Gamertag Recover

Discus and support Gamertag Recover in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have bought a gaming pc and tried to recover my old xbox gamertag associated to an old email address. It didnt work. I went ahead and created a new... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BenBristow, Aug 2, 2023.

1. BenBristow
    BenBristow Guest

Gamertag Recover

I have bought a gaming pc and tried to recover my old xbox gamertag associated to an old email address. It didnt work. I went ahead and created a new gamertag on my new email address as i thought it was a lost cause. Post doing this i was able to get into my old email address and access the old gamer tag. I am trying to:

1) delete the new gamertag on my new email account and then;

2) associate my old gamertag onto my new email account

I tried to associate my new email address as an alias on my old account and it just says this service is temporarily unavailable. I think its because i created a new account.

Please help.

:)

BenBristow, Aug 2, 2023
  2. Dirty Loco Win User

Xbox Live and USB sticks

I have multiple Xbox's in my house, and use a USB stick to move my gamertag between consoles all the time. It works brilliantly.

It's quicker than recovering the gamertag. You can play straight away rather than waiting for it to recover.

It's safer than recovering the gamertag. Your gamertag will always be with you, rather than someone else's Xbox, who thinks it would be "funny" to change your Avatar colour to blue.

It's more reliable than recovering the gamertag. If there is a connection problem when recovering the gamertag, you can corrupt the gamertag.
  3. InvisibleBear87 Win User

Forgotten pass code

Delete the Gamertag from the Xbox 360 Console. Only delete the Gamertag. Recover the Gamertag. You will need the Windows Live ID and Password to Recover that account.
  4. A Salty Fluffy Win User

Recovering gamertag

Have you attempted resetting your password through your email? There should be a hyperlink beneath the sign-in page. From there, it will ask you some of the personal questions that you listed when you created your account, then send a reset link to your
    email.

If you don't have access to your email, then you may not be able to get the account back, unless you are lucky enough to go through an xbox official.

Hope this somewhat helps!
  5. smudger72 Win User

recover gamertag

thank you for your help - i'll let you know how i get on.
  6. An Xbox Dude Win User

recover gamertag

Sorry about that. The UK number is 020 7365 9792 from what I have listed. Let me know if you have issues with that number.
Thema:

Gamertag Recover

1. Gamertag Recover - Similar Threads - Gamertag Recover

2. Can Xbox please raise the gamertag limit back up to 15? Or at least support recovering?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can Xbox please raise the gamertag limit back up to 15? Or at least support recovering?: I've had a great 15-character gamertag for 11 years, one I came up with when I was 12 that is very nostalgic to me, that I just lost last night by accident by helping my friend come up with a new...
  3. Recover Xbox Account with ONLY Gamertag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recover Xbox Account with ONLY Gamertag?: I've been trying to recover my old Xbox account for a couple of weeks now. I found the gamertag (FoxSaysWhatVII) and the Gamerscore (2,090). I've been using many different email addresses and...
  4. Recover 8 year old Gamertag from Xbox 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recover 8 year old Gamertag from Xbox 360?: My old gamertag is still associated with my Microsoft account email address and Xbox Live Online account. I have not not subscribed to Xbox Live Gold since July 2015. There is a resubscribe...
  5. Could I recover my old gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Could I recover my old gamertag?: I was trying out a gamertag but did not know the next changes will be charged. Could I at least return to my old gamertag? 20ab70ac-a9cc-4b42-a52f-5b07864eeade
  6. How do I recover my username /email associated with my long-time running gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover my username /email associated with my long-time running gamertag?: How do I recover my username /email associated with my long-time running gamertag? ad1ee8e6-71bf-4cf0-aa91-3219d9c40cab
  7. My account got hacked but i recovered it but the hackers had changed my gamertag so i want...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account got hacked but i recovered it but the hackers had changed my gamertag so i want...: My account got hacked but i recovered it but the hackers had changed my gamertag so i want to revert it back. Pls someone help me 2a67077c-60fd-4159-be58-ca3cb1c093df
  8. How do I recover an active gamertag when the email has be deactivated?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover an active gamertag when the email has be deactivated?: I created an account with an email that didn’t belong to me. I got that resolved and switched it to one of my personal emails. I currently had my Xbox damaged due to lightning, but I’m trying to...
  9. Can I recover the email of my lost account whilst only knowing its gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I recover the email of my lost account whilst only knowing its gamertag?: Hello. I haven't had an Xbox in many years but upon purchasing a new one I faced a problem. I can (I believe) remember my old Gamertag, however, upon several login attempts, I have resulted in...
  10. Can I recover my old Gamertag since I no longer have access to my hacked Microsoft email...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I recover my old Gamertag since I no longer have access to my hacked Microsoft email...: I have a vintage game or two that's no longer in circulation and I'd like to add it to my current profile of humanly possible. a1fa0665-ca0b-4510-b56c-64514c1d5e4c