Game wont open after I transferred it over the cloud

Discus and support Game wont open after I transferred it over the cloud in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently got an xbox series S and I was transferring games from it from the xbox 1s and I tried to open a game and its telling me I have to get an... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Thg Tgh, Aug 26, 2023.

1. Thg Tgh
    Thg Tgh Guest

I recently got an xbox series S and I was transferring games from it from the xbox 1s and I tried to open a game and its telling me I have to get an xbox gamepass subscription to play it??? I've owned the game for well over 4 years now and i'm really confused on why its not working. I tried searching answers and it says I need to use the account I bought the game on but that account was lost due to me forgetting my password and xbox suddenly asking for the actual account password instead of the weird controller passkey. (This is the same person I just posted from the wrong account)

:)

Thg Tgh, Aug 26, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Thg Tgh,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I can see that you're having trouble opening your game after transferring it over the cloud. It sounds like the game is asking you to get an Xbox Game Pass subscription because it may not be recognizing that you already own the game.

Regarding your lost account, I recommend trying to recover your account by going to the Microsoft account recovery page and following the steps provided. Once you have access to your account, you should be able to access your purchased games.

If you're still having trouble opening the game after recovering your account, I suggest trying to uninstall and reinstall the game on your Xbox Series S. This should ensure that the game is properly installed and recognized on your new console.

Please see: Moving from Xbox One to Xbox Series X|S | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  4. Malacath Win User

What all goes backwards to the 360 games.

I think DLC will transfer over as well although it doesn't at the moment.

For saves they need to be in the 360 cloud to transfer over. In fact all BC saves seem to go into the 360 cloud. This can be a problem if like me you has so many games that all your saves wont fit in the cloud
  5. Nyree MMA Win User

Xbox 360 to cloud transfer

Im only trying to transfer my saved game the game is already purchased on the xbox one but cloud just wont appear as an option :(
  6. N7 Gh0stz Win User

Will the Xbox One have a transfer cable?

everything transfers over the cloud
Thema:

1. Game wont open after I transferred it over the cloud - Similar Threads - Game wont open

2. Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods: Game Bar will not open at all, I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Check for updates. Run commands in Powershell. Restarted my computer numerous of times and still nothing. Does anyone...
  3. My Xbox wont open games I downloaded and I just bought it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wont open games I downloaded and I just bought it: I tried opening 2k24 that I got off gamepass and the screen goes grey then brings me back to Home Screen does the same thing with Spotify but all the apps that came downloaded work fine...
  4. Xbox party chat wont work unless game bar overlay is actively open

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox party chat wont work unless game bar overlay is actively open: need a fix asap, tryna play games and party wont work, ive tried everything i can find and nothing has worked. i just need a simple fix for windows 11 home version, i cannot access background apps...
  5. Everything is suddenly laggy and some games wont open

in XBoX on Windows
    Everything is suddenly laggy and some games wont open: Yesterday when I was playing games, everything was fine and was running smoothly but since this morning games has gotten very laggy gaining from 5 to15 fps. I've looked up many tutorials and ask...
  6. Game wont open after I transferred it over the cloud

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game wont open after I transferred it over the cloud: I recently got an xbox series S and I was transferring games from it from the xbox 1s and I tried to open a game and its telling me I have to get an xbox gamepass subscription to play it??? I've...
  7. Game wont open/crashes every time + Game Save info missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game wont open/crashes every time + Game Save info missing: I was told to contact here for help Info on the issue, what Ive done and previous help can be found here https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/requests/431641 __________ Game wont...
  8. game pass games wont open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game pass games wont open: I tried playing gang beast and no mans sky and every time I open them it brings up that its not available for my account then proceeds to tell me to sign in and I'm already am so what can i do???...
  9. Certain Game pass games wont open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Certain Game pass games wont open: So recently One Piece Pirate warrior 4 was introduced in X box game pass on 8/12/21. So i bought the ultimate membership for this certain game and it wasn't showing in my console so i remotely...
  10. Games downloaded via game pass wont open(PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games downloaded via game pass wont open(PC): For days now I've tried every possible solution relating to my problem that I've found and nothing has worked. Any time I try to launch a game i downloaded via game pass using my desktop...