Gamertag not available after logging out?

Discus and support Gamertag not available after logging out? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was making a gamertag for my wife and it was available but when we were choosing her profile pic I logged out of the screen, and then all of a sudden... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FunnieApple, May 28, 2024.

1. FunnieApple
    FunnieApple Guest

I was making a gamertag for my wife and it was available but when we were choosing her profile pic I logged out of the screen, and then all of a sudden it wasn't available anymore. Even though it says it is everywhere else. There is no way someone took the very specific, to her name gamertag in the moment when we made it up at 12 at night in the 2 seconds I accidently logged out, so what's the deal why can't we use the name anymore??

:)

FunnieApple, May 28, 2024
  2. FunnieApple Win User

Thank you, we used it with the numbers to our dismay because we had no other choice, I will try to change it tomorrow and see if it allows it to be used without the numbers added to the end.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Give it a little bit of time and then try again. If you were using the changing system to see if it's available, it'll reserve the tag for a short time thinking you were about to use it. Since it got disrupted, the system may still be holding onto it for a short time.
  4. Daft Badger Win User

Get the name of a banned account.

Afraid not.

Gamertags are not made available on demand.

As of last year,if a gamertag does not log in for 5 years then it is made available although i'm not sure whether that applies to banned gamertags.
  5. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox gamertags

The gamertag text field can immediately check if a gamertag is available, or you can select a randomly generated gamertag if you want to get to playing right away.

Please note that if a gamertag is not available, it is not available. Xbox Support cannot release gamertags from allegedly inactive users by request. Gamertags are only released if the owner has not logged into their Microsoft account for five straight years,
    and some people do keep their account active by logging into other services (Office, Outlook, etc).
  6. bfbcAnch Win User

Gamertag not available after checking for availability

This is strange. Today I bought Batman Arkham City for PC and was asked to log in to LIVE. I did that and I noticed that you could change the Gamertag from there as well. So I entered the excact same name that was first availible, then taken, yesterday.

And today it worked for some reason. Does anyone know why this happened?
Thema:

1. Gamertag not available after logging out? - Similar Threads - Gamertag available logging

2. How to make a fresh microsft account with no gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make a fresh microsft account with no gamertag: I need to know for my account recovery I'm stuck on make a fresh account for account recovery but I signed into outlook emails thro the email will that immediately associated a xbox gamertag I...
  3. Gamertag

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag: I'm looking for a new gamertag I currently have ZombieMom but I don't know if it's good or not. I love batman and zombies I'm a streamer I stream on twitch and post stuff on youtube and tiktok any...
  4. How do i exit the "Change Xbox Gamertag"

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i exit the "Change Xbox Gamertag": i am stuck on the "Change Xbox Gamertag" and i cant leave it even if i go to "https://social.xbox.com/profile" and i would like to know how to leave the screen bbe80b5e-113f-4686-a882-7c9a530120c7
  5. gamertag on new account not avaliable

in XboX Insiders
    gamertag on new account not avaliable: ive made a new account and the gamertag that i want to put on it is avaliable, but when i try to change it puts the hashtag and numbers after it, the gamertag hasnt got any spaces and isnt...
  6. Can I change my Gamertag after accidentally picking it during the “check availability”

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my Gamertag after accidentally picking it during the “check availability”: Hi, I just learned of my free Gamertag change and while exploring different options of what my name could be changed to, and what is and isn’t available or has been used by others I selected an...
  7. Setting a previously taken but now available Gamertag as mine without suffix?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Setting a previously taken but now available Gamertag as mine without suffix?: Hey y'all! I was able to log in into my old Xbox account which had an OG username I would really like to set as my name on my active account. Since there is the new system that gives you a suffix...
  8. how long does it take for a gamertag to become available

in XBoX Accessibility
    how long does it take for a gamertag to become available: i have 2 microsoft accounts, 1 was for minecraft and the other is for everything else.around a year ago i changed the username of account 1 and made account 2s name the same as the first account,...
  9. Gamertag availability

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag availability: So I've come to find out that the original account that claimed the gamertag that I want has not been active in forever. Their account is obviously very old. Could I contact Microsoft about...
  10. changing "gamertag with #" to "same gamertag without #" when I know it is 100% available

in XBoX Accessibility
    changing "gamertag with #" to "same gamertag without #" when I know it is 100% available: I know the name is 100% available, but it says my account owns it already even though I only own a version with the # at the end. Is there any way to remove the numbers without me having to change...