GAMERTAG randomly changed! I’ve lost all my Minecraft stuff!

Discus and support GAMERTAG randomly changed! I’ve lost all my Minecraft stuff! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Please help! I’ve been playing for months on my worlds and realms on Minecraft under my usual gamertag. Today, there was an update on minecraft. After... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KristyCobb1, Aug 13, 2020.

1. KristyCobb1
    KristyCobb1 Guest

Please help! I’ve been playing for months on my worlds and realms on Minecraft under my usual gamertag. Today, there was an update on minecraft. After the update, i was asked to sign in as usual. I attempted to sign in, but it kept saying i had the wrong
    password. So, i reset my password. After finally getting signed in, there was a random gamertag assigned to me. I will stress that i did NOT create an new account. It is my sign in that i have had forever. After signing into minecraft, all my friends were
    gone, and the realm i play on was gone! I am very upset because i have worked so hard, and now im left with nothing! I will also add that i have minecraft PE.

:)

KristyCobb1, Aug 13, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Kristy

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently experiencing difficulties with being able to recover some save data on your account.

When you lost your data, were you playing on console or on your mobile device?

It appears that you may have signed into the wrong account, which means you may have used the wrong email [or phone number] to sign into your account. You could try to review the info on

this
    article for further options you may be able to use.

If you are still able to access your info on the PE edition of Minecraft, then you may be able to see the email that is associated with your account by going into Settings >Profile > Manage who can send you invites.

Alternatively , you can try to sign into a different account on the Xbox website and see if you can identify the correct account this way.

Lastly, if this all fails, you may be able to
    Contact Xbox Customer Support
    , as they would be much better equipped to assist you in this matter further.
  3. KristyCobb1 Win User

I’ve tried all of the above tips to no avail. Im on the phone with customer service now, and have been for over an hour. Im hoping they can fix the issue.
  4. john-216. Win User

gamertag

Hi I have recently lost access to my gamertag on minecraft due to changing my password for my emails is there a way of recovering that account ?
  5. BlaineHunter1 Win User

Gamertag Changed on it’s own! Had the tag “Green”

With all due respect, what are you talking about? My account is not suspended, Xbox randomly changed my gamertag which was very special to me!
  6.  𝔘 Win User

Hardware banned and 1 year communication ban

Yeah i’ve done all of that and i’ll try a appeal. But, i think i got hardware banned from them connecting stuff onto my account because since i got the year ban i haven’t been on xbox since then and randomly came back on with a hardware ban…
Thema:

1. GAMERTAG randomly changed! I’ve lost all my Minecraft stuff! - Similar Threads - GAMERTAG randomly changed

2. Gamertag randomly reset by enforcement and I can't get it changed back.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag randomly reset by enforcement and I can't get it changed back.: Hey everyone, My gamertag was randomly reset a few months ago and I've been trying to change it back. After calling Xbox support multiple times I haven't been able to get this fixed. An agent I...
  3. after i changed my gamertag it contain some random number

in XBoX Accessibility
    after i changed my gamertag it contain some random number: hello so I changed my gamertag and when I changed it it add a 4 number to the end of the gamertag I choose but I don't like it in my games that I am playing I understand that you need to add those...
  4. I changed my Gamertag and then my old Gamertag was put on a random 0 achievement account. Why?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my Gamertag and then my old Gamertag was put on a random 0 achievement account. Why?: I was planning on making a new account and when I changed my Gamertag, my old name was immediately taken and placed on an account with 0 gamerscore. This is the second time it has happened with...
  5. Migrating gives random Xbox gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Migrating gives random Xbox gamertag: Several months after migrating my minecraft account, when I go to log into my Xbox account I see a random gamertag which is not what I migrated with and I cannot sign into my minecraft account on...
  6. Xbox app has me signed in as some random gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox app has me signed in as some random gamertag: I have recently purchased a new laptop and although signed in on Microsoft with my gamertag etc when I tried to log in to the xbox app and hit sign in it signed me in as some random gamertag I...
  7. Random gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Random gamertag change: My son noticed on Christmas night that his gamertag had changed. It went from a two word gamertag, one he'd chosen himself, to a set of 2 letters and 4 numbers. We checked his purchase history,...
  8. Cannot change random gamertag without paying

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot change random gamertag without paying: Hey all So I downloaded Halo Infinite via steam to try out the multiplayer. I noticed I had some randomly generated gamertag which I thought was weird. I wanted to change the gamertag but it...
  9. I changed my gamertag but did not notice the "customize" text for random number,help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag but did not notice the "customize" text for random number,help!: Hi sorry for my bad english, I changed my gamertag for forza horizon 4 , but i did not notice the customize text in front of the name.I want to delete that number but i can't do it.I looked at...
  10. Random Xbox Gamertag associated with my Microsoft Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random Xbox Gamertag associated with my Microsoft Account: I have two microsoft accounts, one for work/professional purposes, and another that I use strictly for gaming purposes. My gaming account utilizes a separate email address and is properly linked...