Gamepass crashing instantly upon opening

Discus and support Gamepass crashing instantly upon opening in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; the splash screen pops up momentarily and then it crashes. I have tried reinstalling the app, resetting ms store, repairing the app, restarting the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Joseph King2, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Joseph King2
    Joseph King2 Guest

the splash screen pops up momentarily and then it crashes. I have tried reinstalling the app, resetting ms store, repairing the app, restarting the app. I have checked my event viewer and found the following;

Faulting application name: XboxPcApp.exe, version: 2312.1001.18.0, time stamp: 0x65713980

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3930, time stamp: 0x9141f979

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x000000000012db22

Faulting process id: 0x4854

Faulting application start time: 0x01da49080998eed8

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.GamingApp_2312.1001.18.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\XboxPcApp.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 9abec6e6-e932-41e4-acaa-635751a4e09a

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.GamingApp_2312.1001.18.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: Microsoft.Xbox.App

:)

Joseph King2, Jan 17, 2024
  2. cinco312 Win User

Xbox Gamepass app crashes upon opening.

Today's update for the Xbox app and Gaming Service appears to have fixed it. Thanks for the reply, I'll save it for future use.
  3. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Hi,cinco312,

I hope you are doing well today. Welcome to the Xbox Community. Thank you for reaching out to Xbox Forums. You have issues with Xbox App crashing upon opening. I am happy to help and provide suggestions that hopefully fix your problem.

Solution 1:Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files.

If some Windows functions aren't working or Windows crashes, use the System File Checker to scan Windows and restore your files. Sometimes corrupted files can cause issues.

Solution 2: Reset Windows 10 store & Xbox app

1. Open Settings.

2. Go to Apps -> Apps & features.

3. On the right side, look for Microsoft Store/Xbox App and click it.

4. The advanced options link will appear. Click it

5. Next, click on the Reset button to reset Microsoft Store/Xbox App to default setting

Solution 3: Play games offline on Windows 10 using Offline mode; this error could also be attributed to issues with the Microsoft store not recognizing your entitlement to the game. Would you please click on this link Play games offline on Windows 10 using Offline mode | Xbox Support. Then scroll down and click on the drop-down arrow and look at the steps for How to enable offline play on your device

solution 4: Error 0x8007139F or 0x00000001 occurs when you try to install, update, or launch a game on a Windows 10 device

When you try to install, update, or launch an Xbox Game Pass game on your Windows 10 device, you’re redirected to the Microsoft Store page for Gaming Services. When you try to install or update Gaming Services, you see the following error code and message. Even thought you showed me a different error code, lets try this as well.

Solution 5: Windows Update Troubleshooter

If you get an error code while downloading and installing Windows updates, the Update Troubleshooter can help resolve the problem.

I hope these suggestions help! If this answers your question, please mark the thread as "Answered."
  4. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Hi Cinco312,

I am glad to hear that you issue was resolved and that you are able to get back to gaming. Have a wonderful day and happy gaming.
  5. Striker Eureika Win User

My Fallout 4 is currently (quite literally) unplayable. Is there a way to fix my problem?

So an update.

Even after performing a factory reset of my entire console and reinstalling the game then, it STILL instantly freezes and crashes upon reaching the main menu.
  6. HellaBallin Win User

Trouble with party and snap.

Same. To boot, Skype crashes upon opening it.
Thema:

1. Gamepass crashing instantly upon opening - Similar Threads - Gamepass crashing instantly

2. Xbox Gamepass for PC Starfield crashes after update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Gamepass for PC Starfield crashes after update: I sincerely hope someone can help me. This isn't the first time this has happened: I'll be playing Starfield, having fun, then there's an update and suddenly I can't load. Either the game crashes...
  3. Gamepass games constantly crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass games constantly crashing: The games from game pass are constantly crashing I cant even open up some games before they crash ab60dc9a-c951-433f-b13d-a23403a3526a
  4. Remnant 2 on pc gamepass crashes after selecting character to fatal error.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remnant 2 on pc gamepass crashes after selecting character to fatal error.: I have been playing this and since the latest update on the 2nd I keep getting a fatal error crash after selecting my character. I have tried reinstalling the game and all drivers are up to date....
  5. The game called Coral Island on Xbox GamePass always crashes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The game called Coral Island on Xbox GamePass always crashes.: Hello, Why can a very broken game be on Xbox Game Pass? Coral Island has been updated multiple times on other platforms, but on Xbox, it hasn't even received a hotfix to address the crashing...
  6. Ark Survival Evolved Pc Gamepass crashes on joining server 9 of 10 times

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark Survival Evolved Pc Gamepass crashes on joining server 9 of 10 times: My previous attempt at submitting a question provided an inexplicable error, all relevant info is in the screenshot. [img] e503cefe-f598-4673-a781-741f95c6a25d
  7. Gamepass Games Crashing - Chivalry 2 & Sea of Thieves

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass Games Crashing - Chivalry 2 & Sea of Thieves: System Specs GPU: RTX 3070 Ti (MSI Suprim X) CPU: 12th Gen i7-12700k RAM :64 GB GPU Driver: NVidia 546.17 Issue Both Chivarly 2 and Sea of Thieves are crashing after about 30 minutes of...
  8. starfield crashes to dashboard at loading, suggestions other than canceling gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    starfield crashes to dashboard at loading, suggestions other than canceling gamepass?: I like Starfield. A lot. But I don,t need the aggrivation. There is no error message. XBox X just dumps Starfield from the load last save screen to the Xbox dashboard. Started a few days ago. I am...
  9. Forza Motorsport crashes on launch from PC Gamepass with Error Code 0xc0000409

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Motorsport crashes on launch from PC Gamepass with Error Code 0xc0000409: [img] I have never been able to launch FM from the xbox app on PC. I have done the following to try and resolve this: Updated all windows updates. Updated all graphics drivers Updated...
  10. Gamepass games crashing within an hour of launching on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass games crashing within an hour of launching on PC: Any game I've tried playing off game pass crashes within an hour of launching, prior to crash everything works. Crashes give no errors in event viewer. Tried playing a few of the same titles on...