Gamertag has been Stolen

Discus and support Gamertag has been Stolen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I woke up this morning to find someone who had copied my name with 3 y's on the end of Reidy instead of two and then he is claiming to be me he is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by eL Reidyy x, Jan 9, 2014.

1. eL Reidyy x
    eL Reidyy x Guest

Gamertag has been Stolen

Hi, I woke up this morning to find someone who had copied my name with 3 y's on the end of Reidy instead of two and then he is claiming to be me he is on a silver membership and he has been giving me hassle my friends are reporting him but i would like to
    know whether there is a quicker way to make him change his gamertag as it has really annoyed me how he has stolen my gamertag and information,

Many Thanks,

:)

eL Reidyy x, Jan 9, 2014
  2. KILLERHEDAKE
    KILLERHEDAKE Guest
    Someone stole my gamertag

Gamertags are part of the service Microsoft provides for Xbox360. The gamertag is part of the intellectual property of Microsoft and in no part is ever "owned" by a member. No two gamertags can exist at the same time and rarely does Microsoft ever delete
    gamertags or recycle them, so if its been used find something similar but different. It can feel like something has been "stolen" from you and that can be annoying or upsetting but nothing has been stolen from you. .

KILLERHEDAKE, Jan 9, 2014
  3. Is there a way to tell if gamertag is banned without console?

Yea so basically the console has been stolen and don't want to enter the gamertag only for the new console to be banned.

blackflag5150, Jan 9, 2014
  4. Gamertag has been Stolen

This isn't "theft" it's a unique ID and therefore perfectly fine. If the user is harassing you via Xbox LIVE feel free to file an appropriate complaint on the console. There's nothing else you can do.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 9, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Gamertag has been Stolen