Gamertag Numbers attached to name?

Discus and support Gamertag Numbers attached to name? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I understand why numbers are added to names that are already being used. But why are they attached to my name like I typed them in when I did not?... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Rhino Taurus, Jan 8, 2024.

1. Rhino Taurus
    Rhino Taurus Guest

I understand why numbers are added to names that are already being used. But why are they attached to my name like I typed them in when I did not? Games like Call of duty have this same thing but the Numbers don't show on the gamertag and when it dose the "Gamertag#67564" as an example font is different so it's obvious it is not part of the gamertag. Yes when I go to change the gamertag (at first assuming I made A mistake) it say "Current gamertag "RhinoTaurus#7047" but it dose not show up like that in games and yes I did launch multiple games to see if it was just that game but no.

:)

Rhino Taurus, Jan 8, 2024
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Gamertag

As a lot of people wanted to have "already taken" Gamertags, Microsoft changed the system so everyone could get the Gamertag they want, with a number tag attached like on Battle.net or on Discord.

While Microsoft transitions to that new format, a lot of current and older games and the dashboard will show your name with the number.

Going forward, the number will be displayed smaller and not as prominently, so you *ARE* "Major", but to differntiate you from other "Majors" there is now a smaller number attached to it, which will show less prominently in the future.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

There is a innactive account

With the upcoming Gamertag system changes, you can get your desired gamertag, even if someone else is already using it.

Xbox will then use the same naming scheme like Discord or Battle.net, where a number is attached to the Gamertag, but it will be shown less prominently.

So you can get "envy#0001" for example.
  4. Zask Win User

Error on gamertag ? (Halo MCC)

I also have a similar issue. When I originally changed my gamertag from the random one to this one and was told everything was ok. Everything went through just fine and I received a #number behind my name. I initially thought this was just an extra identifier
    but now my ingame name has the number directly attached to it instead of being an extra identifier.
  5. SammyVS Win User

Halo Infinite Gamer Tag...

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

New Xbox players or those who want to change their gamertag can claim one of their choice, up to 12 characters. If a gamertag is already taken, a suffix with numbers is attached to differentiate you from other people with the same gamertag. Suffixes are subtle so that the focus is on the name you chose, but they are always shown.
  6. SylvorOnix Win User

Gamertag issue

Below ...Ambassador Njal the Blue may have the correct response about the numbers attached to the end of the gamertag. If a credit was given it would be as a courtesy due to the change in gamertag policy.
Thema:

1. Gamertag Numbers attached to name? - Similar Threads - Gamertag Numbers attached

2. Remove numbers in gamertag/minecraft username

in XBoX Accessibility
    Remove numbers in gamertag/minecraft username: I made my current account without realizing I already had one with the same username so this one got the numbers. I have changed the username of the first account to something different so it...
  3. How do I remove those 4 other numbers from my gamertag without paying?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remove those 4 other numbers from my gamertag without paying?: I wanted to change my user but I didn't read that there would be a random set of numbers so now my user is stuck as Gabo4663 6d0db505-4491-4566-9f66-94d3566d647b
  4. I get forced to have 4 numbers in gamertag, even though name isn’t taken

in XBoX Accessibility
    I get forced to have 4 numbers in gamertag, even though name isn’t taken: So I have two microsoft accounts. One setup for minecraft, one for almost all other games i play. The thing is, I have a new gamertag I use on other platforms, and so while I try to change my...
  5. Removing extra numbers on gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Removing extra numbers on gamertag: So I like my gamertag the way that it's supposed to be but I did a light change to it and now there's extra Numbers at the end and it just totally defaces my numbers that I added and blends in it...
  6. Gamertag added automaticaly the numbers 8735

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag added automaticaly the numbers 8735: I wanted to name myself flexie9400 a few minutes ago, but because the name was alredy taken, they added 4 extra letters without me knowing. im 12 years old and i want my old naeme bak StaniHunter...
  7. How do I add a suffix number to my gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I add a suffix number to my gamertag?: I can’t seem to view the my suffix numbers on the app or the web app so it is either that I can’t view or I don’t have any 24e4488f-1341-4d55-ae19-50746be6897b
  8. My gamertag is unique but I still got the numbers at the end

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamertag is unique but I still got the numbers at the end: Hi my gamertag is in my old account so when I used the same gamertag on my new one I got the numbers at the end but then I changed my old account gamertag and deleted it but I still have the...
  9. after i changed my gamertag it contain some random number

in XBoX Accessibility
    after i changed my gamertag it contain some random number: hello so I changed my gamertag and when I changed it it add a 4 number to the end of the gamertag I choose but I don't like it in my games that I am playing I understand that you need to add those...
  10. Why does Minecraft show Xbox Gamertag’s hashtag number?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft show Xbox Gamertag’s hashtag number?: I have changed my gamertag via the Xbox website. But it shows “SvmmyTvlhv4531” instead of “SvmmyTvlhv”. I opened the “Change Gamertag” option and it says that You have the same...