game wont install only tries to update and then fails

Discus and support game wont install only tries to update and then fails in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; hey my problem is kind of hard to explain but ive run into trouble on my xbox one where i deleted wasteland 3 while it was updating and for months it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by dylan harding1, Feb 20, 2024.

1. game wont install only tries to update and then fails

hey my problem is kind of hard to explain but ive run into trouble on my xbox one where i deleted wasteland 3 while it was updating and for months it has shown up in my queue trying to update and then saying install stopped and now when i try to actually download the game it starts trying to update instead of install ive tried completely deleting it i have also cleared local save data and yet im running into the same problem any help would be appreciated

:)

dylan harding1, Feb 20, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Dylan! thank you for your reply and the additional information.
    Would you mind giving this a try?

- Cancel all pending/failed installations.
    - Press and hold your console's power button until it shuts down.
    - Unplug your external hard drive and leave it like that throughout this process.
    - Unplug your power supply unit from both the console and the outlet for 3-5 minutes.
    - Plug everything back together and turn your console on
    - Try installing the game on your console's internal storage to check if the issues persist.

Please let me know if that works.
    Best regards.
  3. dylan harding1 Win User

hi aj id be happy to answer these questions

im still using the first version of the xbox one

yes i have a 1.8 tb hard drive

yes this is only happening with wasteland 3

no i first got the game from game pass and today bought it in the microsoft store thinking that might fix it

thank you for the quick response
  4. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Dylan! thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues installing your game.

If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you could answer the following questions:

- May I ask which Xbox One model you are using?
    - Do you have any external storage units plugged into your console?
    - Is this only happening with Wasteland 3?
    - Are you installing this game from a disc?

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  5. adi_677 Win User

Cant install game

update: i tried to install some other games, one failed and one (rise of nations) got installed.

So it seems only specific games are problematic

Any idea?
  6. Divine Genesis Win User

It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account.

Yeah but the app wont install because it says that i need the latest update for windows. And the update always fails. Update 1903.
Thema:

1. game wont install only tries to update and then fails - Similar Threads - game wont install

2. Xbox One wont install disk games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One wont install disk games.: When I try to install a game to my xbox one using a disk it always says installation failed when it reaches around 5 percent, I have tried with multiple disks and none work, some download more...
  3. Why wont R6 install through Pc Game Pass?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont R6 install through Pc Game Pass?: Every time i try and install it it says content failed to load and i already made a Ubisoft account for this. So does anyone know whats going on? b1cb416a-1efa-475a-84e5-9ae18b545528
  4. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  5. Stupid gamepass wont let me install a game..

in XBoX Accessibility
    Stupid gamepass wont let me install a game..: Fed up with all the issues only to now end up with a new one that makes NO sense. I turn 40 in 2 months and yet Conan exiles on xbox gamepass on PC is telling me my mommy and daddy have to...
  6. Brand new xbox x wont install or update new physical game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Brand new xbox x wont install or update new physical game: I purchased the new xbox x series yesterday and a physical box game starfield I did the console update put in the new game starfield and it says installed but need to update so I update now and...
  7. game bar wont install on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game bar wont install on pc: why cant i download the xbox game bar the download keeps failing and its throwing 2 error codes 0x80240438 and 0x800706ba ive tried every single fix microsoft said to none of them worked...
  8. Xbox Game Pass game wont install on my hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass game wont install on my hard drive: Hi all, I am having an issue at the moment where game pass will install content onto my "C" drive which is my SSD (has limited space available), when I go into the install settings to change the...
  9. Stupid gamepass wont let me install a game..

in XBoX Accessibility
    Stupid gamepass wont let me install a game..: Fed up with all the issues only to now end up with a new one that makes NO sense. I turn 40 in 2 months and yet Conan exiles on xbox gamepass on PC is telling me my mommy and daddy have to...
  10. Gaming Services "missing" and the ridiculous typical "wont let you install on C Drive" rubbish?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services "missing" and the ridiculous typical "wont let you install on C Drive" rubbish?: Has this been fixed? Genuinely tried 6 or 7 "fixes" now and absolutely nothing works. Yet the continue to charge me $15 a month and the app simply doesn't work. It's ridiculous. Anybody know of a...