Gamertag still showing as old one (been over 72 hours)

Discus and support Gamertag still showing as old one (been over 72 hours) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; In the Xbox app, my old gamer tag is showing higher then my new one, this is not the case on the website profile, but on the website profile when I go... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by #KristianStebbins, Jan 10, 2024.

1. Gamertag still showing as old one (been over 72 hours)

In the Xbox app, my old gamer tag is showing higher then my new one, this is not the case on the website profile, but on the website profile when I go to change my gamer tag, it says my current one is my old one? It’s been over 72 since the change.

**Remove PII

:)

#KristianStebbins, Jan 10, 2024
  2. #KristianStebbins Win User

But my gamertag has been “[Mod removed]” since like 2015…
  3. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Kristian,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with your gamertag still showing the old one. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the delay in updating your Gamertag and I know how excited you are to use the new one.
    For cases like this, you may need to try again change your gamertag by going to Customize Profile (xbox.com) however, if the issue still persist we highly suggest contacting Live Support Contact us | Xbox Support so they can help you further in changing your gamertag.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Kristian,

Thank you for responding. The double gamertag is by design, as they transition over to the new gamertag system. Not all games will display the new gamertag system and your old gamertag (more than 15 characters) will be displayed on 360 backwards compatible games.
    On Xbox 360: Gamertags can be up to 15 characters long, including spaces. They can’t start with a number.
    On Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Windows: Gamertags can be up to 12 characters long, including spaces. They can’t start with a number.
    For your reference, you may check this link: How to change your Xbox gamertag | Xbox Support

If you are using Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Windows, we highly suggest using a gamertag with 12 characters long. If you get charge again for changing gamertag you can submit a refund request online by going to Request a refund for digital games | Xbox Support or you can also contact Xbox Live Support, Contact us | Xbox Support so they can forward your case to our backend team and provide a free gamertag change.

We hope this helps. If you have any other questions or feedback, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. #KristianStebbins Win User

We understand you are having issues with your gamertag still showing the old one. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the delay in updating your Gamertag and I know how excited you are to use the new one.
    For cases like this, you may need to try again change your gamertag by going to Customize Profile (xbox.com) however, if the issue still persist we highly suggest contacting Live Support Contact us | Xbox Support so they can help you further in changing your gamertag.
    I just spent $10 to change my gamertag, so I’m not going to change it again, and it’s a 15 digit so I can’t even do it on Xbox.com, I need an Xbox 360.
  6. Lightning Dude2000 Win User

Is there a way I can still get a refund?

Its been over 72 hours and I have still haven't got one.
Thema:

1. Gamertag still showing as old one (been over 72 hours) - Similar Threads - Gamertag still showing

2. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  3. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  4. I payed 10 dollars to change my gamertag and it changed but it still says my old gamertag...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I payed 10 dollars to change my gamertag and it changed but it still says my old gamertag...: I payed 10 dollars to change my gamertag and it changed but it still says my old gamertag and my new one under it. Anyone know why? 0a23cf37-917f-487e-891f-dc412c572639
  5. Xbox still shows old gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox still shows old gamertag: I changed my gamertag, payed for it, and everything was fine so far. When I check my own profile it only shows my new gamertag, but when I visit my profile on a other account, it shows my old...
  6. I haven't changed my gamertag yet but it's still charging my $10

in XBoX Accessibility
    I haven't changed my gamertag yet but it's still charging my $10: I was wanting to change my gamertag but I'm getting blocked by a $10 paywall. I read online that I should get one free change. I don't think that I've changed my gamertag so I should get a free...
  7. I changed my gamertag and the old one is still showing up inconsistently. Microsoft support...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag and the old one is still showing up inconsistently. Microsoft support...: So years ago I got sick of my dumb pirate themed gamertag so I paid $9 to change it to a normal name because I have no imagination. I went to my Xbox profile on Xbox.com, clicked "customize", and...
  8. Why does my old gamertag still show above new one after purchasing a new name?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my old gamertag still show above new one after purchasing a new name?: Recently purchased a new gamertag, but it still shows my old name above new name. Anyone know why? [img] 39aea6a9-41ab-4d54-b546-3e09446c7d8d
  9. My Gamertag didn't change after paying to change it (still shows my old one on top of my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Gamertag didn't change after paying to change it (still shows my old one on top of my...: So I just paid to have my gamer tag changed but instead I got what seems like two different gamer tags on top of each other with my old one being on top and the new below. I want to get rid of the...
  10. I changed my gamertag for 10 dollars and my old one is still showing up above the new one....

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag for 10 dollars and my old one is still showing up above the new one....: I changed my gamertag and 10 dollars and my old gamertag is still showing up above my new one. aedc5d43-4bf1-40ef-b60c-1abbe05726ec