Gamepass Windows Extremely Slow Download Speeds

Discus and support Gamepass Windows Extremely Slow Download Speeds in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Why are Gamepass download speeds so slow? On the same computer, the same network, using ethernet I can reach beyond 15 MB/s on competitors like Steam,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by wdwallace, Nov 8, 2020.

1. wdwallace
    wdwallace Guest

Why are Gamepass download speeds so slow? On the same computer, the same network, using ethernet I can reach beyond 15 MB/s on competitors like Steam, yet Xbox App can barely get to 5 MB/s on a good day it seems? On top of this, I was forced to uninstall
    a game because a small update was taking so long and sitting at 100% complete, but not showing the play button. Why is there no choice to use previous versions when the updates are downloading so slow. A 1.8gb update taking so long and resulting in me being
    forced to uninstall because I had to choose between sitting forever with download speeds less than 100 KB/s or uninstalling.

The experience leaves me questioning whether the service is really worth the subsciption cost when games are unusable due to extremely slow download speeds.

What are your thoughts?

:)

wdwallace, Nov 8, 2020
  2. luissolid Win User

Downloading speed extremely slow

Right now Microsoft has limit the bandwidth to avoid any type of "Staturation" on the service!

Now you can do a Speed Test on Settings and Network, just to verify the network.

Regards!
  3. Aerals Win User

try restarting your xbox one console or router/modem you have. Or, even contact your internet provider and have them reset it manually. sometimes calling the company provider you have helps when they reset, i’ve done it before.
  4. wolfheart517 Win User

Xbox had announced that they encouraged downloads due to the traffic that exists due to the situation
  5. NICZZO20 Win User

hey, this issue could be one of a few things but to start are you using wireless or a wired connection.

This will affect how fast your Xbox downloads games and updates. If you're using wireless try to use a 5ghz Wi-Fi rather than 2.4ghz if your router/accesses point allows it, however, if possible try using a wired connection as it will be most stable and
    much faster than wireless.

If you do go a wired route then the ethernet cable that you will want to acquire is a CAT-5E or CAT-6 ethernet cable. I

f you can't go the wired route then make sure that when you are downloading something on your Xbox try to keep your Xbox close to the wireless accesses point if possible and make sure that your network settings in your Xbox are not limiting the speeds of
    the download.

Also having the Xbox in rest mode while downloading updates dose help the speed in my experience but this may vary.

best of luck

6. DR SHAGGY PHROE Win User

I've tried everything to troubleshoot but nothing is working
Thema:

1. Gamepass Windows Extremely Slow Download Speeds - Similar Threads - Gamepass Windows Extremely

2. i cant get minecraft on windows even though gamepass says i own it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cant get minecraft on windows even though gamepass says i own it: one day i decided i wanted to try minecraft on pc i opened the xbox app and installed the launcher, it said it wanted me to sign in to my microsoft account i went to and it automatically signed me...
  3. there is no window with games for gamepass, there is only a cloud option

in XBoX Games and Apps
    there is no window with games for gamepass, there is only a cloud option: I run Windows 11 on ARM machine and Xbox app only shows cloud games variant, is there solution for it to get normal game pass list of games? [img] 5346929d-2f41-41c5-98a4-529c75e6f9f6
  4. Wo Long Fallen Dynasty in PC GamePass on Windows 11 the Gaming Services app pops up in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wo Long Fallen Dynasty in PC GamePass on Windows 11 the Gaming Services app pops up in...: Every time I try to launch Wo Long Fallen Dynasty in PC GamePass on Windows 11 the Gaming Services app pops up in Microsoft Store, and then I immediately get an error. One of these pops up:...
  5. Wired Xbox One controller acting weird on Xbox GamePass on PC Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Xbox One controller acting weird on Xbox GamePass on PC Windows 11: I'm using a wired Xbox One controller on GamePass on PC and it's acting very crazy, for example on Starfield the Y and B buttons are both jump buttons, left bumper is both scanner and crouch, the...
  6. I'm can't sign in to windows pc gamepass and am missing services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm can't sign in to windows pc gamepass and am missing services: Whenever I try to click on sign in on the gamepass app. It loads a blank screen then closes. I've tried loads of fixes I could find, uninstall and reinstall, repair and reset of gaming services,...
  7. Error code 0x87e0000f downloading from Gamepass (Windows 10)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x87e0000f downloading from Gamepass (Windows 10): I tried preloading Starfield via Gamepass through Xbox pc app, and once I reached 55% I received error code '0x87e0000f'. -I have an extra 100gb of space on my SSD where Starfield is downloading....
  8. Xbox gamepass authenticate window keeps popping up and going away

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox gamepass authenticate window keeps popping up and going away: Hello I was trying to play Hades off the gamepass on pc however on the xbox app if I click on anything the xbox authenticate window will pop up and go away rapidly many times. When I tried to play...
  9. Torchlight 3 - Cannot change resolution & window mode (GamePass PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Torchlight 3 - Cannot change resolution & window mode (GamePass PC): Hi, since Torchlight recently had another update (the one introducing the cursed captain char class), I thought I'd give it another go, but it's again unplayable for me: screen res within...
  10. XBOX Gamepass PC - Plague Tale - Window Zoomed In

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX Gamepass PC - Plague Tale - Window Zoomed In: Hello, Been enjoying the Beta for Gamepass on the PC by playing Plague Tale for around two weeks. Yesterday, without warning, when I launch the game something funky happens. It appears it...