GamerTag question (bit long sorry)

Discus and support GamerTag question (bit long sorry) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So i have my own GT, my sons had a GT using one of my old email addresses lets say its called SB, I decided to make both my sons their own email... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by InkedAngel86, Nov 22, 2015.

1. InkedAngel86
    InkedAngel86 Guest

So i have my own GT, my sons had a GT using one of my old email addresses lets say its called SB, I decided to make both my sons their own email address'...I changed the email address on the SB account then changed the GT (i added 2 numbers at the end) so
    it became a whole new GT...now the strange part is, the GT that was used with one of my old emails now has a whole new GT name...why is this? shouldnt it of just stayed as SB or am i missing something here? Its changed to a random name that xbox give out

:)

InkedAngel86, Nov 22, 2015
  2. BigPete7978
    BigPete7978 Guest
    Ran into an issue with backwards compatible games. (Please Help.)

Maybe give it a bit of time? How long has it been since you changed your Gamertag? It may take a bit for it to backtrack? Not really sure tbh.

BigPete7978, Nov 22, 2015
  3. Xbox gamertag transfer help

Hi i have a question about gamertag transfer from the 360 to the one and i know i can find this anywhere but my situation is a bit different. My 360 has never been connected to the internet but obviously my xbox one has, so can I transfer my 360 gamertag/gamerscore to my current xbox one gamertag/gamerscore?

Thanks for any help

ShadowFantasy21, Nov 22, 2015
  4. Danno McK.
    Danno McK. Guest

[quote user="InkedAngel86"]...my sons had a GT using one of my old email addresses lets say its called SB...

I changed the email address on the SB account then changed the GT (i added 2 numbers at the end) so it became a whole new GT...

now the strange part is, the GT that was used with one of my old emails now has a whole new GT name...why is this? [/quote]

I think I've cut this down to the key points. Your son had a gamertag you call SB, using OldEmail. You changed the email address; gamertag SB now uses NewEmail, and OldEmail has no gamertag at all.

You changed the gamertag to (we'll say) SB99, so you have gamertag SB99 on NewEmail. At this point, the original gamertag, SB, no longer exists (and could be changed to by any account on Xbox Live if they happen to think up that name).

If you now sign in to Xbox Live with OldEmail, it will generate a new gamertag with the random name as you said, and no gaming history. The old gamertag SB became SB99 (with all the history); SB stopped existing then.

Danno McK., Nov 22, 2015
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: