Gamer hurling foul and abusive at a 7 year old kid, then his Mum

Discus and support Gamer hurling foul and abusive at a 7 year old kid, then his Mum in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Today, I was appauled and horrified by the behaviour of a gamer towards fellow gamers in a game of Fifa15 on Xbox One. It was in a lobby of a Pro... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DigiSlob, Jan 10, 2015.

1. DigiSlob
    DigiSlob Guest

Today, I was appauled and horrified by the behaviour of a gamer towards fellow gamers in a game of Fifa15 on Xbox One.

It was in a lobby of a Pro Clubs Drop In game before the start of the match.

This offending gamer, deciding that a voice he heard in the lobby sounded 'babyish', proceeded to hurl abuse that voice. Words like "C**k" and "f**k" were clearly heard by us and heard by the victim's mum, that responded to to the barrage of abuse.

The young woman, firmly told the abusive gamer to stop the language because she didn't want her 7 year old son learning those words. The same 7 year old son that was in the lobby, to play an innocent game of Fifa.

Some might say the kid that young shouldnt be online on Fifa, but when you have a 3+ age rating on a game, that arguement is flawed.

Regardless, after the mother on the kid clearly identified herself to the abusive gamer, the gamer decided to hurl abusive at the mother instead of doing the mature and adult thing of apologising and turning off his mic. Instead, it was "f**k off" "f**k
    you" "f**k your gran" ...... etc etc.

By this time, the game still hadn't started, we were still in the lobby. The abusing gamer was cursing and abusive this mother continously, that she got frustrated and became abusive back, like any of us would.

Before it escalated, i stepped in to try to diffuse the situation, calling on the abusive gamer to be quiet, apologise and turn off his mic. Instead he targeted me as well. I should know better, but I don't give it to bullies and i don't take any .... abuse.

After several attempts to ask him to stop, the mother thanked me for trying to help and left the lobby as the game started.

The abusive gamer hadn't realised this, knowing that the gamer account he was originally targeting was on the other team. proceeded to say "She's on the other team now, i wont be able to talk until we score, then I'll get the daft b*itch then".

I, unfortunately was on the same time as him, he was still hurling abusive at me when I told him to show respect to fellow gamers. I got frustrated and wasn't backing down. he got abuse back. Not the wisest thing to do, but i refuse to be abuse and bullied.

When he realised he couldn't win in abuse, he threatened physical violence.

That didn't worry me, being 6ft 9", i'm not a timid little pussycat. But I did realise then to the adult thing, leave the game, find out who he ws then report the behaviour.

Problem is ........ we don't know who is do we!

There was 8 people in the Fifa lobby, each gamer had the mic symbol on. Some weren't talking, 3 of us were. yet you couldn't tell which voice corresponded to witch gamertag.

In the game, it was easier to find him, he was playing Goalie. I looked at the name above the player and went to match it on the 'recent players' lis. in the last 20 players the name didn't match. Of course EA and Fifa gives the option to display an alternate
    name when playing online to "protect" the gamer's identity. Which is being abused and wrongly used as anonymity to hide behind to get away with malicious and abusive behaviour.

So i'm left with a list of players, one abusive gamer that needs reporting, a victim of that abuse and 18 innocent gamers.
    Who do I report??

Obviously I doubt anything can be done know and I truly wish I never run into that idiot again. But something has to change in the mentality of gamers and the reasonability of game publishers and developers.and console manufacturers.I

I the first person to know that gamers get frustrated and curse out of frustration. On adult rated, games 18+ and over, you are forgiven to think there are no young children in those games so there is a bit more freedom to watch what you say. But some gamers
    have become bullies and the anonimity that is afforded to gamers is responsible.

If others knew who you were, your actions would be complete different.

Not saying that everyone should know who everyone is and we must, at all costs, protect our younger gaming members. But we most not allow abusive and bully gamers to think they are untouchable or it will escalate.

I don't know what the solution is. But they has to be an easier way to identity the abusive gamers than having to go into different parts of the system, to track them down and even then, sometimes, have no idea ... so you can report the behaviour. Only thing
    left is to report all the gamers in the lobbies when abuse is heard, because the system is flawed.

I've been gaming for 30 years. I'm proud to be apart of the original generation of gamers. I get abuse for that by the current younger gaming generation, because they somehow are better? gaming is age limited?? they wont be gaming in 10-15 years time???
    Online gaming is a wonderful achievement and some people spoil it. I hope their immature and obnoxious attitudes and behaviour do not eventually taint it where it isn't worth bothering with.

Game of gaming is meant to be enjoyable for all. If you want to be a ****, go and talk to yourself in the mirror and leave the rest of us to have fun.

Game on!!

:)

DigiSlob, Jan 10, 2015
  2. gamer complaint

A man and his 10-year-old stepson are tag-teaming another kid?

... Oh that's sad. Report them both for their use of language like that and any abusive messages then ignore them.

ChainSmokingBob, Jan 10, 2015
  3. VaderSaver
    VaderSaver Guest
    Minecraft Xbox one kids friend list

I am a parent of a 7 year old. Also loves Stampy. He really wants to play with friends. No foul language. His name is stampystamper. Please invite him, he would love to play with some new online friends.

VaderSaver, Jan 10, 2015
  4. DigiSlob
    DigiSlob Guest

Solution

Mute all mic and voice as standard, with the option of us 'un-muting' the gamers and mic's that we choose to have active, as apposed to the current 'hear everyone, mute indivuals' job.

Therefore those that are only there to hurl hurl will only have a selected or no audience and those we opt in to hear, we know the content will be what we want to hear.

Better for everyone!

DigiSlob, Jan 10, 2015
  5. DigiSlob
    DigiSlob Guest
    mute doesnt work on Fifa, as when you press LS to get the lobby list then select the user to mute them, it jumps into the Xbox profile, select 'Mute in Chat' ... go back into the game, they are still talking.

Report. Cant report when you cant see who it is that is talking, as the mic symbols are all flashing at the same time even when you have the mic disabled. Otherwise, you end up reporting innocent people that have done nothing wrong.

Block. Had to block the last 20 people as i had no idea which gamertag was spouting the abuse. Blocking doesn't reallty solve the main principle that gamers shouldn't be given the opportunity to abuse, bully, make racist, xenophobic slurs in a game rated
    for players from the age of 3.

Lazy and ineffective options, but that's all that is deemed sufficient by the so-called "powers that be".

Maybe its just the Fifa game and the players that play it? Last night I had to mute my TV because of the amount of gamers spouting abuse at people in lobbies.

If it is the default mindset for the current generation to hide behind a screen, act like you are all mighty and mighty and be highlyh disrectful to everyone .... then i have nothing but pity for them.

But if the only option left to play online and having to mute my TV so i don't have to be subjected to this nonsense, then I will happily take it if no one else cares.

DigiSlob, Oct 31, 2018
  6. DigiSlob Win User

mute doesnt work on Fifa, as when you press LS to get the lobby list then select the user to mute them, it jumps into the Xbox profile, select 'Mute in Chat' ... go back into the game, they are still talking.

Report. Cant report when you cant see who it is that is talking, as the mic symbols are all flashing at the same time even when you have the mic disabled. Otherwise, you end up reporting innocent people that have done nothing wrong.

Block. Had to block the last 20 people as i had no idea which gamertag was spouting the abuse. Blocking doesn't reallty solve the main principle that gamers shouldn't be given the opportunity to abuse, bully, make racist, xenophobic slurs in a game rated
    for players from the age of 3.

Lazy and ineffective options, but that's all that is deemed sufficient by the so-called "powers that be".

Maybe its just the Fifa game and the players that play it? Last night I had to mute my TV because of the amount of gamers spouting abuse at people in lobbies.

If it is the default mindset for the current generation to hide behind a screen, act like you are all mighty and mighty and be highlyh disrectful to everyone .... then i have nothing but pity for them.

But if the only option left to play online and having to mute my TV so i don't have to be subjected to this nonsense, then I will happily take it if no one else cares.
  7. DigiSlob Win User

Solution

Mute all mic and voice as standard, with the option of us 'un-muting' the gamers and mic's that we choose to have active, as apposed to the current 'hear everyone, mute indivuals' job.

Therefore those that are only there to hurl hurl will only have a selected or no audience and those we opt in to hear, we know the content will be what we want to hear.

Better for everyone!
  8. CaptnCrazyKilla Win User

MineCraft 360 Edition

Can I get friends on gamer tag minecraftking2k with kids that are around 7 Years old on Xbox
  9. Fatalshock8912 Win User

TitanFall needs RANKED PLAYLIST

I'd rather leave it like this. Matches are still intense, but there is next to no abuse being hurled around. Ranked playlists= Call of Duty-like abusive racist kids taking the game too seriously. I wont support that.
  10. Dukefleed2015 Win User

MineCraft Kid XBOX ONE (5-13) Friendly Players

Hi,

My kid is 7 years old and would love to join. His GT is:
Thema:

1. Gamer hurling foul and abusive at a 7 year old kid, then his Mum - Similar Threads - Gamer hurling foul

2. How do i find the ip address of a gamer thats cyber bullying my son on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the ip address of a gamer thats cyber bullying my son on xbox?: I know the persons gamertag and alias first name but i know the name is probably fake. How do i find the ip address so i can stop the bullying. 6c9866ea-842a-4f88-a809-9d60804c691a
  3. To upgrade yourself on the upcoming digital series x as the xbox gamer or stick with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    To upgrade yourself on the upcoming digital series x as the xbox gamer or stick with the...: To upgrade yourself as the xbox gamer on the upcoming digital series x or stick with current series x the one with the disk drive? What I should do on this case or the situation on the scenario?...
  4. Why have i got 20000 more gamer score?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why have i got 20000 more gamer score?: I was playing on my Xbox 360 and all of a sudden I got an extra 20000 gamerscore. could someone help? 96956507-edfe-48bd-811a-ad38d8d5c383
  5. Gamer tag greyed out when try to sign on Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamer tag greyed out when try to sign on Xbox live: I have a Xbox 360 when I try to sign in to play black ops 2 when I click xbox live for multiplayer the gamertag pops up and won't let me click on it cause its greyed out and also when I do sign...
  6. Retro Gamer trying to get uk Xbox 360 working in Canada

in XBoX on Consoles
    Retro Gamer trying to get uk Xbox 360 working in Canada: I read on another thread that I just need to swap out the power brick of a NA Xbox 360 for the uk 360 but the connections to the Xbox is not the same so the NA cord does not fit into the uk 360. I...
  7. I have been gamer pic banned, for a photo of me and my girlfriend? (attached)

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have been gamer pic banned, for a photo of me and my girlfriend? (attached): So i have been communication banned (however on enforcements it appears with the tag “gamer pic ban”) for a profile picture of me and my girlfriend? the picture isnt sexually suggestive, nor...
  8. I have 2 gamer tags with the same email. I cannot get my old gamer tag to work. Please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have 2 gamer tags with the same email. I cannot get my old gamer tag to work. Please help: I have 2 gamer tags with the same email. How do I use my original db77b83e-9c0b-4428-9cdf-52b1308c73d0
  9. gamer tag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    gamer tag change: Hi all. I singed in my xbox account on one of the kids ipad to download a purchased item on Minecraft PE. Somehow they managed to change my gamertag from one I have had for 15+ years completely...
  10. Hello fellow gamers do you guys know how to solve the error code 0x87e00029?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello fellow gamers do you guys know how to solve the error code 0x87e00029?: Hello fellow gamers! So today i wanted to download the microsoft flight sim with a product key. It al went well until i needed to download an update before downloading the game. After the download...