Gamertag reading as inappropiate language.

Discus and support Gamertag reading as inappropiate language. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; 2001? It was 2003 a few posts ago. The enforcement team do not read these forums so you won't get an answer from them. Doesn't matter how you... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FoKuZz, Feb 19, 2014.

  1. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

    Gamertag reading as inappropiate language.


    2001? It was 2003 a few posts ago.

    The enforcement team do not read these forums so you won't get an answer from them.

    Doesn't matter how you pronounce the word,the fact is it can be pronounced another way that is deemed offensive & therefore against the CoC.
     
    Daft Badger, Feb 21, 2014
    #31
  2. FoKuZz
    FoKuZz Guest
    "2001? It was 2003 a few posts ago."

    It was 2003 in my first post, but if you read another reply AFTER that, it was "whenever RTCW came out, I can't remember the year". When I looked up when RTCW came out for Xbox, it was 2001. So 2001 it was, and seeing as how I can't edit the 2003 post
    to show 2001, you're stuck with what you got.

    If the tag I want is considered offensive after the Enforcement team looks into it, that's fine. I'm not trying to out smart the filter or sit and cry about them thinking the way I spell focus is considered offensive. If they come back and say it's offensive,
    than it's offensive and I'll move on. If they deem my current gamertag offensive, I'll change it something else that has to do with FoKuZ like I've had in the past with 0 issues and move on. You people are just random Xbox Live members and have nothing to
    do with the enforcement team, so you're opinion on whether the word is offensive or not truly does not matter to me.

    This was a post that I was told to create for the enforcement team since this is where the enforcement team is at. I didn't make this post for a discussion on whether or not random Xbox Live members thought it was offensive or not, I made this post so the
    Enforcement team could look into why it's looked at as an offensive word and treated the same way as the F Word and B word and C word (which it's clearly not according to the offensive language filter that we've seen here on the Xbox Forums).

    I appreciate you guys bumping my post with your repetitive replies, but this post wasn't made for discussion. This post was made so the enforcement team could look into it for me.
     
    FoKuZz, Feb 21, 2014
    #32
  3. FoKuZz
    FoKuZz Guest
    And since this thread was made for the Enforcement Team and the enforcement team does not read these forums, why are you still replying and bumping this thread to the top? Just let it die.
     
    FoKuZz, Feb 21, 2014
    #33
  4. voteDC
    voteDC Guest

    Gamertag reading as inappropiate language.

    Well just speaking for myself I find this to be an interesting discussion and on a discussion forum such things are great.

    I am genuinely surprised that you don't see the alternate pronunciations of the tags you want and have. The sounds made for 'c' and 'k' are quite different. Which I do apologise if it is not the case, I think you really do know.

    Sadly Support, both phone and chat seem woefully, or worse deliberately, ignorant. They continue to direct people for example to 'report' people on the forum despite it being against the rules of the forum to do so.

    They also want to make sure people leave their session happy, and will quite often give the incorrect information in order to make sure that happens. This sadly ends up with us regular users of the forum being the 'bad-guys' when telling them the truth.

    I wish you all the luck in the world to get the tag you want. But you and I really do know that isn't going to happen.
     
    voteDC, Oct 31, 2018
    #34
  5. THEOWENKILLER Win User

    Gamertag reading as inappropiate language.

    Its not up to me to decide if its offensive i`m just a "random forum user", that`s why i reported it so the enforcement team can decide,seeing as they won`t see it here.
  6. FoKuZz Win User

    Gamertag reading as inappropiate language.

    @voteDC

    I've replied multiple times stating my intentions, and I've replied multiple times stating how FoKuZ isn't considered an offensive word through 3 Xbox Support people I've talked to whether it's been over the phone or online chat. I've also replied multiple
    times stating that if FoKuZ was an offensive word, it would be getting removed everytime it's displayed on these forums just like the F word is.

    I've also replied multiple times stating that I've used FoKuZ since 2001. I've gathered a reputation under this name, whether it's been negative or positive, people recognize my name in random games and it's a good way to get back in contact with people
    that I lost contact with over the years. I'm not changing my name simply because 30% of people say the name incorrectly.

    If the enforcement team ever replies and states I can't use FoKuZ because it's offensive, I'll continue using names that I've never been banned, warned, or forced to change before...because it's not an offensive word. You're pronunciation of the gamertag
    makes it offensive in your world. The other 70% of people on Xbox Live say the name correctly, or say it as "fo-coo-Z", which I explained again in an earlier post.

    Any posts that is not from the enforcement team from here on out will be ignored. You'll most likely be able to find the reply to what you're posting in an earlier post I've made. Everybody is just repeating themselves in this thread. Read the thread
    before you post, most likely somebody already has said what you said and I've already replied.
  7. Auswulf Win User

    Gamertag reading as inappropiate language.

