Gamerpic selfie

Discus and support Gamerpic selfie in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Although I don't think I'd use it myself, I agree that in this day and age not allowing a photo due to the fear of inappropriate content is a bit... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sword Style, Mar 3, 2014.

  1. Gamerpic selfie


    Although I don't think I'd use it myself, I agree that in this day and age not allowing a photo due to the fear of inappropriate content is a bit silly.

    Plus it's always fun to finally put a face to a gamertag, especially if you've been chatting to them for so many years and never seen them.
     
    DigitalAssassin, Mar 3, 2014
    #16
  2. Just as a counter-example: many schools, libraries, etc. still limit what you can & can't see on the Internet through a filtering process. MS is simply doing something similar. It protects people from unwanted, unsavory content & saves the company time,
    money, & resources for simply not implementing features that allow for that kind of thing to happen in the 1st place - you can still have customization without having to go that far.

    If you want to put a face to someone's GT, Skype them. Gamerpic selfie ;)
     
    Galactic Geek, Mar 3, 2014
    #17
  3. kingvas78
    kingvas78 Guest
    I think it would be a good idea. Take a pic of your pet, family, anything for your gamerpic.

    -

    Even the mention of "well..... what if..." and "Think of the children!!".... lame. If people are that worried then im sure crawling back under the rock they came out of is the only option....

    -

    personally, I would be all over this feature, it would be a great idea!
     
    kingvas78, Mar 3, 2014
    #18
  4. Gamerpic selfie

    @GG - If MS wanted to filter they could have a setting on the account that block all user created content or something to that effect, which gamerpics taken by the Kinect would fall into. Then young ones have no worries of ever running into rude parts on
    their screen.

    There are ways around it and I think if MS lead the way it would just be another plus for the Xbox One. Also I'm not into skying people I don't personally know, but it's still fun to know what someone looks like and twitter does a pretty good job at that
    anyway.
     
    DigitalAssassin, Mar 3, 2014
    #19
  5. xenomorph v1
    xenomorph v1 Guest
    Well... I kinda agree with Sword, although I personally wouldn't post a pic of myself.

    I'm sure some of you remember our p*rn gif guy that was flooding these very forums with explicit gifs? So how come the forums didn't get shut down? I mean the guy was at it posting for 7-8 hours before they finally shut him down.

    Like Eggnogga said, have an approval system if you want to upload your own pic. Not everyone would do it, so I can't see that it wouldn't be manageable.

    Good luck with that guys.
     
    xenomorph v1, Mar 3, 2014
    #20
  6. Def Oso
    Def Oso Guest
    This idea makes too much sense, won't happen!
     
    Def Oso, Mar 3, 2014
    #21
  7. Sword Style
    Sword Style Guest
    While the notion of an approval system is on the right track, I think. That would require man power. Not to mention some people like to change their profile pic every 5 minutes. As has been mentioned above, a simple option to block all user generated content
    would shield anyone who is afraid of seeing something bad. And honestly, I don't even think that would be used much with the exception of parents with small children.
     
    Sword Style, Mar 3, 2014
    #22
  8. Gamerpic selfie

    They allowed it on the 360 so i see no reason for them not to do the same on the Xone.
     
    GaryWinteringham, Mar 3, 2014
    #23
  9. Sword Style
    Sword Style Guest
    Well it would be a little different than it was on the 360. With that, only people on your friends list could see your personal picture. And even then it was just a small thumbnail. On the Xbox One, when you click on someone's profile, their gamerpic takes
    up half your TV screen. I think it would be cool if instead of looking at some generic drawing that thousands of other people are also using, you could use a picture of yourself, or your dog, or your favorite collectors edition barbie doll.
     
    Sword Style, Mar 3, 2014
    #24
  10. ^Hahaha, how did you know about my barbie collection!
     
    DigitalAssassin, Mar 3, 2014
    #25
  11. At 1 point, I used my Xbox vision camera to showcase a really awesome sketch drawing of Yoda as my gamerpic. It was awesome!

    I'd also like to state that I'm not against the idea (just playing devil's advocate), but it does need to be done right. The idea of blocking said content in advance is an idea that sits well with me, but then again, I'm not the 1 you need to convince -
    it's solely up to MS.
     
    Galactic Geek, Oct 31, 2018
    #26
  12. GaryWinteringham Win User

    Gamerpic selfie

    They allowed it on the 360 so i see no reason for them not to do the same on the Xone.
  13. Eggnogga Win User

    Gamerpic selfie

    On one hand, I understand why they should just block it outright. A lot of children use the Xbox and this would prevent them from ever seeing those images.

