Gamertag no longer connected to account

Discus and support Gamertag no longer connected to account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When migrating my old Mojang account to Microsoft I was prompted to create a new gamertag. This came as a surprise, as I have a gamertag already! I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rick Bolton1, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Rick Bolton1
    Rick Bolton1 Guest

When migrating my old Mojang account to Microsoft I was prompted to create a new gamertag. This came as a surprise, as I have a gamertag already! I just haven’t played or bought anything since my Xbox 360 was last plugged in.

I found my gamertag on https://xboxgamertag.com/search/, so it still exists and doesn’t appear to have been hijacked or anything. I also know my current email address was associated with the account, as I used to receive email comms addressed to my gamertag and still have them. I don’t care that much about keeping the name, but obviously I’d like to make sure that all my Xbox Live purchases are still on my account.

:)

Rick Bolton1, Jul 25, 2023
  2. HomegrownSilky Win User

How long ago was the last time that you had logged in to the Xbox account?

After a certain amount of time has passed with an account being inactive, it will get permanently shut down. It will still show up in searches but will be unable to be accessed.
  3. Rick Bolton1 Win User

Thanks for trying, but it’s definitely my gamertag that has vanished. I created a new one when prompted and my old avatar, achievements, purchases et cetera are all gone.

My concern is that my gamertag may have been created from an old hotmail address I no longer use or have access to, even though clearly I must have linked it to my gmail address later.
  4. Miguel Molina O Win User

Hi, I'm Miguel, community expert, I may not be an employee of Xbox, but I see you need some help, I'm Happy to help you.

I started to investigate a bit about the subject, from what I see it is an issue that there are two terms for your name Gamertag and Profile Name

After an update, the distinction of both was made, but in the same way there is nothing to worry about, your account is still safe, I share a photo where they mention all this information and I also share the link to the official Minecraft Help Center page where they explain this situation in detail

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/44...

[​IMG]
  5. Miguel Molina O Win User

Is there something I can help you with? An apology for not having solved your problem
  6. Paperjoex2 Win User

Gamertag change question.

Once a gamertag is banned you lose everything on that account. The gamertag will no longer be avialable for any account to use.
Thema:

1. Gamertag no longer connected to account - Similar Threads - Gamertag longer connected

2. My Gamertag is linked to an EA account that I no longer am able to manage and I'm unable to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Gamertag is linked to an EA account that I no longer am able to manage and I'm unable to...: My current gamertag is linked to an EA account I created from my Xbox 360 13 years ago to play one of the early Battlefront games. My personal info and email address have since changed and I no...
  3. Can I recover my old Gamertag since I no longer have access to my hacked Microsoft email...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I recover my old Gamertag since I no longer have access to my hacked Microsoft email...: I have a vintage game or two that's no longer in circulation and I'd like to add it to my current profile of humanly possible. a1fa0665-ca0b-4510-b56c-64514c1d5e4c
  4. Recovery old gamertag, no longer have access to email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recovery old gamertag, no longer have access to email address: Recovery old gamer tag, no longer have access to email address. I had this gamer tag for over 15 years now. I want to be able to recover it because of the memories and Gamerscore associated with...
  5. I have an old gamertag i no longer use. Is it possible to remove it from my microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old gamertag i no longer use. Is it possible to remove it from my microsoft...: I have an old gamertag i no longer use connected to my microsoft account. The current gamertag i use is conected to an old email address that is expired. Is it possible to remove the old gamertag...
  6. Microsoft account linked to gamertag no longer exists

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account linked to gamertag no longer exists: Hi, my problem is a bit more complex than the options listed in all of the automated support routes. I used to have an account where I played xbox back in the day of xbox 360 console. It was...
  7. Longer Gamertag for older systems

in XBoX on Windows
    Longer Gamertag for older systems: Hi there, i was unaware of the single change limit on gamertag (that's free). but wouldn't mind it so much except the only game I play uses the old style which will by default append the number....
  8. Migrate Xbox gamertag - no access to email address created under any longer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Migrate Xbox gamertag - no access to email address created under any longer: I am trying to pull my 15 year Xbox gamertag to my new account as I no longer have access to the email that I created it under so I cannot access. I have a new Xbox account and want to pull that...
  9. Wanted my Xbox gamertag shortened, now its only longer.

in XBoX on Windows
    Wanted my Xbox gamertag shortened, now its only longer.: My original Gamertag was 4. Today, I decided to change it to , since it appeared that the Gamertag was available. After I changed it, I realized that now it is 974, which is now 2 digits longer...
  10. I need my old gamertag back but it was longer than twelve letters but before you were able...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need my old gamertag back but it was longer than twelve letters but before you were able...: Hi I really really need my old gamertag back I wasn't aware that I would never be able to get it back. It would mean the world for me please anyone on xbox support I beg you please anyone please...