option

Discus and support Games closed by the automatic shutoff timer don't show the Quit option in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Usually games in Quick Resume can be closed by pressing menu on them and selecting Quit. That option is missing if your console was shut off by the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MissingNerd, May 3, 2024.

1. Games closed by the automatic shutoff timer don't show the Quit option

Usually games in Quick Resume can be closed by pressing menu on them and selecting Quit. That option is missing if your console was shut off by the inactivity timer.

submitted by /u/MissingNerd
    [link] [comments]

/u/MissingNerd, May 3, 2024
  2. onyxishere Win User

Getting disconnected from live at 22:30 every night

Have you thought to check your family settings on the console? It's quite possible that there is a timer set up to automatically shut down/disconnect.
  3. ZeroAltControl Win User

Controller Idle Shutoff Timer

Now I haven’t tested it, yet, but I understand that the controller won’t time out when watching a movie or Netflix with a headset plugged in. This would mean it’s gotta be situational, right? As previously stated, the game has to register the controller as active or it throws an error, so a wireless headset doesn’t help me, because the controller will still time out.
  4. SammyVS Win User

Controller Idle Shutoff Timer

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Sadly has no way to configure this in the controller that prevents it from turning off itself or extending the time it can stay on. A workaround is to buy a wireless headset and use it with the console, then you won't need the controller.
  5. J.R.G. Win User

Sleep Timer

It's not a sleep timer, but there are options on your console to have it automatically shut down after a certain period of non-use. Just use that.
    I believe the options are "1 Hour" and "6 Hour". They don't work if you have a open app such as Netflix; who would want Netflix to shut down one hour into a movie. A sleep timer would be a great idea.
  6. maxen Win User

Stuck in Game for 22 hours

That seems like quite the oversight. I'm also surprised that as they can play asynchronously (by virtue of not having a timer) that you're not able to close the game and return every now and again to play your turn.
Thema:

Games closed by the automatic shutoff timer don't show the Quit option

1. Games closed by the automatic shutoff timer don't show the Quit option - Similar Threads - Games closed automatic

2. Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...: Ever since EA shut off the servers for Cataylst I haven’t been able to take game captures at all. This is only a problem for Xbox, it works fine when I’m on Pc. Until the servers went offline I...
  3. BINNUNE Wireless Gaming Headset BW01 Closing/Disconnects during Charging

in XBoX on Consoles
    BINNUNE Wireless Gaming Headset BW01 Closing/Disconnects during Charging: I'm unsure if this is the correct "Products/Category/Topics" for said issue, so if there is a more accurate place to be for this, let me know, thanks! BINNUNE Wireless Gaming Headset BW01, is...
  4. I’m trying to download games before the 360 store closes, but i cant connect to Xbox Live,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to download games before the 360 store closes, but i cant connect to Xbox Live,...: I took it over to my moms for wifi (dont have it at my apartment yet), had it hooked up through Ethernet and its passing all the tests all the way up to Xbox Live, and then failed everytime. I...
  5. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  6. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  7. Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  8. PC GamePass game closes 30 seconds after opening.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC GamePass game closes 30 seconds after opening.: All of a sudden when I go to play Fallout 76 on my PC via Xbox game pass the game starts up just as it always had except now right when its at the title screen the game seemingly crashes with no...
  9. Why does my game have to be closed for an update notification?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game have to be closed for an update notification?: While this isn't the first time I've had this happen it was arguably the most inconvenient time for it. In the middle of battle in Baldur's Gate 3 on my Xbox Series X and I heard a noise so I...
  10. The Game Closes Automatically in Pc Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Game Closes Automatically in Pc Xbox: Hello. I use Game Pass Service on PC. When I am playing, the game closes automatically after a while. Sometimes, after restarting the game, I face the error 0X80072ee2. How can I solve my...