Game won't load past cutscene- Dead by Daylight Windows

Discus and support Game won't load past cutscene- Dead by Daylight Windows in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've been playing dead by daylight windows edition for a while now, and even recently began purchasing dlc in the game. But, ever since the game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by DustinTHowell, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Game won't load past cutscene- Dead by Daylight Windows

I've been playing dead by daylight windows edition for a while now, and even recently began purchasing dlc in the game. But, ever since the game updated a few days ago, I can not get my game to load past the intro cutscene. The cutscene loads just fine, it just freezes with the dbd symbol on the screen and the crashes. I've been seeing other people say they have the same issue, but no answers on a solution yet.

:)

DustinTHowell, Feb 12, 2021
  2. - AJ - Win User

I bought a lot of characters on the console in dead by daylight, but I can't play these characters when I switch to my computer, it tells me to buy them again, can you help me?

Hi, Shady_403 Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues accessing your characters on PC.

Unfortunately, Dead by Daylight is not part of the "Play Anywhere" program and as such, it requires separate purchases for each gaming platform. This means that the base game and any DLC content purchased on console won't work on PC (and vice versa).

I'm afraid this is the reason why you don't see your characters in the PC version of the game.

-------

For your reference:

Dead By Daylight for Xbox consoles - https://www.xbox.com/games/store/dead-by-daylight/C0N22P73QZ60/0001

Dead By Daylight for Windows - https://www.xbox.com/games/store/dead-by-daylight-windows/9NMS4SFNBGBH/0010

Taking this Chucky DLC as an example - https://www.xbox.com/games/store/dead-by-daylight-chucky-chapter/9NXB9P4X3RP0/0010

If you look at the "Playable On" section, it mentions it can only be used on Xbox Consoles.

-------

As a fellow gamer, I understand this is probably not the answer you were hoping for. I'm sorry, Shady_403.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to help.
    Best regards.
  3. ShoddyTiger1064 Win User

Holiday Themed Events

Yes! Also i like that lots of Halloween/Horror games were available via gamepass this past fall—live playing Dead By Daylight and that so many friends have it.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Can redeem a xbox code of Dead by daylight DLC on gamepass PC?

Hi GordosWar, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

I apologize but the DLC for Xbox with the game Dead By Daylight will not work on Dead By Daylight Windows 10 because both games have different licenses. The game is not an Xbox Play Anywhere game.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Dead By Daylight Windows

Thanks for the extra info, let's try this:

A.
    Reinstall Gaming Services using powershell command

Press Windows key + X and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

Type or copy / past the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Restart the PC and Open the Xbox application.

A blue notification with the following message is going to appear at the bottom:
    "This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services is needed for playing some games. Administrator approval required. Install"

Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services, once installed check again

B. Do a clean boot in your PC and check if the issue persist or not
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

C. Can be a bit odd but please reinstall the Microsoft store and all it's components (use both methods provided by Lester)
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

After that go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.
    After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app and dead by daylight

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset.
    Restart the PC and try again
  6. OpticRJames Win User

dead by daylight windows

Hi, Alfred. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

May I ask what platform you purchased the game from?
Thema:

Game won't load past cutscene- Dead by Daylight Windows

1. Game won't load past cutscene- Dead by Daylight Windows - Similar Threads - Game won't load

2. Xbox won't load games, friends, or anything else, but is connected to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't load games, friends, or anything else, but is connected to the internet.: Issue resolved. Thank you. 39a9c321-2f1f-451d-9680-fdac00ba79ee
  3. I loaded up MW2 on my Xbox series s and my new gaming mouse won't look around when I am in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I loaded up MW2 on my Xbox series s and my new gaming mouse won't look around when I am in...: l loaded up MW2 on my Xbox series s and my new gaming mouse won't look around when I am in the game. I can only aim and shoot. a918d987-b2ee-45b5-ba56-114e2546d669
  4. My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load: I have had my xbox one for a while it was loading a couple of days ago. However the next time I tried to boot it up it loaded to the dashboard but showing no games or apps just the top icons and...
  5. Saved game won't finish loading.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Saved game won't finish loading.: Just started playing Hogwarts Legacy and have a saved gamed. Only one and when I select to start/ use my saved game it will do all the parts you normally go through, but just stays on the load...
  6. My brand new Xbox X won't update just loaded games

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new Xbox X won't update just loaded games: My new Xbox X loads game from disc but then stalls on 1st update so game unplayable. It has done this to 2 different games. I have networked games across form my 360 and they play fine. Network...
  7. My xbox cloud gaming won't load on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox cloud gaming won't load on PC: The game will go to the green rocket but it will never load. I fully updated my computer and the xbox app. Please help 27d401f2-c96a-4ae5-abbc-974335733199
  8. game won't load?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game won't load?: Hello, I'm sorry if this isn't the right "support" to ask my question, but I'll try anyway. I tried to open the game "Roblox" on my Laptop (Samsung Galaxy Book Go) and it wouldn't open. there's...
  9. My Fortnite | Xbox Cloud Gaming won't load and keeps coming up with the same error, how do...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Fortnite | Xbox Cloud Gaming won't load and keeps coming up with the same error, how do...: I keep trying to log onto the Xbox Cloud Gaming service provided by Microsoft to play Fortnite or at least test it with some mates yet it still doesn't work and seems to create an error. Is there...
  10. Certain games won't load

in XBoX on Windows
    Certain games won't load: On a Series S. I've noticed that some games won't load if I plug in my external hard drive. I'm not playing the games from it, I'm trying to use it as media storage for my gameplay. Would be...