GameBar error. Error: unsupported video type or Invalid File Path

Discus and support GameBar error. Error: unsupported video type or Invalid File Path in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So i record clips using gamebar. no shock. but i tried to play one of the clips through gamebar and it showed the error. So im not sure how to fix this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EthanBlair, Nov 6, 2021.

1. EthanBlair
    EthanBlair Guest

So i record clips using gamebar. no shock. but i tried to play one of the clips through gamebar and it showed the error. So im not sure how to fix this problem. I can, however, click my screenshots. Just cant play a video through GameBar. any help? oh and all the clips dont play

:)

EthanBlair, Nov 6, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Please try the following:

Step 1

- Type Troubleshoot in Windows search and press Enter

- If you can't see troubleshooters, click the Additional troubleshooters option on the right

- Here, find Windows update section

- Click Run the troubleshooter and wait till the process is finished.

Step 2

- Type Services in Windows search and hit Enter

- In the new Windows, scroll down till you find Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)

- If the service is running, right-click and select Restart

- If not, right-click and select Start

- Do the same with Windows Update service.

Step 3

Press Win + REnter the following and hit Enter:

regsvr32 Qmgr.dll /s

Open the Run dialog again and run the following command:

regsvr32 Qmgrprxy.dll /s

Step 4

For this fix to work, you would have to find another Windows 10 machine of the same version (Home/Pro/Enterprise). If you have access to such a machine, do the following:

- Access another computerType regedit in Windows search and press Enter

- If User Account Control shows up, click YesNavigate to the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\TrustedInstaller

- Right-click on the branch and select Export

- Choose the location, name the file trustedinstaller and click Save

- Transfer the file to your computer

- Once the file is on your desktop, double-click the trustedinstaller.reg to merge it with your own registry

- Restart the PC and try updating Windows again.

Step 5

If none of the above helps, you can repair your Windows installation without losing files or installed apps. Here's how to do it:

- Go to the official Microsoft website and download installation files

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...;(press Download tool now)

- Once downloaded, double-click the setup.exe

- Accept License and Terms, select Upgrade this PC now, and click Next

- After the necessary files are downloaded, choose Keep personal files and apps

- Click Install (make sure that all apps are closed and not running before doing this)

- Your PC will restart and installation finished
  3. Lars_75 Win User

Xbox One store videos

I have the same issue after updating to 10.0.19041.2494 on Xbox One S

Game trailers used to play automatically when entering the game page in the store. The trailer never plays though. Even when clicking the actual trailer video at the bottom of
    the game page, it shows “Error: unsupported video type or invalid file path”.
  4. StrivingSwing2 Win User

NBA League Pass - Unsupported video type or invalid file path

I use windows 8 Professional ultimate it very good operating system. Windows 8 Professional operating system provides one of the best features on windows operating system. But sometimes I face some error related to SSL protocol error I was also checked
    out Apple AirPort Tech Support because it provides technical support. So could you suggest me what can I do?
  5. methodikyl Win User

Hi,

yip - me too. Has been fine all season.

any luck?
  6. methodikyl Win User

nba league pass are aware of the issue and working on it

have you tried accessing league pass through the xbox browser now nba has gone to HTML 5>?
Thema:

1. GameBar error. Error: unsupported video type or Invalid File Path - Similar Threads - GameBar error Error

2. I am struggling with parties using Gamebar(PC)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am struggling with parties using Gamebar(PC): When joining Xbox parties using PC gamebar or the Xbox app(PC), no one can hear me, my microphone is locked as muted and cannot be changed, and everyone in the party is labeled as disconnected. I...
  3. When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar: Why did the copy link feature get removed from gamebar? I used to upload my pc clips to my xbox live activity feed but ever middle of 2023 the feature has been gone. I’ve seen a post that says we...
  4. how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar: how to enable xbox voice chat in background on pc gamebar a6c37fb7-5f65-4a63-9022-92c1bf0a8e57
  5. Xbox gamebar social menu not appearing

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox gamebar social menu not appearing: Im on pc, and I can't see the xbox gamebar social menu anymore. I've tried to re enable it but its not it settings like all the other widgets. It kinda just disappeared overnight. I don't get an...
  6. Cant use gamebar, constant errors

in XboX Insiders
    Cant use gamebar, constant errors: I updated my gamebar last night and now every time I try to use it I just get a widget error, even on messages, friends list, achievements list, everything. I can't join a party for more than 5-10...
  7. Gamebar error code 0xC00D3E98

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamebar error code 0xC00D3E98: Originally when I tried recording with gamebar I was receiving error code 0x82323007. I tried playing with settings. Repairing the app (microsoft wont even allow me to uninstall the app the...
  8. GameBar not launching, gives error in event viewer.

in XBoX on Windows
    GameBar not launching, gives error in event viewer.: I've been trying and following all sorts of directions to get the game bar to launch, but it refuses. I get the following error in the event viewer: The server...
  9. [Gamebar] Browser error when linking Twitter account to XBox Gamebar Insider (updated...

in XboX Insiders
    [Gamebar] Browser error when linking Twitter account to XBox Gamebar Insider (updated...: [IMG] submitted by /u/HAL0GEM [link] [comments]
  10. Win 10 Gamebar/Xbox Social/Start a party error

in XboX Insiders
    Win 10 Gamebar/Xbox Social/Start a party error: 0x00000000 then party closes. Just trying to use the Voicechat that I used all the time and this error has been coming up now for the past month. I had to do a fresh install due to reasons on my...