Gamepass games that I never asked to install in my new laptop keep on reinstalling

Discus and support Gamepass games that I never asked to install in my new laptop keep on reinstalling in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a new Windows 11 laptop which I use alongside my other Windows machines. When I took the new laptop into use, Xbox app or Windows Store... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jaakko Lehtinen, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Gamepass games that I never asked to install in my new laptop keep on reinstalling

I have a new Windows 11 laptop which I use alongside my other Windows machines. When I took the new laptop into use, Xbox app or Windows Store gradually installed it full of PC games that I do not want to play using this machine. After uninstalling the games, they just keep on coming back. Pretty much every day on a random moment Starfield, Flight Simulator and Peppa Pig start installing, hoarding all my network capacity and all my disk space. Cancelling the installations while they are underway or in the queue, either in Store or Xbox app, does not help. Those games just keep on coming back. Also, letting them install first and then uninstalling them does not help, because they will be soon installed again. I am using the same user account in all my PCs but this is still ridiculous. Having a game in my gaming PC does not mean that I want it to be installed everywhere.

:)

Jaakko Lehtinen, Jan 11, 2024
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Gamepass games that I never asked to install in my new laptop keep on reinstalling

Hello Jaakko L, My name is oskayra and it will be a pleasure to help you.

I tell you in advance so that there are no misunderstandings, this is a public forum for user-to-user support. We are users who help other users. We do not work for Microsoft and do not have access to any user accounts.

I understand that you are having problems with games installing automatically on your new Windows 11 laptop. Here are some steps you can try to fix the problem:

Check for software updates. Make sure your laptop is updated with the latest software. You can check this by logging into your computer and selecting "Settings" > "Update & security."

Disable automatic game installation. You can do this in the Xbox app or in the Windows Store. In the Xbox app, open settings and go to "Games." Then, uncheck the “Install games automatically” box. In the Windows Store, open Settings and go to "Updates & Downloads." Then, uncheck the “Automatically install games I purchase or add to my library” box.

Delete secondary user accounts from your computer. If you have secondary user accounts on your computer, one of them may be set to install games automatically. You can delete secondary user accounts that you don't need. To do this, log in to your computer with an administrator account and open the Control Panel. Then, select "User Accounts" > "Manage User Accounts." Click the user account you want to delete, and then click "Delete Account."

Uninstall the Xbox app or Windows Store. If the steps above don't work, you can try uninstalling the Xbox app or Windows Store. To uninstall the Xbox app, open Control Panel and select "Programs and Features." Next, click "Xbox" and then "Uninstall." To uninstall Windows Store, open Control Panel and select "Programs and Features." Next, click "Microsoft Store" and then "Uninstall."

Restore your computer to factory settings. If you have tried all the other steps and the problem persists, you can restore your computer to factory settings. This will erase all the data on your computer, so be sure to back up your data before doing this. To restore your computer to factory settings, log into your computer with an administrator account and open Control Panel. Then, select "System" > "Recovery" > "Restart now". Then select “Troubleshoot” > “Advanced” > “Restore to factory settings”.

If you have tried all of these steps and the problem persists, there may be a problem with your computer. In this case, you will need to contact Microsoft support. You can do it through the website.

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. Mrdiploben Win User

MSFS2020 Installation Issues

Hi there,

I've done this and now nothing is working, it keeps prompting me to install gaming services when it is installed. I've tried reinstalling it via powershell but that doesn't work. I'm starting to feel like i wasted my gamepass.
  4. HodgyDOT Win User

MCC install and acess problems Steam/Microsoft store.

I have done as of two days ago, still heard nothing back. I installed on my laptop for shits and giggles and the prompt went through but I cant run the game on my laptop cause its horrible and old.

Not sure why this pc even after fresh install and deleting of shit still persists.

I guess a reinstall of windows will fix it? but that's asking TON for one game.

terrible system for this launch.
  5. Georges C. Win User

How do I TRANSFER my PC game pass from one laptop to another?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community

Hello Radiant, on your new laptop, install the Game Pass App as well as the Companion App, and log in with the same account that has the subscription, the only one but you will have to reinstall the games through the App on the new laptop.
  6. N_Bab1 Win User

Games won't download on Xbox game pass PC application.

Hi !

I have followed your instructions to the letter, but unfortunately the problem persists.

I got an update from Gaming Services, and since then when I want to install a game from GamePass PC or Windows Store, the download stalls at 0% with the Visual C++ 2015 UWP Desktop Runtime Package telling me if be installed on each installation attempt.

I also reinstalled the Xbox application, deleted the Gaming Service and reinstalled it, unchecked the ipv6 of my network... all without success. I've already reinstall Visual C++ 2015, without success too .

I've never had a problem in over 4 years of Gamepass.

My Windows 11 is up to date. Can you help me ?

Best Regards.

Nicolas.
Thema:

1. Gamepass games that I never asked to install in my new laptop keep on reinstalling - Similar Threads - Gamepass games never

2. Gamepass game. .

in XboX Insiders
    Gamepass game. .: Can you ad fnaf sécurity breach en wobbly life in de gamepass please? submitted by /u/Technical_Routine_39 [link] [comments]
  3. why cant I queue into a game, and why does gamepass keep popping up and can someone fix this

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant I queue into a game, and why does gamepass keep popping up and can someone fix this: I previously had the Xbox one s, but yesterday bought the Xbox series s as an upgrade to be able to play ncaa football coming out in July. My issue is that I can no longer play rainbow six siege...
  4. Cant launch gamepass games on my PC

in XboX Insiders
    Cant launch gamepass games on my PC: When you select to play a game from the downloaded games, the game card launches on screen, signs in, then syncs, and then gets on stuck in the "Launching Game" phase. Has anyone else experienced...
  5. Cancelling a Gamepass subscription on a account i’m game sharing with

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cancelling a Gamepass subscription on a account i’m game sharing with: so i recently started game-sharing with this friend of mine. However he has a subscription already which is xbox live core, and i wanted to game share game pass ultimate with him so if i cancel...
  6. Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games

in XboX Insiders
    Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games: I love that Basic Touch works with remote play. It has been glorious playing BG3, D4, Harold Halibut all in my bed or even my commute IF the connection is stable enough. But, why cant this just...
  7. Playing gamepass on my gaming laptop keeps stuttering.

in XBoX on Windows
    Playing gamepass on my gaming laptop keeps stuttering.: Hi guys! I have an issue with my gaming laptop. When I play gamepass cloud games or installed on my ssd it stutters really bad and cannot play games at all. I was able to before but ever since I...
  8. Xbox GamePass games suggestions

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox GamePass games suggestions: What games do you like to be added into xbox gamepass For me i think the best games that could be added is call of duty , carx drift racing , and crash series let me hear your thoughts...
  9. if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded

in XBoX Accessibility
    if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded: if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded d7e7c536-caa7-4db3-8ffa-708f64cb503b
  10. Why is playing a game on PC+ PC GamePass + Controller so crappy?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is playing a game on PC+ PC GamePass + Controller so crappy?: On forza, every time I hit the e-brake it makes the telemetry menu pop up. In rocket league, A is Jump. B is jump & boost. LT is Jump & boost. RT is drive and boost. B is just boost. X is drift &...