Gamer Tag Picking Trouble

Discus and support Gamer Tag Picking Trouble in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I need help, I want to change my gamer tag but someone has made an account with that name, I'm pretty sure it is an abandoned account, is there... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Vinyli0n, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Vinyli0n
    Vinyli0n Guest

I need help, I want to change my gamer tag but someone has made an account with that name, I'm pretty sure it is an abandoned account, is there anything I can do?

:)

Vinyli0n, Jan 25, 2014
  2. Zehq
    Zehq Guest
    Pick up the tags!

Picking up your tags: 250p

Picking up your own kill tags: 50p

Picking up team-mates kill tags: 50p

Picking up red tags: 50p

Teammate picks up your own kill tags(the tags on the minimap): 50p

Boosting by picking up your own tags is amazing good, that's how people boost to level 80 in a few matches.

3. SILKYJJ
    SILKYJJ Guest
    Idea for NEW Game Mode

I think a kill confirmed type game but you ONLY get your killstreaks from picking up the tags, and the scoreboard will only reflect how many tags you pick up, not kills. This should get rid of tag camping, and create a much more action filled game, people
    will actually be fighting for tags.

SILKYJJ, Jan 25, 2014
  4. iNb4 Ownage
    iNb4 Ownage Guest

Hey there Vinyli0n!

Apologies, but no. There is no way to get a gamertag that has already been taken rather someone is using it or not. There are several other services that also use Xbox Gamertags, so it may not be abandoned.

iNb4 Ownage, Jan 25, 2014
  5. iNb4 Ownage Win User

Hey there Vinyli0n!

Apologies, but no. There is no way to get a gamertag that has already been taken rather someone is using it or not. There are several other services that also use Xbox Gamertags, so it may not be abandoned.
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Gamertag Change

ok so the only way to get a free gamertag change is if you where issued and default gamer tag by the system.

if you picked your own gamertag when you first started the account then that was your free gamer tag pick.

so in your case you will need to pay for the gamer tag that you typed in yourself.
  7. Honda Man 04 Win User

Xbox gamertag

The only way to avoid the number/suffix after your gamer tag is to pick an unique one. The number indicates that there is someone else with that gamer tag and it helps others to distinguish between the players.
  8. meresidesoldier Win User

Xbox bio won’t show up

Trouble shoot youyoure connection and delete and re download youre gamer tag
  9. Paololo720 Win User

Trouble with my gamer tag

You get one free gamertag change.When you create a account you are given a random gamertag,you can change from that random tag to one of your choosing for free.

As you have already used your one time free name change any other changes must be paid for.
    Thanks for answering

Yes, I know, I created my account and it gave me a random user name, e.g. Whatever123, then I change it to Palolo720, and after a few time it automatically changed to without me doing anything.
Thema:

1. Gamer Tag Picking Trouble - Similar Threads - Gamer Tag Picking

2. When are Xbox going to take action against dupe gamer tags

in XBoX on Consoles
    When are Xbox going to take action against dupe gamer tags: Hello, I was wondering if Xbox was going to do anything about the duplicate gamer tags that are out there. I have a gamer tag that I want to un-space but can’t because there’s a duplicate of it...
  3. Lost a friend after he changed gamer tags he sent me a msg but i accidentally deleted it an...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Lost a friend after he changed gamer tags he sent me a msg but i accidentally deleted it an...: Lost a friend after he changed gamer tags he sent me a msg but i accidentally deleted it an now i cant find him please help me get that msg back so i can find him...
  4. Gamer tag greyed out when try to sign on Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamer tag greyed out when try to sign on Xbox live: I have a Xbox 360 when I try to sign in to play black ops 2 when I click xbox live for multiplayer the gamertag pops up and won't let me click on it cause its greyed out and also when I do sign...
  5. I have 2 gamer tags with the same email. I cannot get my old gamer tag to work. Please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have 2 gamer tags with the same email. I cannot get my old gamer tag to work. Please help: I have 2 gamer tags with the same email. How do I use my original db77b83e-9c0b-4428-9cdf-52b1308c73d0
  6. gamer tag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    gamer tag change: Hi all. I singed in my xbox account on one of the kids ipad to download a purchased item on Minecraft PE. Somehow they managed to change my gamertag from one I have had for 15+ years completely...
  7. Is it possible to migrate a 360 gamer tag to my new Microsoft account and still play my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to migrate a 360 gamer tag to my new Microsoft account and still play my...: Hi guys, I have an old 360 account which is connected to my parents old email which he no longer has access too. On this account I have a number of purchased games I would like to access. I still...
  8. My gamer tag has reverted back to a very old account that I don’t use

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamer tag has reverted back to a very old account that I don’t use: My Xbox account has reverted back to a very old gamer tag and can not get any one from Xbox or sort it out. Never buying another Xbox terrible support 95d20364-8e99-4d5b-a299-55587a0f3b31
  9. My xbox one gamer tag isn’t the same as my xbox 360 gamer tag. is there any way i can...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox one gamer tag isn’t the same as my xbox 360 gamer tag. is there any way i can...: i recently changed my gamertag on the 360 and it didn’t change on the xbox one. how can i fix this or is there a way to fix it be8619c2-63f0-4010-bf06-22a87e06630c
  10. Why do Microsoft charge for changing a gamer tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do Microsoft charge for changing a gamer tag: the only benefit I see is greed by a big corporation absolutely scandalous there is no reason for this charge you should be allowed to change it once a year for free...