Gamepass app on pc slow download speeds

Discus and support Gamepass app on pc slow download speeds in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Has anybody else been experiencing really slow download speeds with the gamepass app for pc? For example I downloaded fallout 76 yesterday on WiFi... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by KevinPovey, Aug 5, 2020.

1. KevinPovey
    KevinPovey Guest

Has anybody else been experiencing really slow download speeds with the gamepass app for pc?

For example I downloaded fallout 76 yesterday on WiFi and then plugged into my router. I have a 350 mbps network speeds from virgin media.

It took about 3 hours to download going nowhere above 16MB/s speed.

I have the game of old on my xbox and it took no longer than 30 minutes to install, xbox plugged into router using the same port. I removed the cable to use in my laptop to try and speed up download compared to WiFi.

Rules for bandwidth restrictions are turned off on laptop, so it can download at 100% bandwidth.

Tried port forwarding options but no change.

:)

KevinPovey, Aug 5, 2020
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

I paid for Xbox game pass for the pc but didn't get it.

download the xbox app and sign in with your account that has gamepass pc, then download the games from gamepass pc.
  3. Crystal007M Win User

Why is the download speed on Xbox PC so slow?

Hi XBF,

Thank you for the tips, I do note that these tips are for a actual Xbox whereas I use PC Xbox App. So definitely no games running. My brother uses actual Xbox in our house and his speeds are fine, over 30 mb/s it only seems to be the PC Xbox app that is slow at downloading (as noted I download games from Steam on same PC and speed is fine). Any recommendations?

Thank you
  4. NaZoooom Win User

Downloading game

5. Kathy A. Win User

Slow download speeds on Xbox app for PC

HI Dirty Yogurt,

Hope you are doing fine.

Do you still have issue with slow download speeds on Xbox app for PC?

Let us know by posting a reply here.

Kind regards,

6. Kathy A. Win User

Slow download speeds on Xbox app for PC

Hi Dirty Yogurt,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are experiencing slow download for your games even you have a fast internet. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

Suggested Troubleshooting:

Kindly turn off or disable antivirus, antimalware, PC optimizer that may block your internet from speeding up or analyze any installs you made.

Kindly update your Windows and Xbox app.

How to get software and driver updates for Windows 10

All about the Xbox app for Windows

Restart PC and router. If you are connected to the PC via Wi-Fi, please make sure your PC is the only one connected and check if your download continues.

Check your internet connection.

1. Navigate to Settings on the Xbox app.

2. Go to Settings. Select Network.

3. Check the NAT type under Current network status, Xbox Live services and Server Connectivity.

Other troubleshooting you may try:

Troubleshoot slow game or app downloads

Troubleshoot network connection errors

Please, do not forget to check here for known issues that might related to your concern.

Xbox Status

Known Issues for Game Launches

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding of our description by sending us a reply.

We look forward to your response. If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Gamepass app on pc slow download speeds - Similar Threads - Gamepass app slow

2. Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games

in XboX Insiders
    Basic Touch Controls on ALL Gamepass App Cloud Games: I love that Basic Touch works with remote play. It has been glorious playing BG3, D4, Harold Halibut all in my bed or even my commute IF the connection is stable enough. But, why cant this just...
  3. Account suspension keeps showing up in the Gamepass App

in XboX Insiders
    Account suspension keeps showing up in the Gamepass App: I have found this on my profile, after the pop-up shows up everytime in my Gamepass app. Everything works fine. I don’t know why it keeps coming up. Any fix? Thank you! submitted by...
  4. xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed: I recently remembered that game pass carries over to my pc as well so i attempted to download a gamepass game, state of decay 2. As i type this out, the download speed hasn't reached over 1 MB/s...
  5. Xbox app remote play and Gamepass App cloud gaming not recognising my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app remote play and Gamepass App cloud gaming not recognising my controller: I'm trying to use my stadio controller which has been transitioned to bluetooth mode. It works perfectly with in browser cloud gaming It doesn't work at all with remote play on the xbox app or...
  6. How do I get the Xbox App to Sync Data? (Gamepass games stuck 'syncing data')

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get the Xbox App to Sync Data? (Gamepass games stuck 'syncing data'): At some point the Xbox app decided to kill itself. Occasionally, I can launch and play games only to quit and have this eternal 'syncing data' launch screen the following launch of the game, for...
  7. Wo Long Fallen Dynasty in PC GamePass on Windows 11 the Gaming Services app pops up in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wo Long Fallen Dynasty in PC GamePass on Windows 11 the Gaming Services app pops up in...: Every time I try to launch Wo Long Fallen Dynasty in PC GamePass on Windows 11 the Gaming Services app pops up in Microsoft Store, and then I immediately get an error. One of these pops up:...
  8. I tried to download titanfall 2 on my pc gamepass and it opened the EA app my Xbox account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I tried to download titanfall 2 on my pc gamepass and it opened the EA app my Xbox account...: I tried to download titanfall 2 on my pc gamepass and it opened the EA app my Xbox account was linked to a random EA account that was not mine. I can't unlink the accounts so what do I do?...
  9. There's No sound on my gamepass app fory mobile phone ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    There's No sound on my gamepass app fory mobile phone ?: There's No sound for any game when I try to play from the gamepass app. I'm using my mobile phone 67e8d65d-38b7-4518-b6db-73f65751ff6c
  10. What's the path for the Xbox gamepass launcher app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What's the path for the Xbox gamepass launcher app?: I realise this is a super specific use case but I'm losing my mind here. I'm trying to set up a customised dock bar in rainmeter, and I'd very much like to include the xbox app (along with steam,...