    On the other hand, nearly every social media website that is out there includes a profile picture with your face on it.

    Perhaps, MS could implement some kind of approval system? Take picture, upload, needs to get approved, then it's your gamertag pic.
  14. xXCamhawkXx Win User

    Gamerpic selfie

    The pixels that my gamerpic would take up on your screen would never work again... I've been told I have a face for radio. :)
  15. xenomorph v1 Win User

    Gamerpic selfie

    Well... I kinda agree with Sword, although I personally wouldn't post a pic of myself.

    I'm sure some of you remember our p*rn gif guy that was flooding these very forums with explicit gifs? So how come the forums didn't get shut down? I mean the guy was at it posting for 7-8 hours before they finally shut him down.

    Like Eggnogga said, have an approval system if you want to upload your own pic. Not everyone would do it, so I can't see that it wouldn't be manageable.

    Good luck with that guys.
  16. DigitalAssassin Win User

    Gamerpic selfie

    @GG - If MS wanted to filter they could have a setting on the account that block all user created content or something to that effect, which gamerpics taken by the Kinect would fall into. Then young ones have no worries of ever running into rude parts on
    their screen.

    There are ways around it and I think if MS lead the way it would just be another plus for the Xbox One. Also I'm not into skying people I don't personally know, but it's still fun to know what someone looks like and twitter does a pretty good job at that
    anyway.
Thema:

Gamerpic selfie

Loading...
  1. Gamerpic selfie - Similar Threads - Gamerpic selfie

  2. Friends-Only Gamerpic & Alternate Public Gamerpic

    in XboX Insiders
    Friends-Only Gamerpic & Alternate Public Gamerpic: Friends-Only Gamerpic is a privacy feature that allows players to display their custom gamerpic exclusively to people on their friends list, while everyone else sees an Alternate Public Gamerpic...
  3. Add support for custom profile backgrounds on Xbox (not just Gamerpic)

    in XboX Insiders
    Add support for custom profile backgrounds on Xbox (not just Gamerpic): Right now, Xbox profiles only allow us to change the Gamerpic, but the background behind the profile is static and not customizable. It would be awesome to let players change their profile...
  4. Add background customization behind Gamerpic

    in XboX Insiders
    Add background customization behind Gamerpic: The area behind the Gamerpic on Xbox profiles is plain and not customizable. Suggestions: – Let users choose a background color or gradient – Add patterns, dynamic effects, or game-themed...
  5. Bring back Xbox 360 Gamerpics on Xbox Series X|S

    in XboX Insiders
    Bring back Xbox 360 Gamerpics on Xbox Series X|S: I used several Gamerpics on my Xbox 360 that I’d love to use again on my Xbox Series X|S. Unfortunately, many of them are no longer available or selectable, even though they were once part of my...
  6. Mehr Anpassungsmöglichkeiten für den Profilhintergrund hinter dem Gamerpic was hinter dem...

    in XboX Insiders
    Mehr Anpassungsmöglichkeiten für den Profilhintergrund hinter dem Gamerpic was hinter dem...: Aktuell ist das Xbox-Profil relativ schlicht gehalten – besonders der Bereich hinter dem Profilbild (Gamerpic) ist immer einfarbig und nicht individuell anpassbar. Mein Vorschlag: – Möglichkeit,...
  7. Xbox Custom Gamerpic Change not working

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Custom Gamerpic Change not working: I am a person who changes their gamerpic a lot because Im autistic and I like changing my pfp a lot. And this happened a few times before but I tried changing my gamerpic to a custom picture which...
  8. Why cant I make my gamerpic my avatar on xbox 360 when I have accessories on that I got...

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant I make my gamerpic my avatar on xbox 360 when I have accessories on that I got...: Hi, so for some reason when I put on a avatar accessorie I got from a game for free it wont let me set my avatar as my gamer pic on my xbox 360, I don't know if this is something on my end but it...
  9. Could we have Xbox 360 Gamerpics available on the Xbox One/Series store?

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Could we have Xbox 360 Gamerpics available on the Xbox One/Series store?: Allow us to be able to purchase xbox 360 gamerpics on xbox one/series x for those who dont have or cant afford the xbox 360. bcc80a2c-c4fc-4f2a-9488-f55efee71808
  10. Why can I not use a custom gamerpic for a non-adult account?

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can I not use a custom gamerpic for a non-adult account?: I want to use a custom minecraft skin head icon for my gamerpic but I've read that this is only available for adult accounts. Why? at the very least, can't there be an option for an adult family...