Gamebar Video Lost

Discus and support Gamebar Video Lost in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recording my video for 2 hours plus and my computer blackout, when i open back my computer the video is lost, anyway to retrieve my video?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SukiCheng1, Jul 10, 2020.

1. SukiCheng1
    SukiCheng1 Guest

Gamebar Video Lost

I recording my video for 2 hours plus and my computer blackout, when i open back my computer the video is lost, anyway to retrieve my video?

:)

SukiCheng1, Jul 10, 2020
  2. ngocphi Win User

XBox is not Recording my screen

Screen capture is different from video recording

With screen capture you don't need fps

In game capture even 1 lost frame can be 10-30secs if lost video or audio this requires encoding by your gpu

If your screen capture is so good try yours and see what happens it's not the same as game capture like gamebar
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Game bar Surface pro screen record

Hi,

The MP4 container format gamebar and many other screen recorders use need to be 'finalised' before they can be played. If the software or OS crashes the video will fail to complete this process and the file will be lost.

There is no way get the file back I'm Affraid.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

XBOX GAME BAR - How to recover corrupted screen recording file?

Hi,

Sorry but the video, as previously mentioned, will be lost now. The reason being is that the video container format Gamebar uses must finalise the file to complete the recording. This finalising process can only completed when the video recording is stopped in the app.

Should the computer crash or lockup for some reason and stop the recording, then the recorded file won't be finalised and is, unfortunately, lost.

I understand some third party recording applications such as OBS use different methods to record and may not be so susceptible to such issues.
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

Need help to find my captures

any captures will be in the captures folder under video, you don't need to look for them in the gamebar
  6. KirbsKirbs Win User

Xbox game capture too bright compared to regular game

Hi josef,

i uninstalled and reinstalled the xbox gamebar but the videos still too bright when i record with it.

do you have any other suggestions?
Thema:

Gamebar Video Lost

1. Gamebar Video Lost - Similar Threads - Gamebar Video Lost

2. I am struggling with parties using Gamebar(PC)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am struggling with parties using Gamebar(PC): When joining Xbox parties using PC gamebar or the Xbox app(PC), no one can hear me, my microphone is locked as muted and cannot be changed, and everyone in the party is labeled as disconnected. I...
  3. When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar: Why did the copy link feature get removed from gamebar? I used to upload my pc clips to my xbox live activity feed but ever middle of 2023 the feature has been gone. I’ve seen a post that says we...
  4. how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar: how to enable xbox voice chat in background on pc gamebar a6c37fb7-5f65-4a63-9022-92c1bf0a8e57
  5. Xbox gamebar social menu not appearing

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox gamebar social menu not appearing: Im on pc, and I can't see the xbox gamebar social menu anymore. I've tried to re enable it but its not it settings like all the other widgets. It kinda just disappeared overnight. I don't get an...
  6. How to fix gamebar frozen video issue?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix gamebar frozen video issue?: After I clipped something and played the clip, it just shows a frozen part of the clip and plays the sound in the clip. If it helps, I was playing Fortnite. edb8791e-f0bd-488c-9350-95d299e0f3a4
  7. GameBar error. Error: unsupported video type or Invalid File Path

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GameBar error. Error: unsupported video type or Invalid File Path: So i record clips using gamebar. no shock. but i tried to play one of the clips through gamebar and it showed the error. So im not sure how to fix this problem. I can, however, click my...
  8. xbox gamebar video brightness is super high

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox gamebar video brightness is super high: For some reason, when I record something with xbox gamebar, the video's brightness is super high even though the game brightness is not. Could someone help me fix this? Actual Brightness: [img]...
  9. Xbox Gamebar corrupted footage on video editors

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Gamebar corrupted footage on video editors: Whenever I open something I recorded using the xbox gamebar on any kind of video editor, the footage always has messed up audio and some green bars. On the windows media player and vlc, the...
  10. Xbox Gamebar is only a video recording software..

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Gamebar is only a video recording software..: So a long time ago when I download game-bar for the first time, it gave me a friends list, my % on my parts, and more. But yesterday I installed windows on an ssd, and it uninstalled everything,...