Game won’t read in console

Discus and support Game won’t read in console in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Bought mw3 today. New game that came out. And Xbox one x won’t read the disk? Every other game I have works fine and downloads…... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Hey There1, Nov 13, 2023.

1. Hey There1
    Hey There1 Guest

Bought mw3 today. New game that came out. And Xbox one x won’t read the disk? Every other game I have works fine and downloads…

:)

Hey There1, Nov 13, 2023
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Hey T, My name is Khaji I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing trouble with a new copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 not being read by your Xbox One X. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Inspect the Modern Warfare 3 disc for any visible scratches, smudges, or dirt. Even minor damage can prevent the console from reading the disc properly. If you notice any significant damage, you may need to exchange the game for a new copy.

2. If the disc appears dirty or smudged, gently clean it with a soft, lint-free cloth. Wipe from the center of the disc outward in straight lines, avoiding circular motions. Be careful not to use abrasive materials or cleaning agents that could further damage the disc.

3. Power off your Xbox One X completely and unplug it from the power source. Wait for a few minutes, then plug it back in and turn it on. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary issues with the disc drive.

4. On your Xbox One X, go to the Settings menu, select "Disc & Blu-ray," then choose "Persistent Storage." From there, select "Clear Persistent Storage" to remove any temporary data that could be interfering with disc recognition.

5. Try inserting other game discs or Blu-ray movies into your console to see if they are recognized and read properly. If all other discs work fine except for Modern Warfare 3, it suggests that the issue may be specific to that particular disc.

6. Ensure that your Xbox One X has the latest system software updates installed. Go to the Settings menu, select "System," then choose "Updates & downloads." If an update is available, download and install it. System updates can sometimes include fixes for disc recognition issues.

7. If you have access to a reliable internet connection, you can try purchasing and installing Modern Warfare 3 digitally from the Xbox Store. This would bypass the need for the physical disc and allow you to play the game.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  3. Alexis Barrow Win User

Xbox One not recognising any DVDs at all

Tried a Blu-Ray. The console still won’t read the disc
  4. RobinWieringa Win User

xbox360

No it won’t play any game. I’m starting to think the reading eye is shot. Not sure how to check it.
  5. Cougar Ric Win User

Won’t read game disk

No, both disks I have for Rock Band are clean.

ive ended ip buying the digital download anyway now. Seems like too weird a problem to waste time over. All other disks worked fine.
  6. ((chicken_nugget)) Win User

Won’t read game disk

Hi Cougar Ric!

Sorry to hear that your discs aren't working on your Xbox. I had this same issue on the Xbox 360 a few years ago with Minecraft, and I tried a whopping four discs that didn't work. Make sure to try:

• cleaning your disc drive
    • clean the disc
    • check for scratches/cracks on the disc
    If none of those work, attempt to get a refund on the discs, and purchase a digital copy of the game from the Xbox Store.
Thema:

1. Game won’t read in console - Similar Threads - Game won’t read

2. Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s: I am trying to play games on my external SSD however they won’t run I know Xbox series x/s spec games don’t work and have to be run off the internal but the games I’m trying to play are older...
  3. Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game: We put a newer game in consol and needed to update but can’t read the update form the disc and now won’t let any game play bca5ba6e-b674-4ed2-ba99-cc56492662bb
  4. Xbox Game Captures Won’t Record

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Captures Won’t Record: Hello There, So for the past 4 days, basically since the new update, I’ve been have a TON of trouble with My Xbox Captures. I have been recording Xbox captures with my 2 TB Seagate external 3.0...
  5. Microsoft Ultimate Word Games Word Twister in Daily Challenges for 3/30/24 won’t load....

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Ultimate Word Games Word Twister in Daily Challenges for 3/30/24 won’t load....: MUWG Word Twister in Daily Challenges for 3/30/24 won't load. After the ad the program shuts down. Windows 10. ec18e123-345b-4092-8d7f-e2b678002816
  6. Xbox one X won’t read Xbox one game disc!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X won’t read Xbox one game disc!: As the title says my Xbox one X will read video disc, dvd disc, Blu-ray Disc, Xbox 360, but not Xbox one game disc it acts like I didn’t even insert a disc after reading it! I’ve tried the reset,...
  7. When I load up a new game it won’t read any inputs on my controller

in XboX Insiders
    When I load up a new game it won’t read any inputs on my controller: Whenever I load up a game that says “press start” or “login” I have to reset my console because it just won’t let me do any button inputs even resetting the game or logging out won’t solve this I...
  8. Xbox won’t read any discs apart from game discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox won’t read any discs apart from game discs: Hello, everyone! So I got an Xbox One S a few months back. Everything has been great so far, but when I tried to play some audio cds, it simply wouldn’t work! I tried the audio cd player app,...
  9. Why Won’t My Xbox 360 Read Game Discs?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why Won’t My Xbox 360 Read Game Discs?: The major contributing factor to a disc read error is a dirty optical lens (the one that your Xbox 360 laser passes through to read the disc itself). If there is dirt or dust on the laser lens,...
  10. Won’t read game disk

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won’t read game disk: One of my games wont start anymore as my xbox doesnt recongise the disk. I have a second copy of the same game but it doesnt recgnise this either. all other game disks work fine....