Gamebar on win 11 turns on my microphone whenever I look at another window

Discus and support Gamebar on win 11 turns on my microphone whenever I look at another window in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi. Today I upgraded to win 11. I use gamebar to record my classes and I noticed that whenever I switch to another window the microphone's recording... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by sdfgsZDGszfSGFSGTSH, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Gamebar on win 11 turns on my microphone whenever I look at another window

Hi. Today I upgraded to win 11. I use gamebar to record my classes and I noticed that whenever I switch to another window the microphone's recording gets turned on.

This happens either using alt+tab, or minimizing, or opening selecting another window through the task bar. If i reduce the window size the microphone does not get turned on, unless I click on another window from the background. I use lightshot and whenever I take a screenshot the microphone gets turned on too.

I'm using a notebook with an auxiliary screen. Gamebar is recording the main screen while I'm switching windows on the auxiliary one.

This didn't happen back on win 10

PD: Please let me put the taskbar on the sides again!

Edit: I wrote this post I was still recording. The recording failed silently after 40 minutes, and when I started a new one the mic was no longer getting started whenever I switched windows

:)

sdfgsZDGszfSGFSGTSH, Nov 7, 2021
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hi sdfgsZDGszfSGFSGTSH,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to use the Game bar app to record your class. Truly, you may use either Game bar (commonly use when playing a game) or Office applications or any third-party app or website to record your screen. However, knowing that this Game bar app is recording just fine on Windows 10 and not on Windows 11, you can definitely raise this concern to the Microsoft Software Engineers. Kindly visit this link to send feedback: feedback.xbox.com

Knowing that you are using this for your class, I would highly recommend you to explore Office apps. If you already installed the OneNote 2016/365 and PowerPoint in Windows 11, kindly check the Insert tab on screenshot below to record your screen. Kindly contact your University IT Admin for any questions regarding Office license. You may install OneNote 2016 here for free: Download OneNote.

[​IMG]

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding of our description by sending us a reply.

We look forward to your response. If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Greeny134 Win User

Game Bar on PC closing itself

I have the same problem.

I have the store with a small on my computer, and when I scroll down it breaks.

I figure it's after the store loads 12+ apps, when you scroll down the window or make the window bigger and expand the window over the 12 apps is when it breaks, and closes the GameBar. So you push "Win" + G over and over again to hope for another result

;-p

My windows is up to date, and the other apps too I guess (only use 3 and I can't find an option to update)

and it looks like the update for the GameBar is the windows update, so you give you no confidence in this response.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Gamebar accesing microphone even though it does NOT have permission

Hello benblender,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that that you're experiencing issues with Gamebar accessing your microphone without permission. Let us help you get to the bottom of this.

If you have already disabled Gamebar's access to your microphone and it is still accessing your microphone, you can try resetting the Gamebar app. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.

2. Type "ms-settings:gaming-gamebar" and press Enter.

3. Scroll down to the "Reset" section and click on the "Reset" button.

If the issue still persists, we can stop the Gamebar from recording the background audio. You can go to Settings > Gaming > Game DVR and turn off the toggle switch under Record in the background.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

5. mauricio tumalan Win User

Gamebar Party Chat Overlay

Hi Rage my name is Mauricio i understand your problem

Open the Settings app. You can do that quickly with Windows Key + I shortcut.

Head over to the Gaming section.

Select Game bar from the menu on the left and disable Record game clips, screenshots and broadcasting using Game bar option.

if this doesn't work maybe is a issue with win 11 so i send you de FAQ link to the new version of gamebar with win 11

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win...

let me know if this works, have a great day
  6. Daniel McCray Win User

Is there any possible way to fix xbox gamebar?

yeah it's the same with me, 300 down 50 up on an average day, latest version of gamebar and windows 11 23H3, latest version of Xbox app with no corrupt drivers, hard drives, my audio device and headset are working just fine on literally any other platform except gamebar/Xbox app. maybe it's a botched windows update that broke the software in gamebar?
Thema:

1. Gamebar on win 11 turns on my microphone whenever I look at another window - Similar Threads - Gamebar win turns

2. I am struggling with parties using Gamebar(PC)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am struggling with parties using Gamebar(PC): When joining Xbox parties using PC gamebar or the Xbox app(PC), no one can hear me, my microphone is locked as muted and cannot be changed, and everyone in the party is labeled as disconnected. I...
  3. When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar: Why did the copy link feature get removed from gamebar? I used to upload my pc clips to my xbox live activity feed but ever middle of 2023 the feature has been gone. I’ve seen a post that says we...
  4. how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar: how to enable xbox voice chat in background on pc gamebar a6c37fb7-5f65-4a63-9022-92c1bf0a8e57
  5. Xbox gamebar social menu not appearing

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox gamebar social menu not appearing: Im on pc, and I can't see the xbox gamebar social menu anymore. I've tried to re enable it but its not it settings like all the other widgets. It kinda just disappeared overnight. I don't get an...
  6. Xbox gamebar messages widget disappeared?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox gamebar messages widget disappeared?: Opened up xbox gamebar to invite a friend to play forza horizon only to see that the messages widget is nowhere to be found, its not at the top where you can enable/disable, its just gone. Did I...
  7. i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...

in XBoX on Windows
    i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...: i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are turned off and ive tried everything but nothing works 051f8856-7c53-4954-a46f-3f47ff8ed1f7
  8. Xbox gamebar sign in doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamebar sign in doesn't work: I was wondering how to and if you can fix a glitch with gamebar that when I open it it doesn't log me in and each time I try to log in it comes up with signing in for about 0.1 seconds and then...
  9. gamebar fps capture stuck at 37.49fps

in XBoX on Windows
    gamebar fps capture stuck at 37.49fps: I did set the video framerate to 60 but when recording only 37.49 fps. My gameplay was more than 100 fps. 7657e413-e200-4e8e-937f-c1e8b807437e
  10. Win 10 Gamebar/Xbox Social/Start a party error

in XboX Insiders
    Win 10 Gamebar/Xbox Social/Start a party error: 0x00000000 then party closes. Just trying to use the Voicechat that I used all the time and this error has been coming up now for the past month. I had to do a fresh install due to reasons on my...