Gamertag with Minecraft Java is not linked to any email?

Discus and support Gamertag with Minecraft Java is not linked to any email? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I imported my Java account over to Microsoft last May. I moved over to a different email address. Recently, I think someone managed to get into my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BrigandBandit, May 23, 2023.

1. Gamertag with Minecraft Java is not linked to any email?

I imported my Java account over to Microsoft last May. I moved over to a different email address.

Recently, I think someone managed to get into my Microsoft account and I think they somehow deleted my account (it stills exists on Xbox for Windows and on the Minecraft Launcher) or the link between the email address and the account was removed?

In trying to log in, I somehow made a new Gamertag on the email that my old Gamertag should have been on.

I can't get in touch with Microsoft because they don't have an option to link your Gamertag to your old email etc.

I keep going around in circles and all I want to do is log in with my Minecraft Launcher on ATLauncher to use Modpacks.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do?

:)

BrigandBandit, May 23, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello BrigandBandit,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Microsoft account. It sounds like your account may have been compromised or unlinked from your email address. To help you resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

1. Go to https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx and select "I forgot my password".

2. Enter your email address and the captcha code, then click "Next".

3. Choose a verification method (email, phone, or app) and follow the instructions to receive a security code.

4. Enter the security code and create a new password for your account.

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  3. Paul Croteau Win User

This does not answer the orignal question, this simply offers a way to reset the password. The problem is that the users original Gamertag is no longer associated with the email address that was used to purchase Minecraft, and a new Gamertag was created and assigned to that same email. The user wants to use their original Gamertag and therefore have access to their purchased Minecraft.

I am having this same issue. My Microsoft account did not recognize my Gamertag, I was asked to create a new one. Now when I logon I only see the new Gamertag, and I do not get credit for purchasing Minecraft, therefore I'm being promtped to buy it again. I would like my Gamertag (which was successfuly migrated in April 2021) to be associated with my Microsoft account email. THIS is the issue I think the original post refers to.

Thanks to any help you can provide.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  5. L4c3rd4 Win User

Minecraft order not in my microsoft order history

When you purchased the Minecraft JAVA edition, did you receive an email with the link to download it?

Try using that link if you still have that email. :)
  6. CarTzy Win User

Lost Minecraft Account through mandatory migration process

Hello DarkTS,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Xbox Community.

Identify the account type you have then proceed with the recovery

Minecraft: Java Edition Account Types | Minecraft Help

For recovery visit the following links:

Mojang - Changing Your Email Address (Mojang Accounts) | Minecraft Help

Minecraft (Legacy) - Change Your Email Address (Legacy Minecraft Accounts) | Minecraft Help

Microsoft Account - Need help with your new Microsoft account for Minecraft: Java Edition?  | Minecraft Help

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
Thema:

1. Gamertag with Minecraft Java is not linked to any email? - Similar Threads - Gamertag Minecraft Java

2. Remove numbers in gamertag/minecraft username

in XBoX Accessibility
    Remove numbers in gamertag/minecraft username: I made my current account without realizing I already had one with the same username so this one got the numbers. I have changed the username of the first account to something different so it...
  3. Minecraft Gamertag issue -PS5 to PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Gamertag issue -PS5 to PC: My kid has a Minecraft Gamer Tag on PS5. But, when we set up their Minecraft on PC it made us make them a new gamertag. Now they don’t have access to any of their owned stuff. How do I fix this?...
  4. my Xbox Gamertag was changed without my permission when i was playing minecraft. I value my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my Xbox Gamertag was changed without my permission when i was playing minecraft. I value my...: they keep saying no and i wont stop intill i get my old one back. if any body can help contact me here: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***...
  5. Updated gamertag now i dont have minecraft java

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Updated gamertag now i dont have minecraft java: I changed my gamer tag a while ago so today I logged out and in again on xbox so it would update there and it did. After that when I open minecraft launcher it says to buy java? I have all my...
  6. Need Assistance: Hacked Microsoft Account, Lost Gamertag and Minecraft Access

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need Assistance: Hacked Microsoft Account, Lost Gamertag and Minecraft Access: My Microsoft account got hacked and deleted, so I made a new one with the same Gmail. Now, I can't access my gamertag and Minecraft Java account. I can still find my old gamertag, but I'm lost on...
  7. I CHANGED MY GAMERTAG AND NOW I LOST MY MINECRAFT ACCOUNT

in XBoX Accessibility
    I CHANGED MY GAMERTAG AND NOW I LOST MY MINECRAFT ACCOUNT: Before i had a microsoft account with the gamertag MarioMartinat, so i was thinking that it was time to change it for mc bedrock i changed it 1 time, was bad, and i payed the second time, D4rkMRT...
  8. I can only play Java Minecraft demo version when I changed my gamertag on my Microsoft Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can only play Java Minecraft demo version when I changed my gamertag on my Microsoft Account: So when I changed my Microsoft gamertag and got into the minecraft launcher I could not play the full version and only demo, and I have tired logging out and in but it doesnt seem to work. It...
  9. Minecraft-Bedrock Gamertag without suffix so its like in Minecraft-Java

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft-Bedrock Gamertag without suffix so its like in Minecraft-Java: Hello! So my Minecraft-Java-name is "", but in Minecraft-Bedrock i have this 4-digit suffix added to my name ("5329"). If i want no suffix, i will need to search for a name, that no one has ever...
  10. Minecraft Java - PC - Demo Only (we own) potential Gamertag causing issue between child and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java - PC - Demo Only (we own) potential Gamertag causing issue between child and...: We bought and had Minecraft Java edition working great, albeit bought on 'mums email / microsoft account' and being played by 'child 1 windows login'. 'Suddenly', Minecraft Java is only able to...