    The way I spell it makes it sound like the f bomb ( slang term when you preform intimate relations with somebody else) and the uz ends as ers. I think you know how it sounds and spells out even though the spelling is different and are just trying to dodge
    the inappropriate word filter. But guess what it has caught you out..
  8. FoKuZz Win User

    Gamertag reading as inappropiate language.

    I'm trying to figure out how you guys are attempting to pronounce the name. Having mods remove my examples of offensive language and not removing FoKuZ pretty much proves my point that FoKuZ is not an offensive word.

    The name is pronounced just like FOCUS, but you just change the C and S to K and Z. FoKuZ. Some people who did not know that it was pronounced Focus has pronouced it "fo-coo-Z". How are you guys attempting to pronounce it?

    I have used the word FoKuZ in my gamertag since 2003 and never had my gamertag force changed.
  9. voteDC Win User

    Gamertag reading as inappropiate language.

    Well just speaking for myself I find this to be an interesting discussion and on a discussion forum such things are great.

    I am genuinely surprised that you don't see the alternate pronunciations of the tags you want and have. The sounds made for 'c' and 'k' are quite different. Which I do apologise if it is not the case, I think you really do know.

    Sadly Support, both phone and chat seem woefully, or worse deliberately, ignorant. They continue to direct people for example to 'report' people on the forum despite it being against the rules of the forum to do so.

    They also want to make sure people leave their session happy, and will quite often give the incorrect information in order to make sure that happens. This sadly ends up with us regular users of the forum being the 'bad-guys' when telling them the truth.

    I wish you all the luck in the world to get the tag you want. But you and I really do know that isn't going to happen.
Thema:

Gamertag reading as inappropiate language.

Loading...
  1. Gamertag reading as inappropiate language. - Similar Threads - Gamertag reading inappropiate

  2. Available for XBOX Insiders: Updates to Gamertags, Game Hubs, and Wishlists

    in XboX Insiders
    Available for XBOX Insiders: Updates to Gamertags, Game Hubs, and Wishlists: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox should let us change gamertags for free after the first time

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox should let us change gamertags for free after the first time: I’ve been on Xbox for years, and I think it’s time we get more flexibility with our gamertags. People grow and change—our names should be able to change with us. Other platforms are starting to...
  4. This is some additional specific feedback and a suggestion for Xbox Gamertags

    in XboX Insiders
    This is some additional specific feedback and a suggestion for Xbox Gamertags: Hey insiders, I have some feedback or a suggestion for what you could add to the weekly polls. It’s about the Xbox Gamertag. I think it should be included in the poll. And this is now a topic...
  5. Make it possible to use special characters in Xbox Gamertags

    in XboX Insiders
    Make it possible to use special characters in Xbox Gamertags: Xbox Gamertags are a big part of our identity as players. Right now, the system only allows letters, numbers, and a few basic symbols. It would be great if players could customize their Gamertags...
  6. Xbox Gamertag Verbesserung Vorschlag

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Gamertag Verbesserung Vorschlag: Hallo Xbox, ich habe einen Verbesserungsvorschlag. Es geht um den Xbox Gamertag. Ich hätte mir gewünscht, dass man bei Xbox Gamertag Sonderzeichen hinzufügen kann, sowie Unterstrich plus Zeichen...
  7. Xbox/Microsoft, & $10.00 Minecraft Gamertags...

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox/Microsoft, & $10.00 Minecraft Gamertags...: Recently I've realized that in order to change your gamertag on Minecraft you have to pay $10 to do so. Well, the first change is free. But, they don't really go out of their way to make it well...
  8. (READ FOR MORE DETAILS) Extremely tied up Xbox Gamertags and Microsoft Accounts

    in XBoX Accessibility
    (READ FOR MORE DETAILS) Extremely tied up Xbox Gamertags and Microsoft Accounts: Account A is linked to Gamertag 1 Account B is linked to Gamertag 2 Account C has no gamertag, but I want to move Gamertag 2 to this one I want to link Gamertag 1 with Account B, and Gamertag 2...
  9. Zyxel Zyxel VSG1432: Hi my gamertag used be Our Terminator please read more

    in XboX Networking Hardware
    Zyxel Zyxel VSG1432: Hi my gamertag used be Our Terminator please read more: Zyxel (Modems/Gateways) Zyxel VSG1432: Hi my gamertag used be Our Terminator please read more You can see why you were suspended here: https://enforcement.xbox.com/Enforcement/ShowEnforcements...
  10. Help Please?, Read the Post Below transfer gamertag to new email

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Help Please?, Read the Post Below transfer gamertag to new email: Hello, I got other main account with wrong birth date, i want to change it to my original birthday but on rockstar social club can't change the birth date to my original, so can i transfer my...